RIN: Senator Convicted of Crime, Slight Government change

Church

Rome International News

A few updates from Rome came out today. Recently First Citizen Jefferson David III was shot and killed at the Senate. We have found the murderer. A Senator from Southern Rome was convicted and sentenced to the Guillotine in Rome's Square for Public Viewing. 

In other news the Senate has also voted to remove the Blockade in the southern Mediterranean sea.   After the Emperor of the Dutch went to the Senate and begged the Senate to remove it, due to this the Senate revoked their decision. 

After the Murderer was convicted, First Citizen Richard Lee handed back the Sword of Power to the Senate. Though two days later, the Senate voted to have Richard Lee named Imperator of the nation.

After Imperator Richard Lee was crowned, he spoke to the nation. These were his words. 

"Citizens of Rome, you know who I am. I am your new leader, your Emperor, your Imperator. Though I have been given the title of Royalty, I want to state and make it clear to the world. This is not a Monarchy, I am the leader of a Republic. I will make sure to see Democracy upheld. i would like to make it clear I did not ask for Royalty, I personally feel i do not serve nor am I qualified for such a position. Though I Will  respect the decision of the Senate and uphold my new office to the fullest."

The Nation rose to applaud the new leader. The first thing Imperator Lee did was sign in a new treaty to further enhance our economic situation. This treaty signed by the kingdom of Evenstar and the Republic of Rome. This treaty is strictly for Econmic purposes only, there are no war like clauses to the treaty, though we wish to upgrade later on.

Richard Lee being crowned Imperator: merlin_s4_arthur_being_crowned_by_twilig

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer