More realistic way to engage military

Soxirella

Firstly, if the below proposal is too much, then I have a simple suggestion request to allow players, who have twice, or more, as many defensive wars than offensive, be able to buy back planes at the rate of 100% in three days, instead of six.

Things like the inability to rebuy all troops in one go are intended to make the game more realistic, but how realistic is it to be able to attack all the cities of a country in one go, especially where there are 15-20+ cities.

Since military destroys infra/improvement of one particular city only, I propose only the military units of those respective cities, or a similar number like troops from three cities, attack each other.

So, if the attacker is attacking from a city with 4 air force bases, and attacking a city with 5 air force bases, then it will be a battle of 72 planes v/s 90, and a maximum of 90 planes can get destroyed on either side. We could also set it to troops from any/chosen three cities v/s troops from any/chosen three cities.

Right now if three offensive people attack one defensive guy, then the defender looses more than half their air force. With this suggestion, they may have some capability to fight back. Some of their cities may be war torn, but then they may be able to make a come back using their others.

The strategies in fighting also increases using this suggestion. Instead of capping military units to 5/3 each, we can put an overall military cap of 18, with an individual unity type cap of 8, so the number of defenders/attackers may differ.

We can also introduce changes to turns - Instead of 4 turns per attack and 10/12 resistance lost via air / naval attacks, we can make it 2 turns per attack and 5 / 6 turns lost, so there are more attacks and possible outcomes to the war. We can also make it such that, if you attack from a city then you won't be able to use that city in the next attack, for the same unit type attack.

In order to not just make it a numbers game, we can introduce a Research project, where the players can sink more funds into improving the military in each of their cities or overall.

One common aversion to this idea I forsee is people saying that people who loose wars should have been more careful and diplomatic, etc., but I am pretty sure most if not all alliances have been on the defensive (outnumbered) side of a war. Once an alliance is outnumbered, it is extremely rare, if not impossible to make a come back. We have all been there and this would benefit everyone.

The other suggestion I'd also like to add, but am not particular, is to put a cap on amount raided from individual GAs, lower the alliance loot % slightly, and put a cap on amount and frequency alliance transfers, not deposits, to non-alliance destinations. This should encourage people to keep the amount in their own nation like a proper war chest, and may reduce need for off shore banking.

Edited by Soxirella
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1