The Game Has Changed.

AiOS

OOC: Attempt at explaining Athretvari’s new “look†a little.

IC: Opka, capital city-state of Athretvari.

==========

Tyro was tired. He was paying little attention and had no idea what was soon in store for him and his nation. He turned from the setting sun and looked to Science Secretary Hycintho Kyhrn. The man was rambling on about something or another called “the Player.â€

The two men and four hand-picked agents from the ADF Special Corps’ elite “Joxo†(assassins) division rode in a large glass elevator as it glided down along the western façade of the Ministry of Arts overlooking the newly constructed Naval Corps shipyards in Opka. The port was in the last stages of being rebuilt since the the capital city was struck by several terrorist nuclear attacks targeting infrastructure vital to the ADF Air- and Naval-Corps over a year ago.

Five Orca-Class warships from the Opka Naval Task Force were crawling with seamen busy preparing the ships to join ten others from Ythdremâ. Tyro thought the 15 ships together under the command of Admiral-General Pai Ge would form an impressive mini-fleet. They would soon sail north to participate in Nova Scotia’s East Asian Naval Training Exercises near the Kamchatka peninsula.

“... like magic!†Kyhrn was waving his arms and gesturing toward the sky.

Tyro had seen the terrific potential of magic to destroy and disturb the natural world, and in response had been quick to order the development of extremely dangerous, experimental and expensive anti-arcanologic weapons to counter its growing usage and threat, but now Kyhrn was telling him there was something much more terrifying about Orbis... The world as he knew it wasn’t real, and he, along with every other Athretvar, weren’t anything more than figments in the imagination of some demented, insane demi-god doing no more than “playing a game.â€

The last thing Tyro needed now was a mad man in charge of his nation’s most top secret weapons research and development programs. He wanted Kyhrn to explain his latest “discovery†all once more before gesturing to the Joxo agents to subdue the man and haul him away to a sanitarium. “You call it the Player, this supernatural being that supposedly exists in another ’dimension’ beyond Orbis?â€

“Yes.â€

“And this Player created Athretvari and her peoples out of pure thought? And continues to this day to dictate our destinies and define our very existence?â€

Kyhrn smiled. He had had a vision, no it was an epiphany, while taking a bubble-bath late yesterday evening. It had taken him nearly three hours of trying to explain quantum computing and interdimensional mechanics. And he often felt he was just rambling on incoherently, but the Athretvar Commander-in-Chief seemed to finally understand what he was saying.

“Yes, it is called the Player! Or rather He is called the Player. Athretvari and all its people are nothing more than constructs within this Player’s mind. He is playing a type of simulation and controlling every decision we make and action we take. He writes our history, invents our language, religion, and cult...â€

Tyro waved him silent, “Can we communicate with it, Him, with this Player?â€

“Ahh... Yes. Well, at least I think we can.†Kyhrn felt excited, he had been pondering the very same question, and he had a crazy theory as to how to prove it.

==========

An hour later, deep beneath the Ministry of Arts in a section Tyro had never before seen, called the Special Projects A-73 Testing Laboratories, the Copernicus-XT2005 was calculating the total number of alternate universes it may very well be teleported to simultaneously if it executed the experiment and nearly crashed in a massive logic panic.

Tyro watched as Kyhrn tried to calm the giant computer, “Heh! It can be a bit testy at times.†It hummed back to life and began running a long diagnostics test in a futile attempt to keep Kyrhn at bay.

“I don’t have time for this.†Tyro growled impatiently.

Kyhrn feverishly typed commands into the computer. Suddenly a great ball of light appeared in the center of the room. Tyro was immediately surrounded by the Joxo agents as the ceiling and the countless tons of dirt and steel above them vanished to expose a bright blue sky.

Skylight.png

The Commander-in-Chief was in no mood for light shows or games, he was a busy man after all. He turned to Kyhrn and shouted, “What trickery is this?â€

Kyhrn giggled madly, “It worked! I cant believe it actually worked!â€

Tyro pushed past the Joxo agents and grabbed Kyhrn, “What is this nonsense?â€

Suddenly great claps of thunder boomed over them. Kyhrn fell to the ground trembling and mumbling to himself. Tyro looked up and thought he saw the figure of a winged man descending from the sky. He reached up to block his eyes but the light burned the skin on his hands.

“What.. who are you?!†Tyro shouted over the sound of howling winds and a chorus of angelic voices singing “Halleluya! Halleluya!â€

“I am the Player,†the figure said with a mighty voice, “the creator and genesis of Athretvari, the force and energy of thy nation and people. I am the cause of thy being, thy purpose, and thy reason. Thou hath called Us and in Our love We have come to thee.â€

All the Joxo agents trained their rifles on the figure. Tyro raised his hand ready to give the order to fire. They fell to the ground as if dead. Tyro laughed nervously, “What is this bullsh...â€

The voice thundered again, “I am the Pla...â€

Tyro interrupted, “Yes, yes. The Player. And I am...â€

The earth quaked, Tyro watched as the remaining floor and walls around him began to crack.

“Shut up Tyro Leif, Commander-in-Chief of Athretvari! Thou hast called upon Us and now offended Us with thy ignorance of Our glory. We, the Player, being ever benevolent even in the midst Our rage, commands that the Truth of thy existence be known onto thee. Thus, We recreate thee and thy world without the fancy of flesh or stone, that thou may be more humble before Us in the future. Pay heed to Our mercy.â€

The voice thundered once more, “Now behold, thy true world.â€

Everything around Tyro began to pixelate and reformed to expose a strange digital landscape.

Tyro felt a surge of energy rush up from the ground and course through his body. He looked at his hands in awe and horror as they exploded into a million tiny pixels and reformed again glowing red hot.

He cried out as shockwaves of pain burned through him. His body burst into billions of pixels and then reformed.

TyroRedhands.png

Tyro cried out, “What’s happening!?†He looked up and saw the figure ascending back into the sky. He clenched his fists and raged, “I will destroy you! Who are you?!â€

The figure smiled, “I am the Player...â€

CitiPic.png

• Upvote 3

ScientificHumanism.png

tl;dr

The mental mechanics that go into deciding to write this amazes me. lol.... What's the short text version of "who cares if you did or didn't"? lol...

Edited by Tyro Leif
  • Upvote 4

ScientificHumanism.png