Paint it Black

Eva-Beatrice

October 31st, Halloween night arrives in Rokkenjima once again. Per tradition, the city of Alcamoth was decorated and illuminated in colors fitting for the holiday, as it once again hosted Rokkenjima's annual Halloween party. Various species were present - witches, humans, demons, vampires, and a lone Diclonius.

One such vampire, Maria Kurenai, was skipping along the ring of the floating city, happily humming to herself. Just days prior, she had seen the news regarding the establishment of relations between Rokkenjima and The Holy Britannian Empire. Just thinking about it still made her giggle with excitement. Maria stopped and gazed up at the night sky, the image of a beautiful girl with long green hair filling her mind. "I'll see you soon, my darling..."

On the second level of the city stood the Witch Council, Commander Satan, and his trusted General, Alciel. Satan, otherwise known as Maou, turned his head to look at Eva-Beatrice. She had a slight smile on her face, and he knew all too well what she was thinking about. "Have there been any updates, Lady Eva?" She shook her head, keeping her voice down as she spoke. "None, but what we do know is this. Night Raid successfully made it behind enemy lines ten days ago, General Lucifer has his fleets in position, and General Esdeath and the Jaegers are on standby at the border. Nothing's changed. The operation will continue as planned."

General Alciel stepped closer, joining the conversation as the remainder of the Witch Council dispersed to enjoy the party. "Are you positive about testing you know what? The effects may very well be felt beyond just Nanjing. I have to express my concern about Night Raid evacuating that many people without the military taking notice." Eva shrugged. "If our spy was correct, there isn't anything to be concerned about. Night Raid also confirmed upon arrival that the intelligence about the remainder of China's military forces being stationed to protect Nanjing is correct. You should have more faith in your subordinates, Commander. I thought the time you spent living amongst humans would have taught you that." Maou sighed a bit. "I know, but still, I'm not so insane as to expect success in every single mission. That is what prior experience has taught me. You're right, though. I have faith that Night Raid and Liu Xiu were able to secure the escape route to Shanghai." Alciel joined in once more. "Still, there is one part of this mission that remains unclear. What do we do once it spreads?" Eva simply smiled, an innocent expression on her face. "Why, help our neighbors in their time of need, of course." She walked off casually. Alciel turned to face Maou. "You know, even for not being a demon herself, she's still frightening." Maou nodded. "Yeah, I can't argue with you there..."

Later, at Rokkenjima's border with China just outside Beijing...

General Esdeath glanced at the clock. Noticing it was almost time, she stood, looking across the lightly guarded border into Tianjin, China. Standing in formation behind her was the Jaegers, Rokkenjima's elite Police Squad, tasked with assisting the General on this mission. As midnight finally arrived, Esdeath unsheathed her sword and pointed it across the border. "Jaegers! Before us stands yet another red door. Let's paint it black..."

Edited by Eva-Beatrice
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."