Circle of Life

DSDH Air Security Centre

"DEFCON ONE, DEFCON ONE, DEFCON ONE!!!!" screamed a man.

3:00AM, Nuclear Missile Launch Facility, Somewhere up North...

*red phone rings* The entire staff in the room stands frozen, staring at the phone. The red phone can only mean 2 things. A drill, or a real launch. The phone duty officer picks up. "Hello, NLF-009." The color drains from her face. "Codes please." She pushes an orange button. An alarm goes off. The people in the room unfreeze almost immediately. They man their posts. The 7 numbers are read out loud: "8...9....2...0....0....0....1". A real launch code. Emperor Tristar Majestica, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada had just ordered a nuclear strike on its number one ally. Secondary alarms went off... "NUCLEAR LAUNCH ACTIVE" went the intercom. Keys confirming the target, and confirming the launch itself were turned. Final launch parameters were confirmed. Previously blank screens were now on, displaying vital missile information. Radios previously silent were now buzzing with activity, with mandatory evacuations of the launch chamber. In less than 30 seconds, the previously quiet facility was buzzing with activity. The missile was moments away from being on its way. 

65 meters up, the doors of the missile silo began to open up. Red lights that surrounded the doors were lit. A helicopter, armed, was hovering low to the ground, 300 meters away. "Launch active... t-minus 5, 4, 3 , 2 ,1, missile active" The facility shook like nothing before, a mug fell off a desk, a photo frame off a shelf. From the helicopter, a missile, rose up gracefully from inside the ground. Then, an almighty roar, and light more blinding than the sun's, as the missile engaged its post-clearance boosters. The missile rose faster and faster, before it was a mere speck in the sky. 

In the hours that followed, havoc would reign in the capital city of the country Hungadada saw as its number one international ally. The city was flattened. Proud skyscrapers were now piles of glass and steel. 

---

Imperial Palace, 

The Emperor woke up with a start. Gasping for air. He had just gone to bed after making the toughest decision of his life. It was sure to affect many thousands of people. He hadn't slept in 3 days. Damn political coups would not find a foothold as long as the Emperor was around. As soon as he had finished his decision making, culminating in what could turn out to be a national, if not international scandal, he had hit the bed. As soon as he had fallen asleep, he had woken up. Gasping, he struggled to breath. In the darkness, he struggled to make out his surroundings. He took a deep breath. "The palace. I'm in the palace". He sat up, swung his legs over the bed, put on his slippers, and walked to the door. He paused for a second, and turned back, to the nightstand, and took a sip of water. He put the glass down. The Emperor closed his eyes. He took another deep breath. Had it been a dream? Honestly, he wasn't sure anymore. 

TO BE CONTINUED (please do not post in this thread)

Edited by Emperor Tristar Majestica
  • Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

CONTINUATION, PART I...

Imperial Palace,

The Emperor, opening his eyes, took a seat on the bed. He began a breathing exercise he had learned at a yoga course a few weeks ago. He took in some deep breathes. Closing his eyes, he could envision his childhood days, when he was free to roam the grounds of the palace. The sun would shine bright, and Tristar would have not a care in the world. He sighed. Those were the good days and... *knock, knock, knock*. His thoughts were rudely interrupted by a loud knock at the bedroom door. 

20 minutes ago, Ion Oil Deep-sea Drilling Rig "Mink Whale North", North Sea... off the coast of Scottish Hungadada,

"Lets start the late-night shift. Can we get some radio going?" *loud radio music starts playing, to cheers from the 100 or so crewmen on the rig*. Over the intercom, Dan, the rig operations manager said: "Listen up everyone, the weather reports high winds and some higher than normal waves. Keep your beacons on, lights on, and know where you are, and what you're doing." A response from the shift manager came in: "Yes, roger that". Apart from the higher than normal waves, and some high winds, all was normal aboard the "Mink Whale North". The crew was experienced, and their superiors competent. Unlike some of their fellow deep-sea oil drilling rigs, nothing had gone wrong here in the 3 years of operation so far. 

