War comes to Chernigov

Ikhan

(OOC: I do not want any foreign involvement in this war. This could change, but if it does, it will have many limitations. You can, of course, post a reaction if you so wish.)

Prelude to War...

The ecumenopolis of Chernigov Prime, formerly known as Tracyn, was, as usual, busy. People were loading cargo onto ships, traveling to other regions of the planet, etc etc... However, today would be different, as an announcement was about to be made. Suddenly, holograms throughout the empire turned on and a familiar shape, that of Alexei Lysenko, Immortal Master and Protector of Chernigov, was about to give a speech.

"People of Chernigov, it has come to my attention that the supporters of the Order of Imperial Knights, as well as survivors from the order and the Sith Empire have come together to fight against us. These rebels are being led by Master Ivan Holub of the Imperial Knights and Darth Malgus, the last surviving member of the Dark Council. Now, a message to these rebels: You will never have the power to destroy me. That you believe you could... It offends me. Thank you." Alexei said over the hologram before it turned off. At the same time, Ships in the Eternal Fleet began leaving Chernigov Prime for Rebel strongholds. 

Fall of Justice

The Justice, a Vengeance-class battlecruiser, had been separated from the rest of it's fleet due to a problem with one of the engines. Little did the crew know that this was sabotage by the rebellion.

"Sir, there has been an intrusion on deck three." one of the clones said to the commander of the vessel. "Hull breaches reported on decks two and five." he added.

"Hmm... This couldn't be an accident. It must be sabotage... But then again, why would they want an understaffed ship..." the commander said.

"Perhaps they wish to use it as a disguise?" another clone asked.

"That doesn't matter. I want all hands to battle stations, we have some company." the commander said as a group of ships approached. Even after several hours of fighting, the crew could not hold the attackers off. By the end of the day, the crew had either died or surrendered, and so, the Chernigovan Civil War had begun.

Local Rift

Somewhere, in a universe distant, Admiral Hans Murdoch, Commander-in-Chief of all VRZ forces, is likely stifling a frown. The realm of PW-1 has caused the High Hunters worry - worry enough that rift cruisers and a new named fleet were slated for construction. These additions have ballooned the VRZ's numbers considerably, but even still they are a far cry from the glistening heights they once were before the dreaded Ishii and Kiran armadas turned the bulk of Nalydya's armadas into scrapmetal. But here and now, in this realm, the Pords have been liberal. Many rift ships have been brought into PW-1 to further Nalydian understanding of the natives; as in all verses within which Winter's children live, they are avid learners and seekers of all knowledge. And so it comes as no surprise to anyone when nam-Kalzhak agreed to begin standard VRZ patrolling procedures within PW-1. 

Admiral nam-Kyzhaq requested five hundred new rift fleets. nam-Kalzhak, tasked with patrolling and keeping an eye on all of the PW-1 universe... Has considerably fewer to work with. Following the closure of the Naxid crisis and the retirement of Manster Heinz' fleets back to NS-1, nam-Kalzhak has been left with five rift fleets - collection of 2,700 warships in total. With such a vast quantity of space needing to be covered, the rift fleets have divided the area into sectors based on importance; Caledonia - the most powerful nation native to PW-1 by Nalydian standards - is observed by the cruisers of 16th Rift Fleet. Next in line is Chernigov; surveillance here is done by the 29th Rift Fleet. France is observed by the 32nd, and the rest of the spacefaring nations of PW-1 are, in no particular order, observed by rotating cruisers of the 22nd, 31st, and 202nd Rift Fleets.

This then is the reason cruisers of the 780th Patrol Fleet find themselves plying the rift relative to Chernigov Prime. The lead ship, a diminutive 5 kilometer long Häzhel-nam Koch type rift cruiser, shines eerily in the sickly domain. The realm, accepting the rift-infused polyhedral plating (or Chürzhna armouring as it is becoming known within Nalydian circles) of the craft as its own, responds eagerly to its every movement and desire. She banks - the rift helps; she ascends - the rift aids. 

1500, local time. Or at least as far as the temporally-anchored clocks of the cruisers are concerned. A hologram appears to the residents of Chernigov, but unbeknownst to them, it is intercepted and viewed by the Pords as well...

"People of Chernigov, it has come to my attention that the supporters of the Order of Imperial Knights, as well as survivors from the order and the Sith Empire have come together to fight against us. These rebels are being led by Master Ivan Holub of the Imperial Knights and Darth Malgus, the last surviving member of the Dark Council. Now, a message to these rebels: You will never have the power to destroy me. That you believe you could... It offends me. Thank you."

The message is relayed back to Colonial VRZ Command. Admiral nam-Kalzhak is quick to review it and immediately understands the gravity of the situation. Soon after, reports come trickling in of combat erupting all across Chernigovian space, and it is thus that the harsh reality reveals itself. Chernigov has become embroiled in a civil war. High Hunter Nykat, speaking on behalf of the Colonial High Hunter Council, has taken the opportunity to make a statement regarding the current turn of events.

"Most recently the native PW-1 nation of Chernigov has become embroiled in a war civil of sorts. Imperial Nalydya would like to make it clear that she has no interest in joining this conflict now or at a future date. The people of Chernigov are barbaric and the brutish, heathen savagery known as the Force still holds sway within their borders. We will not dirty our hands through combat with such a tribalistic foe."

High Hunter Nykat has no more words on the matter.

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Chernigov Strikes Back

"Sir, the Rebel base will be in range within one minute. Should we prepare the Desolator?" a young officer asked the commander of the Victory, a refitted Harrower-class dreadnought.

"Yes. Prepare the desolator. I want to see these rebels burn." the commander said.

"Of course, sir." the officer replied before ordering the weapon to be charged. After a short period of time, the weapon was fully charged.

"Prepare to fire on my signal." the commander said.

"Sir! Enemy fighters incoming!" one of the officers reported.

"Very well. Fire!" the commander ordered. Suddenly, a large weapon mounted upon the front of the vessel fired. As the weapon hit the atmosphere, all ships leaving the planet fell back to the surface. After a few seconds, the atmosphere of the planet ignited while the laser penetrated the planet's crust, allowing the third and final stage to begin. Within a minute, the core of the planet was destabilized, causing the planet to tear its-self apart within a matter of hours. "Another successful test." the commander said to himself as the ship left the system.

Edited by Alexei Lysenko

Endgame

The Imperial Palace was silent, it's renovations finally being finished. From his throne situated above the atmosphere of the planet, Alexei watched his fleet as it left for different regions throughout the multiverse. However, something was different than usual, Alexei could sense it. Suddenly, a shuttle flew close to the building before docking.

"Guard the entrance." Alexei said. However, he knew he was sending them to their deaths. A few minutes later, the doors were ripped apart as two men entered the room. "Master Holub, Darth Malgus, tell me, why have you come?" He asked, even though he knew the answer.

"We have come to end you." Master Holub replied before igniting his lightsaber.

"You mistake me for your own weak flesh. I... Do not end." Alexei replied.

"Even the strongest can be defeated. Surely you of all people know this." Malgus said.

"That... Is were you are wrong." Alexei said before pushing him against the wall. Upon doing this, Master Holub attempted to strike him down, however, he could not do anything to him. He was frozen, his lightsaber mere inches away from Alexei's head. "The deaths you've caused... The war you've fueled... It is all mine. This Universe... is mine." He said before impaling the man with his own lightsaber. "You are Master of nothing, Holub." he said before dropping him off of the bridge between the elevator and his throne. Upon seeing this, Malgus attempted to attack him, however, none of his attacks could truly hit him, as he simply absorbed the energy. Suddenly, Alexei began to electrocute the man, causing his respirator to malfunction. However, this was hardly the worst thing for Malgus, as the power of the lightning was enough to throw him through one of the glass windows in the throne room.

Victory

Alexei, after defeating the leadership of the rebellion, quickly made his way to his holopad to report the end of the war. Upon reaching it, holograms throughout the Empire light up.

"People of Chernigov, today marks the end of the Civil War. Darth Malgus and Master Holub are dead. Through this war, our bonds are made stronger. To those whose families were lost on countless worlds, I send my condolences. As for the rebellion, surrender, and your lives will be spared. That is all." Alexei said before heading back to his throne.

Edited by Alexei Lysenko