Return of the Fallen

Ikhan

Kal'kad

Saarai sat in his throne situated far above the planet's surface, watching the fleet prepare to leave the system. However, suddenly, he lost his sight as he saw a vision. For a moment, he thought he had gone insane, but what he saw before himself was too real to be impossible. He saw a temple on a jungle world, a dark presence, the armies of two empires together, and a dark lord. The vision then changed to a ship of ancient design being dwarfed by another, which opened fire, before being destroyed itself by a large beam of energy. It was here where the vision ended. Upon regaining his sight, the silence in the throne room was disturbed by an officer.

"My lord! We need you immediately at high command!" the officer said.

"What is it?" Saarai asked.

"Follow, my lord. I can't explain." the officer said.

"Very well, I will follow." Saarai said. The officer headed straight to high command after a short ride on an elevator. Inside, several officers were surrounding a table, over which a hologram of a medical frigate was displayed. Upon approaching, the message was played.

"This is Medical Frigate Daybreak, we are under attack by... some kind of super-capital ship... It's opening fire! We need support, now!" the message said.

"Prepare my shuttle, and have the crew of the Eclipse ready to be deployed in ten minutes." Saarai ordered.

"Yes sir." an officer said before walking out of the room. Some time later, the shuttle was ready and Saarai boarded. The shuttle took off and arrived at the Eclipse before the ship jumped to the system where the frigate was located. When they arrived, they found only debris of the ship, at least, until another ship dropped out of hyperspace.

"It... It can't be..." an officer said.

"It is real, lieutenant." Saarai said. "They have returned." he added.

"Prepare to open fire!" another officer said.

"We are being hailed, my lord." the communications officer said.

"Alright, open communications." Saarai said before walking to a table at the back of the room, where a hologram was active.

"Emperor.... Taral was it?" the creature in the hologram said. 

"Yes, I am Emperor Taral of the Akaata. Who might you be to dare attack an unarmed medical frigate?" Saarai said.

"I... am Nwit, Emperor of who you call the Aru'em, but we call the Kyr. I am here to inform you that we are at war, not for our survival, but for the destruction of the Akaa-" the creature said before being raised off of the floor of his flagship, his throat being crushed.

"Who are you to dare threaten a Dark Lord of the Sith?" Saarai said, his eyes turning as black as the void of space. "Your Empire... is forfeit." he added, his voice loosing all signs of emotion. "Now you will all be consumed by Eternity!" he said as he ripped the ship apart with the force, killing all aboard, including Emperor Nwit.

"My lord, several planets are reporting attacks by large ships and creatures matching in definition to these Kyr." an officer said.

"Prepare the ship for hyperspace." Saarai said before the ship entered hyperspace.

Edited by Darth Saarai
  • Upvote 1