President Korczak: Development [Organic]

Princess-_Mary-2.jpg
"Since the start of 2000, France has seen exponential growth in technology and defense. Our nation has seen great strides in innovation and civil development, the megacity projects in Liége and Geneva are testaments to our strength and development. Under the leadership of the UMP, France is seeing a recovery from economic hardship and distraught. As the night sets on France, it will reawaken to a new dawn. A day of joy and love, a day which will go down in history as the resurgence of the French people, their culture, and their honor. Across the seas, we discover new nations to establish relations with, on principals of mutual respect and cooperation has set a principle of diplomacy for all states. We express a keen interest in the Confederate States of America and the Grand Sufi Order to be nations which France will establish close relations for both trade and friendship spanning the course of history and time. Across France, our development projects from Megacities to new railways and roads to connect the various regions of France is a pre-requisite for our role as a leader of Europe. Reforms amongst our armed forces are also underway, for the new challenges we shall face will require we be able to challenge them and protect our people. Our rights as humans will not and shall not be trampled with by any power, foreign or domestic. Viva La France, Viva la République!
[Translated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs] 

• Upvote 3

Inside the halls of the French National Security Council, President Korczak remained eye-weary from her trip to Riyadh to meet the Sultan of the Grand Sufi Order. As the winter colds swept the icy floors of the Chateau-Bleu, with the First Family making plans to head to their private family lodge in the Alps for the Christmas holidays. Although they were allowed to use the Government-owned Presidential Retreat, Korczak insisted on using her family lodge as it was traditional and it would use less taxpayer's money. The COS and SoG would send special operators to defend the de facto Presidential Retreat in the alps. Before President Korczak could join her family in the Alps, she had to chair the National Security Council meeting with the heads of defense, ministers of interior, defense, foreign affairs, Directors of the DGSI and DGSE, and the National Security Advisor being present. The NSC agreed to the investment plan of 52 million francs in the Regime's economy, with plans to develop apple farms in the future. French steel and energy providers were also keen to invest in the Regime's growing economy as a possibility of longterm development. The NSC supported the bill with the French Senat and was signed by President Korczak. The debate over Germany, however, was a greater issue to handle. 

[Minister of Defense Leo Pascal] 

"While we understand the budge for 2001 is already enormous with a 50 billion increase in defense spending, our current force cannot sustain the combined strength of the Austrians and Germans. With the combined strength of the Ministry of Interior's national guard [1,000,000] and the Armed Forces [680,000] would be 1/3 of our combined strength but even then it would be two times smaller than the Germanic Armed Forces. Even with the Strategic Homeland Defense, our forces would be 3.75 million strong."

[Minister of Interior Toma Kozikowski] 

"Leo is right, our armed forces is the lowest in Europe, with the Soviets, Austrians, and Germans being far more stronger in numbers. I support the idea of raising taxes  on Tobacco and Cigarettes to increase the Defense Budget to allow more research and technological innovations."

[Minister of Defense Leo Pascal] 

"We need to see this threat a viable one if anything the negotiations over Brussels showed their willingness to use war as a threat. We need to be prepared to fight them if needed, the paper by Le Tribunal...."

[Minister of Foreign Affairs Gérôme Rouzet] 

"Your points that Germany is a threat are valid, no one is saying the Germanic nations are not a threat. However, they are only the monsters we make them look like, while they may have used the threat of war we need to be able to call out their bluff. Yes, there may come a time when war is evident but until that point, we should not be the ones to start that conflict. The Germans are more scared of the Soviets than us, they are scared the Soviets are gonna make an attempt into mainland Europe once more, and I bet you they don't want to fight a war on two fronts."

[The Conseil de Sécurité Nationale Élisée Solé] 

"I concur with Gérôme, there are a lot of factors. We can easily engage in economic warfare to destroy the value of the Reichsmark, we could ally with the Soviets, there are too many factors that would cause the Germans not to attack us prematurely. While I expect a conflict in the future, for the meanwhile we shall grow and see what threats arise. I propose we set aside 15 billion francs from the discretionary funding budget for the Defense Only sector and use that when and if needed."

[Chef d'État-Major des Armées (CEMA) Maximilien Hammond] 

"I believe our debate about Germany can come to a close, we should accept the Proposal by Élisée and revisit the topic back in January. Let us enjoy this Christmas holiday in good spirit and as good Christians believe in the protection of the lord almighty and that he will protect us on this blessed week." 

