[Organic] War, then Peace

Schwieger

OOC: OOC comments are disallowed in this thread. Please refer to the NatRP rules for clarification. If you must comment, shoot me a PM or contact me on Discord.

IC:

Alabaster Kingdom
Natynozh, System Natynozh

High Hunter Nykat nods to his aid who hands him a number of scrolls. He takes them and sets them down on the table, keeping none but one. This he opens and reads over once again - it details the overall course of events he wishes for this Communing. He had called it to bring together the various Hunters now residing within the PW-1 universe. While lacking proper House representation, borders nevertheless have been established and necessarily instead of relegating the internal PW-1 matters up to the highest of House officials (all of whom are still very busy with managing the main Nalydian holdings in the NS-1 universe), the various Hunters and High Hunters represent the current list of claims that the Alabaster Kingdom maintains within this new fledgling realm. Thus High Hunter Nykat, acting as representative of Nalydian Iceland and the Pordic North Sea Territories, has gathered a High Hunter from the Nalydian Uranian and Neptunian Territories, the representative of System Natynozh, and the Pord overseeing the Pordic Central Atlantic Principality of the Canary Islands and Cape Verde, for a grand total of four High Hunters if Nykat himself is to be included. He sets this final scroll down on the table and looks out to the other Pords now sat before him - a congregation numbering much greater than four if attendants, guards, lower Hunters, and others are to be included.

Chadengrazhni, namenzha Reknugrazhnienshyk, he calls to the gathered. I would like to thank you all for for making it out here today. As you are aware, I am High Hunter Kanyzh Nykat, overall representative of our Icelandic and North Sea territories. He stops to collect his thoughts before continuing: I have called this Communing so that we can discuss the current state of affairs within Colony Natynozh. If any of you wish to claim grieve status, do so now. Otherwise, we shall begin this meeting in the usual fashion.

For a moment there is silence. Nykat surveys the faces of the other High Hunters. Nearly in unison they shake their heads; We have no claims, one calls, likewise, another notes. Thus satisfied, Nykat continues:

Would the System Natynozh delegation advance their representative?

Tasi, a High Hunter calls. High Hunter Choryzhnova Kolytaq, speaking on behalf of the System Natynozh, a Pord calls to Nykat. She stands to bow and steps forward to divorce herself from the rest of the gathered lesser representatives of the System Natynozh.

Welcome, High Hunter Kolytaq, Nykat says returning the other Pords' bow. To start us off, I would like to discuss matters concerning the System Natynozh. He grabs the second scroll from the batch he placed earlier and opens it. There has been limited discussion as to where our capital should be located. Many lower Hunters overseeing portions of Iceland and the various islands under my domain have expressed the desire to see our unified capital built on Orbis and in Iceland.

High Hunter Kolytaq nods slowly. Her aid fetches a datapad and brings up a file of information and reads it in a hushed voice. Kolytaq nods again and takes the datapad and then turns to face High Hunter Nykat: The System Natynozh holds the largest collection of Pordkind currently in this verse, Nykat Reknugrazhni. With that said, we have not actually begun to set things up for the establishment of a capital. We can agree to building it on Orbis - the location is much better located to interact with the majority of the natives.

Perhaps though Orbis is not the best place to establish it, another interrupts. High Hunter Cholnaq nam-Talzhyn. Representative of the Uranian and Neptunian Territories.

The other High Hunters take notice of nam-Talzhyn. They turn to face him and he stands from his chair. With a single deft movement, he slides a hologram emitter to the center of the table and seconds later a hologram flickers to life. He motions to it, and their attention is now directed at the image of a chilly blue world with rocky moon; the hologram begins to focus on the moon and soon the familiar angles of traditional Nalydian architecture come into view as a city begins to fill up the viewing-space. nam-Talzhyn grins and takes the opportunity to begin once more: 

Grazhni Yamsi, he says. I am sure we all recall the Jewel incident, the Siege of Finland, the fall of FJL, the burning of France... There's no reason to put our capital on that damn world when there are so many other powers already inhabiting it. I propose Grazhni Yamsi become our capital - it is still within the Orbis System but isn't on Orbis.

This does make sense, Kolytaq agrees. This moon, it orbits - she checks her notes - Uranus?

nam-Talzhyn clarifies: Oberon, or rather the version of it native to this verse.

High Hunter Nykat makes a few notes on a datapad. I will discuss this matter with the supporters of building the capital in Iceland, he says. I do not foresee an issue. Grazhni Yamsi is a great city and is protected by the gods.

How have interactions with the natives been going, Nykat Reknugrazhni? Kolytaq questions, referring back to the original reason for supporting building the capital on Orbis. Nykat has, for all intents and purposes, been acting as liaison between the various native powers and Colony Natynozh. Most of the other Nalydian claims, still fresh from colonization, have required such intensive supervising that nam-Talzhyn, Kolytaq, and the High Hunter now presiding over the Atlantic Territories have been too busy to deal with foreign affairs. Nykat, as the first High Hunter to deal with the Orbisians, was left to represent Nalydya alone. Thus far there have been no complaints... Which can only mean that he has not been doing too terribly of a job. Regardless, Nykat cringes at the question and takes more than a moment to finally make his reply:

We are not at war yet, he says with a chuckle. We knew the level of development coming in here. There are still vast untamed swathes of the planet, he says. Have a look... He slides his own hologram emitter to the center; nam-Talzhyn reaches over and places his back in its holder. Almost the entire South American continent is inhabited by tribal savages, as well as an impressive track in Africa. Currently we are working to build a channel from the Atlantic to the Triskeli African holdings and are having to deal with the natives there. Is the Atlantic Territories representative here?

