The Great Return of the Narvanese Awakening

Prezyan

gerhard-nesvadba-sunflowers-and-wheatfie

"My soul was once lifted from my earthly body, and ascended to the divine realm of Heaven. Upon me was an endless landscape of the purest, land mine eyes had ever laid dear eyes upon. Immediately the memories of home filled me as nostalgia took hold, and feelings of content overwhelmed my being. This was Heaven, undeniably so, yet it was not my time, and so the Gods took my soul, and returned me to my earthly body so that the word of Heaven could be spread!" - Imperial Lexicon, Recorded Circa Imperial Year 2570s (1830s-1840s A.D.)

Within Narvan, the traditional folk religions converged into a singular Narvanese doctrine established during the reign of Emperor Orel in the early 1700s. This singular doctrine allowed for a renewed belief in Narvanese manifest destiny on the uncivilized African populations surrounding the Empire. However, by the early 1800s, the Narvanese faith was wavering. Therefore in an effort by the elderly Emperor Orellion (Grandson of Emperor Orel), attempts were made at a revitalization of the faith by renewed funding towards missionary schools and other religious organizations. It wouldn't be until the coronation of Emperor Hyrthor (Son of Orellion, Grandfather of Empeor Kaylem) that the first Narvanese Awakening would occur. Upon his coronation, a beam from the sun was cast upon the Imperial Crown, just as it was being placed upon Emperor Hyrthor's head. This was interpreted as a symbolic meaning as to that the efforts by the Crown to restore Narvanese faith to the people was divine and just. 

Following the events at the coronation, the words, "Chosen by Heaven" and "Divinely Guided", were added to the Imperial title. Therefore, Emperor Hyrthor was the first Emperor in Narvanese history to hold the formal title, "Heir of the People, Conqueror of the Narvant, Chosen by Heaven, Divinely Guided, Forever Wise, and Sovereign of all the Narvanese." The terms "Heir of the People, Conqueror of the Narvan" and "Sovereign of all the Narvanese" would eventually be dropped from the Imperial title by Emperor Hyrthor.

Emperor Hyrthor would later declare that all preachings in regards to the faith be recorded in the Imperial Lexicon. Various quotations were sent to the Imperial Capitol of Sathaos for recording, estimating over 10,000 quotations were received weekly, however less than 1% of the received preachings were added to the Imperial Lexicon. Despite this, over 30,000 pages of the Imperial Lexicon are dedicated to the holy verses as they'd later be called. That portion is collectively called as the "Holy Lexicon of the Narvanese Peoples"

After the death of Emperor Hyrthor, the mass-evangelizing was reduced significantly, and by the time Emperor Kaylem was crowned at the age of three, it had nearly vanished. There was a minor reassurance during the war against the Silsari, however Emperor Kaylem decided not to fan the minor revival. Over a century later, in the Reign of Emperor Prezyan, are we now seeing a return of the traditional Narvanese faith.

Originally only prevalent in the West and North-West portions of Narvan, the congregations of those regions returned to the rest of the Empire due to the terrible war that has plagued the nation. Emperor Prezyan himself as come out in support of the return of traditionalism to the Empire, and hopes for its continued survival. 

"A field of Golden Wheat is what my Heaven is like, and I'm sure its the same for all of you. Narvan is heaven on earth, a glorious nation of overflowing wheatlands, which sway as the gentle winds breeze across them. That is what my home is, and that is what my heaven shall be."
- Emperor Kaylem, given at the conclusion of his speech in regards to the Narvanese surrender to the Silsari. Reinforced the idea that Narvan is a beautiful nation, regardless of its Military accomplishments or failures. 1921 A.D.

gerhard_nesvadba_wheatfield1.jpg

Edited by Prezyan
  • Upvote 4

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(