[President of the Republic Lidia Korczak] 

"Very well, I think we can adjourn this meeting. My ruling on Operation Serpent is a no, we will not even discuss such options. I agree to set aside 15 billion francs for the next fiscal year in the event the defense budget needs it. I wish you all a splendid Christmas, and I look forward to pictures from all of you, that's a Presidential order." 

They all laughed. President Korczak packed her belongings before heading to the Presidental Helicopter to head to the Alps. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Chief of Staff had arrived, 

“Madame President, Your new Secretary Kara Danvers has arrived, she was highly recommended from her previous position as Assistant to Cat Co.” I looked at her, “Thank you Elizabeth.” I finished with a smile. I stood up as Kara entered. “Thank you for meeting me Kara, I know that you may be readjusting to Paris. I do hope the city is as spectacular as you may have imagined. Can I offer you any water or tea?” She looked startled. “I feel like that is my job” She laughed, “I love this paradox! Oh, my god, did I say that out loud” She looked mortified. I joined in on her laugh, “Please, join me.” I led her to the balcony behind my office. “My security detail does not appreciate me for going outside and on the Balcony because it leaves me ‘exposed’” I smiled at her. “Kara, this job is very requiring and it is tiring so I hope you know what you signed up for.” “Yes, Ms. Korczak.I mean Madame President.” I gave her a shoulder rub, “Lidia will do just fine. Now, go take the rest of the day off. Enjoy the air and scenery, it is good to take in the beauties of humanity while they last.” She looked out the window. “How do you do it all? I mean to be President, a mother, just all of it.” I walked back inside, closing the windows. I sat down, before responding. “You start small, I was lucky to meet Frederik. He is loving, caring, and accepting. You juggle with two balls before you juggle the third.” Kara looked at me, “that's funny…my old boss told me the same thing.” I opened my drawer, pulling out a book about Cat Grant. “Perhaps because I read her book.” We both laughed. “Now off you go, enjoy your time before work.” 

I opened my phone, clicking Clark’s name. On occasion Clark and I would message, I would usually ask him for advice or help but this time I had the chance to once again help him. His cousin, and the daughter of a good friend of mine back on…well, that’s a story for another time. I gladly offered Kara a job in my administration, alongside hiring a couple of her friends back from home. 

I closed my drawer, rubbing my temples. It was good to have Clark visiting, and hopefully, Kara can join us eventually. 

“Madame President! You are needed immediately” 

“Well, duty calls I guess.” 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

President Korczak in 2002

President of France

Incumbent

Assumed office

14 May 1995

Prime Minister

Laura Chauve

Preceded by

François Chirac

Co-Princess of Andorra

Incumbent

Assumed office

14 May 1995

Serving with Joan Enric Vives Sicília

Prime Minister

Antoni Martí

Representative

Patrick Strzoda

Preceded by

François Chirac

President of Le union pour un mouvement populaire

In office

6 April 1993 – 8 May 2002

Deputy

Nicolas Sarkozy

Laura Chauve

Preceded by

Position established

Succeeded by

Laura Chauve (Acting)

Minister of Digital Affairs

In office

26 August 1992 – 30 August 1995

Prime Minister

Elizabeth de Roux

Preceded by

Charles Rousseau

Succeeded by

Micheal Dabbourd

Personal details

Born

Lidia Julia Korczak 

21 December 1995 (age 40)

Amiens, France

Political party

Le union pour un mouvement populaire 

(1990-present)

Spouse(s)

Frederik Karasek (m. 1980)

Children

Juliusz

Vincent 

Łucja

Léone

Parents

Rafał Korczak

Henrietta Dalton Korczak

Religious Affiliation

Église catholique en France

Residence

Chateau-Bleu, Paris

Alma mater

Académie Diplomatique Paris

Lycée Paris pour le Economic

Signature

Military Service

Nicknames: 

Nighthawk, Viper,  Puss in Boots

Service/Branch

French Air Force

Years of Service

Rank

Capitaine

Unit

Escadron de chasse 3/30 Lorraine (1975-1986)

Hunter Squadron 1/7 Provence (1986-1989)

Awards

French commemorative Medal 

North Africa Medal

Edited by Prince Hunter of Bavaria