Rumors of the return

Ikhan

Rumors of the return

A planet abandoned, a nation consolidating power, an Emperor shrouded in darkness, a people prepared for war... What had once been Chernigov is now something... different. Darkness had corrupted the nation beyond recognition, as it had the Emperor. Like all things, darkness had taken root in it. Citizens of many worlds not yet under the control of the nation, now often referred to as simply the "Infinite Empire", live in fear of the Emperor's wrath. In ancient days, the empire was one that believed peace was the only way to true success, however, violence is a part of our nature, something which was an integral part of Akaatan society. However, where there is darkness, there is also light, and where there is light, there is, of course, darkness. It was something accepted in the nation, as much as it had been hidden in years past. Only under the current leadership had both light and dark been allowed to thrive, which led to unforeseen consequences. The emperor, formerly known as Alexei Lysenko, had fallen into darkness and become immortal, at the expense of his humanity. He was now something else- A force entity. It is now nearly a year since Orbis III was abandoned, and ships not seen by the natives arrived in the system…

The Aay’han, PW-1 universe

The ship was silent as it had been since Orbis III had been abandoned, something which the crew had enjoyed greatly. Even the bridge was strangely quiet… That is, until a heat signature appeared on one of the screens. The officer in charge of tracking and communication noticed it and called the commander, Admiral Kal Ordo, over.

“Sir, several heat signatures have appeared in the Orbis system. They are definitely not our ships, sir.†the officer said.

“Hmm… Are you sure?†Admiral Ordo asked.

“Yes, sir. They look to be… nothing like what we have built, yet somehow similar…†the officer reported.

“Then it is them… Our ancient enemy shows it’s face after many eons… The Aru’em.†Ordo replied before walking to the center of the bridge. “I want a direct link to the rest of the fleet immediately.†he ordered. Suddenly, a group of holograms appeared before him.

“What is it?†one of the captains asked.

“Probably nothing.†Another replied.

“I wish it was nothing, men, however, we have a situation. About ten minutes ago, our sensors detected a heat signature unlike any we have seen previously. Given that it looks familiar, but is not our own, we can only assume the worst- The Aru’em have returned. It is likely that they are going to attempt to destroy the population of the planet, or at least, enslave it.†Ordo said with concern.

“Then we need to stop them.†one of the captains said.

“But if they have developed inter-universal travel, we will need a larger fleet!†another officer said.

“Your orders are simple. Destroy the enemy fleet and reestablish our presence on Orbis.†a voice said as another hologram appeared.

“Under whose orders?†one of the captains asked sarcasticly.

“The Emperor’s, fool. That you were given this post is a shame to the empire.†the voice said. It was Grand Moff Vaiken.

“But sir! We do not have enough forces to take the fleet on!†Admiral Ordo said.

“That is where you are wrong, Ordo.†Vaiken replied. “I am already approaching your postion. When I arrive, you are to perform a synchronized jump into the system, understood?†he added.

“Yes sir.†Admiral Ordo replied. With Vaiken’s arrival, the fleets jumped to the Orbis system, where it was found that the ships were indeed of Aru’em make, and they were preparing to attack Orbis III.

“All hands to battlestations! I repeat, all hands to battlestations!†Grand Moff Vaiken ordered as the ships approached the planet. Suddenly, the fleets opened fire upon the enemy, who quickly turned around to attack.

“Here they come!†one of the captains said as enemy fighters approached the ships.

“Launch all fighters!†another captain ordered.

“No! Don’t launch them! We have a weapon we will be testing!†Admiral Ordo replied. “Prepare the Silencer!†he ordered.

“Yes sir!†an officer said. For a minutes, the ship directed all power not going to life support into the weapon as the enemy fighters attacked one of the ships.

“I hope you have a plan!†said one of the officers. “Our hull can’t take many more hits!†he added.

“I’m working on it! The weapon is nearly ready!†Ordo said. However, it was too late for the captain, whose ship had burst into flames.

“Save the natives! Avenge us! Kote! Darasuum Kote! Te racin ka’ra juaan kote! (Glory! Eternal Glory! The stars pale beside our might!)†the officer yelled as a large explosion rocked the ship, killing all aboard.

“Ni Kelir gra’tuar gar.†Ordo said to himself. “Fire the silencer!†he ordered.

“Yes sir!†an officer said. Suddenly, a beam of energy left a weapon mounted on the front of the ship, destroying all of the Aru’em ships in the area.

“Parjai cuyir Mhor! (Victory is ours!)†Ordo shouted. “Now that this is finished, prepare the shuttles, and have our engineers board.†he ordered.

“Yes sir, but, if I might ask, what are you doing?†an officer asked.

“Finishing the job.†Ordo said as he looked up towards the planet.

• Upvote 1