It was eerily quiet in the systems control room. The drone of the drill could be heard faintly in the distance. It puttered. It stopped. A red light flashed on the control panel. Dan was right on it. "Drill has stopped, probably stuck. Preparing a restart. 10 seconds". Buttons were pressed, and a knob was turned. A generator kicked in to provide power for the restart. Unbeknownst to the crew, the drill had actually ruptured, allowing oil traveling up the pipes to leak into parts of the actual drill. In a split second, a spark, created by the restart travelled down the drill. There was silence. "It should have started b..." And then there was an almighty roar. An explosion. A fireball. An oil spill. 

Imperial Palace,

The Emperor walked over to the door. Opening it, he squinted, eyes adjusting to the bright lights of the hallway. Standing at the door was Franklin, his Leader of the Cabinet. He too, looked worn out, undoubtedly by the lack of sleep and the stress of the job. "Your Majesty, I'm here to inform you of an explosion that has just occurred on an oil drilling rig near Scottish Hungadada. The Coast Guard have confirmed several are dead, and there is an oil spill happening. I'd say we get on it right away."

The Emperor nodded. "Thank you Frank. I'll just get changed, and I'll be in the office. You go get some coffee for yourself." 

5 minutes later, Office of the Emperor, Imperial Palace,

"So, fill me in". "Sir, at around 3:20 this morning, the Coast Guard received a distress warning from the deep-sea drilling rig "Mink Whale North" run by Ion Oil. About 2 minutes earlier, they had seen a gigantic fireball erupt from the ocean. We suspect that there has been some sort of accident at the rig. The Coast Guard is now on the scene. The entire Scottish force is there." finished some intern from CEI. The Emperor nodded: "What's your name?" "Julia, Julia Buiol." replied the intern. She glanced nervously at the Emperor. She was after all, an intern. "Do we know of casualties?" asked the Emperor. Franklin replied: "Several are dead, their bodies were found floating in the water. But we're not at all sure how many. We also have oil spilling at a huge, but unknown rate into the North Sea." Franklin took a sip from his cup of coffee. He handed the Emperor a tablet, with a full briefing of the situation on the screen. 

A silence filled the room. The 6 people in the room were all looking at the Emperor, waiting for some sort of direction. The Emperor looked up from his briefing,  after some deep moments of thought. "Listen up.  I want the navy on this right now. The Scottish Coast Guard do not have anywhere near the resources to cope with this. I'm declaring an emergency for the Scottish Hungadadian region. I want all our regional forces deployed. This is something I do not want spreading. Is that clear? Oh, and get the navy to set up a cordon around the area. No traffic can sail through there. 

The group of people rushed out, with their orders. The Emperor sat at his desk. He was too tired to yawn. Clearly, the universe did not want him sleeping. A phone rang at his desk. 

TO BE CONTINUED (please do not post in this thread)

• Upvote 2

CONTINUATION, PART II...

"Your Majesty, I have the Governor of the Scottish Provinces on the line." The Emperor rolled his eyes. The Governor of Scottish Hungadada could be a very difficult man to deal with. "Alright, put him through.". There was a holding tone, and then a voice, in the typical Scottish accent. "Your Majesty, I'm sure you've heard about the explosion on my coast. I want to know what the bloody hell you're doing about it." The Emperor sighed. He was used to this. "Well Governor, I understand the Coast Guard is already on the scene. I've also ordered the deployment of the navy to help the coast Guard and...." He was interrupted by the Governor: "Yeah yeah, but what are you going to do about. I did warn you about this, Your Highness". The Governor's voice was positively dripping in sarcasm. The Emperor sighed: "Listen to me Aonghus. You are going to declare a natural state-of-emergency, and send resources over to the affected area." The reply the Emperor got was taunting: "Well, Your Majesty, I don't take orders from you. I'll do what I see fit, and the first thing will be..." The Emperor cut him off right there. His patience had run out: "Governor Aonghus Argyle. You will take orders from me, and me only. Now shut up, and get back to doing your job; which you are not doing well at all. I need not remind you that you will lose your pitiful re-election campaign if I choose to release the data from your term in office. Don't make me release it." With that he slammed the phone down...

