Just a thought...

to me it just seems kind of unbalanced that to get the same amount of gas production per factory as i get for steel production or aluminum production, or munitions production I have to get an emergency gas reserve.... this seems kind of unfair and lemmie show you why: (in a 2 city build example, with max production per commodity per city)

commodity:                un-upgraded                 upgraded

steel                                53.46

aluminum                         53.46

munitions                         106.92

gas                                (forgot to look)              35.64

how is this even fair or realistic for that matter? the cost to upgrade to emergency gas reserve is the exact same as to upgrade to an arms stockpile... yet even without the arms stockpile - munitions production per factory is over 3 times that of the production of an upgraded gas.... and steel and aluminum upgraded is around 1.5 times that as upgraded gas production. Looking at (comparing the two equal cost upgrades) at arms stockpile and emergency gas reserve they both give the same 1.5/turn to 2.0/turn upgrade so the upgrades are equal as they should be for the cost. Looking at the actual factories themselves however is very revealing.... both add 16 points pollution but oil refineries cost $10k more than munitions factories, cost $500 more per day to operate, but can only refine 1/2 what munitions factories can into 2 times what they refine as opposed to 3 times what the munitions factories refine bauxite into. so let's make another comparison.... Oil refineries v steel mills (which have the same cost to make and daily operational costs)... yep, steel mills refine at a 3 times rate as opposed to oil at a 2 times rate. No matter which manufacturing building you look at, every one of them run at at least a 3 times rate of efficiency as oil refineries do...

Please I am not asking for a HUGE upgrade to the oil refineries, just the same 3 times rate that all other manufacturing buildings have so that

3 tons of oil is refined into 9 tons of gasoline