MORNING... THE MEDIA BREAKS THE STORY OF THE SPILL...

"...Governor Argyle of the Scottish Hungadada has also declared a natural state of emergency and in a statement says that his government is doing everything it can to help local authorities cope with a disaster of this magnitude. A statement released by the Office of the Emperor says that Emperor Tristar will be visiting the affected area, as well as the affected families in the coming days."

A FEW DAYS LATER...

As it turned out, the disaster situation had been kept well under control, which meant the Emperor could finally catch up on his days of lost sleep. He had also made a visit to the Scottish provinces, and given a speech of hope to those who had been lost in the explosion. Rather than becoming a national embarrassment, the inner cogs of the Government had turned, and a more than adequate response had been provided. The oil well had been capped, the oil spill contained. The clean-up was now underway. 

Franklin walked through the door as the Emperor was seated at his desk. "Your Majesty, I have just gone through some of the messages of the last few days. It appears that in the initial chaos of our events, the invitation sent by Britannia to attend their World Leaders Ball went unnoticed. Would you like to attend?" The Emperor looked up: "Do I have anything on my schedule during the duration of this ball?", to which the reply was no. "Alright then, I shall attend. I'll message Lelouch personally. Thank you Franklin". He walked out of the office, leaving the Emperor to be. The Emperor read over his schedule for the day. It would be a day heavy with meetings, mainly with some CEO or the other. As he walked out of his office, and out into Fountain Square, he noticed a suspicious cardboard box just sitting in the path. He looked around, and saw a guard. Motioning for the guard to come over, he began to walk around the box. "Your Majesty, Guard Handsmith" began the guard. "Handsmith, do you know what that is?", asked the Emperor, as he nodded toward the cardboard box. "No, Your Majesty", replied Handsmith. "Is it not your job to know what is in this palace?" asked the Emperor. "Yes, Your Majesty. My apologies, sir. I shall call it in imme..." he was cut off mid-sentence. The box exploded. 

TO BE CONTINUED... (please do not post in this thread)

Added a new sentence
  • Upvote 1

CONTINUATION PART III...

All he could see was white. All he could hear was the high pitched tinnitus in his ears. He blinked, but his face was relaxed. There was no reaction. He blinked. He saw the face of a guard. Shock. Anger. Fear. And then there was black. 

The explosion had knocked the Emperor back at least 15-20 meters. His injuries were beyond severe: destroyed eardrums, inter cranial bleeding, fourth degree burns, lots of bleeding, and of course severe internal bleeding and a ruptured lung. The Emperor had a concussion too. As soon as they had heard the explosion, at least 40 guards came running out of the palace building. They were in shock, but the shock only became more apparent when they realised who the victim of the explosion had been: Emperor Tristar Majestica. One guard shook the Emperor..."Your Majesty!", while another yelled into his radio: "CODE PURPLE, CODE PURPLE, HOTEL SIERRA, HOTEL SIERRA, MED-EVAC STAT!". At almost the exact moment that message went out, the screams of sirens and the flashes of lights could be heard and seen from across Port Royalty. In a short few minutes, police, security and the emergency services would swamp the Palace. Heavily-armed guards would close all the gates. The palace would be evacuated of tourists. 

A team of doctors, all with portable medical equipment stormed out of the palace. They checked the vitals of the Emperor. Connecting him to monitors, and carefully placing him on a stretcher, they had a quick talk amongst themselves: "Convoy or air ambu?" asked one, "Convoy would take too long, its rush hour!" The doctors nodded in agreement, yelling in unison to the guard: "Get the heli, NOW! Let Olympus know we're 8 minutes out!". The Emperor coded. Thrown into action, defibrillators were brought out, the Emperor lain down straight as a board. "Charge to 100". "CLEAR!". The sickening sound of the shock. There was no change. Alarms were beeping, the heart monitor was flat. "Charge to 250"... "CLEAR!". The sickening sound of the shock. There was no change. The doctor holding the paddles waited for a moment. The lines picked up. They sighed. "Stable, for now".  

A helicopter took off from the other side of the palace. In 15 seconds it was on the ground in Fountain Square. The Emperor was loaded into the helicopter. 3 doctors climbed on board, next destination, the trauma centre of Port Royalty Lionsgate Olympus Hospital. As the helicopter rose into the air, the pilots could see the sea of emergency vehicles assembled outside the walls of the palace. The ride to the hospital was bumpy. The Emperor went into cardiac arrest 4 times. Then the discovery of a new injury: "Holy crap, Hans! He's got severe brain swelling!" "How bad?" "It's bad. Oh for gods sake! His ICP is through the roof. Bag him, and give him 10 of mannitol, NOW! The arrival itself was fairly smooth. The Emperor was given to the capable trauma surgeons of PRLOH. All the staff at the palace could do now was wait. 

---

HNS BREAKING NEWS...

"We are cutting into our regular programming to bring you some breaking news. An explosion has rocked the Imperial Palace. We are not sure of the number of people who were casualties of this explosion. Our Palace Press correspondent is down on the ground. Patrick, what can you tell us?"

"Yes, well, myself and my fellow colleagues from the Palace Press Corps, were just about to enter the palace grounds when we heard this earth shattering explosion. It was an explosion of epic proportions, at least from what I felt. I could hear yelling, and almost immediately, we saw the guards closing gates. The press pack was told to scatter, and evacuate the area. What we do know is that there is a massive law enforcement and security response. I'm seeing maybe 40, 50 police cars, and it has only been about 15 or 20 minutes since the initial explosion. We did also see a helicopter fly over the palace. Obviously not sure what that was all about. A very chaotic situation nonetheless, with police telling people to evacuate the area. Back to you."

10 MINUTES LATER

"The events that have taken place at the palace today have just turned horrifyingly dark. A source from the Palace has confirmed to HNS that the Emperor has been severely injured in the blast, and has been taken to hospital. This source tells us that the trauma surgeons there are basically operating on so-called "damage control", which means that they are not trying to save anything in the body in particular, but just trying to save the life of the Emperor. Patrick is down on the ground, what can you tell us?"

"Yes, well, I've spoken with some police here and...". Patrick screams, and on the camera, he is seen ducking, pulling the camera down with him. Faint screams can be heard, as the feed goes black. 

TO BE CONTINUED.... (please do not post in this thread)

• Upvote 1

CONTINUATION PART IV...

"Call the blood bank, tell them we need as much O neg as possible!" "Take him to Trauma 1. The teams are prepped and ready!" "Let's go, let's go!" "Freaking hurry up, his ICP is unstable...give him 5 of mannitol, we're maxed!"

The Emperor was rushed, of course, immediately into the operating room. His condition had been explained by the doctors aboard the helicopter, and the capable trauma surgeons at PRLOH were ready to begin their salvation. It was an organized chaos: "Where the hell is his leg?!" "They said that it hasn't been found yet." "Well, he's bleeding pretty badly, do I close it?" "Wait 5. Pack it for now!" "Guys, internal bleeding right lower quadrant, left lower, and right higher! He's got a collapsed lung. "Chest tube, please." 

The Chief of Surgery walked into the operating room: "Alright, how is he?" "Well, sir not good. Take a look". The Chief took glances at all the injuries: collapsed lung, missing left leg, severe internal bleeding, burns... "How's his head?" "Not good, his ICP is high and climbing. I need to do a craniectomy soon." The Chief paused. The gears in his brain were whirring. "Pack him, and start an emergency craniectomy. NOW!" The surgeons looked at him, then burst into action. Carts were rolled away, new tools were brought out. Lights were turned brighter. Drills and other advanced medical equipment were brought out. "Let's go people!" Slowly, but surely, as the skull plate was pulled away, the brain of the Emperor grew a little. ICP monitors showed a drop in the pressure, and for now, the Emperor was safe. "Put a large casing around that. Close the leg, pack him completely and take him to the UICU, NOW!" yelled the Chief. He too gowned and gloved pitched in. "Sir, I would recommend putting his Majesty in a medically-induced coma." The room froze. "Freeze for a moment and think carefully about what you are about to declare." The eyes of the entire room turned to the neurosurgeon. There was a silence, interrupted only by the beeps and whirring of machines. "Yes sir, I believe that this is the best option to prevent the brain from swelling further, which could cause catastrophic brain damage." There was silence once again. "Alright, do it". Anaesthetics were dripped into the Emperor's body. Slowly, the EEG began to show that very pattern that was seen in comatose patients. "Alright, are we done here?" There was a joint "yes", and almost immediately, the transport began. 

The Emperor, surrounded by doctors, nurses, and machines, was rushed to a special branch of the ICU, known as the Ultra-Intensive Care Unit (UICU). The UICU was designed for only the worst-of-the-worst cases, where the most serious cases possible were taken, to be monitored by staff in the room 24/7. The Emperor was hooked up to a ventilator, and wires attached to his body to monitor him. 

---

Imperial Palace, Gate 8 (PRESS)

Gunshots. That was what Patrick heard. He could have sworn that one flew right over his head. Instinctively, he had screamed and ducked, pulling the cameraman with him. They lay there, on the pavement, in the cold air, breathing heavily. "Bang, bang, bang" More gunshots. What the hell was happening? Sirens, lots of them. Shouting. "EVERYBODY GET INSIDE, NOW!!!! A man pulled up Patrick. A police officer, with blood on him: "Get inside now, Patrick. Get inside now!" It was Patrick's close friend, Officer Evan McFarlane. They had gone to school together, gone to university together, and been best men at each other's weddings. "Patrick..." Evan collapsed.

Patrick screamed: "HELP!" Some fellow officers came running over, and on witnessing the situation called desperately on their radios for an ambulance. Evan was bleeding profusely from a neck wound. Patrick bent down and applied pressure, as the sound of the ambulance got closer. Patrick was talking to Evan: "Hey Ev, stay with me, stay with me. It's okay, you're going to be okay." In staggered breaths, Evan opened his eyes and spoke up: "Pat, you've been great. You have to be strong. I'm going. Tell Charlotte I love her." He coughed. Patrick was crying: "Evan, goddamit, no! You're staying with me. Do you understand, you're staying with me!" Evan took one more staggered breath. His chest stopped moving, his muscles relaxed. His pulse weakened. "Ev, Ev..." began Patrick. "Ev, GODAMMIT! EV!! EVAN!!! WAKE UP, EV!!! GODDAMIT EV!" Patrick was sobbing. Paramedics came running up, they too covered in blood. The officers looked tearfully up at the paramedics. The message was clear: Evan MacFarlane was no more. 

---

TO BE CONTINUED (please do not post in this thread)...

Added paragraph
  • Upvote 1

CONTINUATION PART V...

The machines, when silent were oddly soothing, something peaceful. The machines that were keeping the head of state, head of government, an adored leader of Hungadada alive were peaceful, at last. How was that even possible? Who knew? He had been taken, in the middle of the night. Machines had gone crazy his stretcher returned to flat, and he was rushed out. Gone: the operating room.And the machines were silent.

HNS BREAKING NEWS:

We have continuing coverage of the situation that is unfolding in Port Royalty. If you are just joining us, an explosion inside the grounds of the Imperial Palace has caused a massive police and security response. A further security threat was neutralized according to sources from outside the palace after gunfire was reported on Hunter Promenade, on the east-side of the Palace. There has not been an official statement released by the government as of yet. The Emperor was caught up in the explosion. There has been no word as to the whereabouts of His Majesty, or his condition. 

We are also receiving continuing reports of the situation unfolding in Germany after a truck rammed crowds of people gathered at the Hungadadian Embassy in Berlin. A secondary explosion has rocked the capital and killed at least 5 armed police officers. A manhunt is now on for at least 2 suspects...." *listens to earpiece* "Alright, local authorities in Berlin have confirmed that 2 suspects were killed by counter-terrorism forces after a gun battle on a Berlin highway. German authorities say that they are continuing to monitor the situation. 

Our correspondent...

---

Emergency Meeting, "Death of the Emperor":

"So everyone, we've got a crisis on our hands. There's been an explosion inside the palace. A gunfight outside. A terrorist attack in Berlin. We've got no leader...Daniel is out of the country, King Edward is ill, the Emperor might as well be... what... dead? Our comms has gone dark..." There was an uneasy silence. "CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME GODDAMN INFORMATION?!" roared Franklin, specks of spit flying from his mouth. He was never this angry. Franklin had the temperament of a nun usually. The Cabinet members in the room were shocked. "Frank, there's literally no information. The hospital is on lockdown, so nothing's getting in or out. The Emperor's probably dead, they just haven't got around to telling us the cause yet." Franklin glared at Sir Aaron Bach, Director of the DSDH. Franklin had the distinction of being the most senior government official in the room. The line of government was going to fall to him, and Franklin knew it. Outside, he had to show that, for the time being, he could guide the country through its most difficult period, but on the inside, he was melting. "Have we released any official statements?" There were headshakes of no. "Uhhh... Franklin..." began Aaron. "Frank, you're now the head of government and the head of state." Frank looked at him and then nodded solemnly. 

"I want to do a televised address to the people. They deserve to know what the hell is going on. Get a camera set up in the garden. Notify the press. We're not letting them in, but we'll give them the link to the broadcast. Let's go." Emperor Franklin Green adjusted his tie. He had to get his country back in order. 

OFFICIAL BROADCAST:

"People of Hungadada, my name is Franklin Green. I am the Cabinet Leader and Palace Envoy. I won't sugarcoat it. We're going through difficult, and unprecedented times. Today, I can confirm that there has been an explosion inside the grounds of the Imperial Palace. The Emperor was caught up in this blast. In light of enhanced security measures, we are still in the dark about the exact condition of His Majesty, although we know that he is unable to discharge his duties as the leader of his country. As such, in following the established protocol in these situations, I am now in charge of this Hungadada, until the true Emperor is able. I can confirm that the authorities are taking immediate steps to ensure the security of the public as well as the security of this country. 

Hungadada, I ask that you direct your prayers, your thoughts, and your spirit to the people of Germany, and to the people of Berlin. They have suffered through a lot today. I hope you'll join me in condemning such barbaric acts of violence against people. Monitor local media for the latest updates, and the Ministry of the Interior website for official information. We must be strong, Hungadada. We must be resilient. Let us look forward into the light, not back into the dark."

TO BE CONTINUED... (please do not post in this thread)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

CONTINUATION PART VI...

Many moons ago...
He was back in his room, being monitored. 34 hours of surgery, 3 different operating rooms, 27 different surgeons. That was the extent to which medicine had gone to fix him. And now, the surgeons could rest at last, because, for the time being, he was stable, safe, warm. Breathing, heart beating. Yes, he was alive. Critical, but alive. 

---

"So, for god's sake, do we have any new information?" asked Franklin, a hint of annoyance in his voice. The advisors he had assembled in the room shook their heads. "Frank...", Aaron was cut short by a phone ringing. It was the red phone. Frank picked it up: "Frank here", he paused. "Uh huh, yes, alright... oh thank goodness." He put the phone back down. His advisors were looking at him: "He's alive". The pressured, heavy faces of the 16 or so people in the room lit up for the first time in days. There were some tears, and Frank was not ashamed to say he almost broke down. He was alive, that was what mattered most. 

--

HIS-DSDH Incident Command Center, HIS HQ

"Let's start off with what we know. At around 10:30 AM, an explosive device went off within the walls of the Imperial Palace. The explosion took place in Fountain Square, a secure enclave within the private quarters. The Emperor, who was caught up in the explosion, was transported to the hospital, where he remains. Now, our CCTV from that day did not pick up anyone or anything in Fountain Square in the 30 or so minutes before the package appeared." Dylan Van, HIS Director finished his short introduction.  

Franklin spoke up: "Dylan, at 10:00 AM, the CCTV network went offline as part of a planned procedure to update the software system". Dylan nodded: "Yes, the CCTV did not pick up anything between 10:00 AM, and 10:30 AM, because it was turned off. The package would have had to have been placed in between those times. HIS has taken the liberty of investigating witnesses, the IPG, at the scene. We have one primary suspect regarding who placed the package. He works for the IPG. His name is Harold Pelican Handsmith." The room froze. Was that not the guard who had been killed by the explosion? "I know what you're thinking, but we've established that it most likely was Handsmith due to messages we found in his belongings. He uses typical AHM codewords to convey that he placed the package. We're not sure how he was able to come into contact with the materials used for the explosion. That is still part of the ongoing investigation." A pager went off. "Emperor, I will send a more detailed briefing within the hour. I have an...incident to attend to in the meanwhile". Dylan paused, picked up his briefcase, and walked out. 

--

THE PRESENT DAY, Port Royalty Lionsgate Olympus Hospital

A motorcade carrying the Interim-Emperor, and other government officials arrived at the main entrance of PRLOH. The IPG was swarming the hospital and certainly most of the outside too. As per usual, the press pack was also present. There was a small podium, with a mic. Franklin walked up to it. "Good morning everyone. I'm happy to say that after weeks of recovery and intensive surgery, His Majesty Emperor Tristar Majestica is alive." There was a pause. "On behalf of the entire country, I would like to thank the doctors and nurses who worked tirelessly, and under immense pressure to keep His Majesty alive. The people in this hospital do a truly important job. Thank you". The Emperor, leading a pack of officials walked into the lobby, up some stairs, and into the ICU. Lying on a stretcher, surrounded by various machines, was Emperor Tristar Majestica. Bandaged, sleeping. He was at peace for the time being. Franklin opened the door and walked in. 

1 day ago, Imperial Palace, Port Royalty

"I'm happy to say, we have some new evidence. New evidence that suggests a higher level dealing between the AHM-FRA group and how Cobra and that package got here," said Dylan. "The Governor of Scotland, currently on vacation in the Highlands, is about 10 minutes from being arrested. Our intelligence gathering has come across some unsavory aspects to his finances and his anonymous contacts. As it turns out, the AHM, who merged with the FRA, shipped, or should I say, flew, Cobra and other chemicals across from Laurentia over to Scottish Hungadada on the day of the oil spill."

Franklin, clearly taken aback asked: "Scottish airspace was closed during that time, Dylan. How did the plane get in?" "Well," Dylan replied "Scottish Hungadadian governors tend to have tactics. He paid §250,000 to one of the air force directors to allow the plane to land. Of course, it did, and through his official means, Argyle was able to transport the Cobra to a local group of AHM sympathizers here in Port Royalty, Handsmith one of them." Franklin just stared. "Go no further. I want all our government resources on this. Murder, bribery, treason. Dear god. What next?" he said. 

THE PRESENT DAY, Port Royalty Lionsgate Olympus Hospital

Franklin, walked, almost tiptoeing to the side of the Emperor's bed. He looked at the peaceful face of the Emperor. The machines were whirring, while others were beeping. The drip of the IV, the ticking of the clock. The Emperor opened his eyes. "My god..." he whispered. 

• Upvote 1