Tasi, Patkül Kalanoq Reknugrazhni, the High Hunter confirms and stands before bowing and seating himself. 

Have you been following the construction of the TransAfrican Channel? Admittedly, I have been a bit too busy to keep up with its progress these last few days.

They have made impressive progress, Kalanoq confirms. They have cleared past the Sahel Reserve and are ahead of schedule.

The world tour of the Jewel of Orbis is partially to help ease tensions, Nykat says. I'm sure we're all aware of how chaotic this realm is. He chuckles quietly to himself. The Triskel visitation is central to the tour and the channel will ensure that the Jewel has a scenic journey. Triskeli engineers and our own are currently doing the best they can to complete it before the Jewel arrives.

Kolytaq nods. She had heard mention of the Jewel of Orbis but it was terribly uneventful and mostly irrelevant information. Jewels always seem to crop up sooner or later. Apparently here they have sprouted sooner rather than later. 

Likely a good decision, she agrees. 

This channel is part of a trio of three major projects on Orbis: the completion of our cities, the creation of a new line of Jewels, and the establishment of a channel linking Lake Chad with the Atlantic Ocean. I have already cleared a Jewel for each ocean and the other projects similarly are proceeding well. I expect the Jewels to be completed before the end of this month, he says.

Kolytaq nods again. She came to PW-1 at the recommendation of High Hunter Tylaq Balnook - Tylaq had been privy to the knowledge that Nalydya would be expanding into the PW-1 verse for quite some time before it actually occurred (and some say even before Reid) and was thus familiar with all that would be required to fully see a colony through to fruition. But as an integral commander within the Yamsai'an Guard, Tylaq was (well, still is) much too busy to spend her time tending to extrauniversal pursuits... Hence why she recommended Kolytaq go in her stead. That Kolytaq now oversees the System Natynozh and the development of the Pordic holdings there was mere chance; sensors detected the worlds within the System Natynozh almost immediately after the Pordish arrival in-universe, and it was painfully obviously to all who were monitoring them that the worlds would be perfect for Nalydian habitation - they are close enough to Orbis and are blessed with a divine cold that only Jlokhemit himself could have visited upon them. A true blessing indeed, and Kolytaq leapt at the opportunity afforded her to seize them.

Natynozh is still undergoing considerable construction, Kolytaq states. We are in the process of establishing orbital yards so that we can bring in heavier equipment to aid in finishing the major cities. I'd really rather not spend too much more time on it, she continues, But we won't be able to fully begin regular day-to-day operations here until they are finished. She nods to Nykat's hologram emitter and he removes it from the table. I'm sure you have all noticed - she places her own hologram emitter in the place of Nykat's - but these locations are where we plan on finishing our yards.

High Hunter Nykat finds himself in agreement. The flight to Natynozh had been unremarkable. But upon arriving at the world the state of the constructions was made abundantly clear. The orbitals (from pole to pole) are clogged with ships shunting large slabs about and foundries that pump out huge sections of yards to be then hauled and assembled; tugs and other smaller ships move in concert with them keeping everything in line and - every now and then - rush to stop errant beams and modules from escaping the yards to plummet planetside. Maneuvering through the jungle of ships takes a steady eye and a confident hand, but it is possible to do - Nykat's mere presence in the chamber to direct the Communing is proof enough of that. Silently he thanks his ship-captain for his expertise in guiding his craft. Jlokhemit forbid if Nykat had to fly himself through the construction zone... Hunters are many things - pilots are generally not one of them. 

His thoughts are interrupted by the hologram emitter as it lights up and the plans for the completed constructs come to life; they are of standard Nalydian design and resemble the shipyards around Grazhni Yamsai. Gargantuan shipberths bespeckle the huge sections that make up the primary ring and smaller gravitic quays dot the fabric around them. There is more than enough room for even the largest of Nalydian capital ships here, and Nykat estimates that the biggest docks are more than a few thousand kilometers in length and fully capable of closing themselves off from the hostile void... Or preying eyes. Once they are complete they will serve as the primary shipyards for the Colonial VRZ and truthfully will have few real rivals within the Nalydian Empire; most of Nalydya's shipbuilding capability is spread out between a good deal of systems as per defensive doctrine; generally such heavy installations draw much more attention than smaller creations (or even the lesser Schalchnu type mobile shipyards) and tend to find themselves under heavy blockade and interdiction as a result... The success and usefulness of the Argan System only serves to solidify this viewpoint.

Nykat nods. Very well, he says. Those yards will be useful, especially for Admiral nam-Kalzhak's warships.

They are making do right now without the berths, Kolytaq mentions. He did say as much to me though.

Nykat nods once again. What are the statuses of the Neptunian and Uranian projects? He turns to High Hunter nam-Talzhyn.

The primary gates have been completed and we are linked with NS-1. We have direct access to a system a few light-years away from Talos in the Milky Way. You have seen the state of our cities - the level of completion at Grazhni Yamsi is about typical for most of our settlements so far.

Another nod. Very well. High Hunter Kalanoq, do you have anything else to add about projects in the Atlantic Territories?

The other Hunter chews his lip before answering. Nothing at the moment - we are making progress both on the channel and on the islands with city construction. We have avoided complication and bad weather so far by the grace of Rekazhnar.

Very well. Is there anything else that anyone here wishes to add or request?

The other Hunters in the room are mostly silent, but a few shake their heads in disagreement while one or two do audibly say that they are without request. 

Nykat motions to the scribe: I believe we are mostly done here, then. Have you gotten everything?

The scribe nods and hands Nykat his transcripts; Nykat reviews them quickly and then hands them back.

This is legible, he grins. Copy this scroll and have them distributed standardly, he says. For the time being I do believe if we have nothing more to discuss then this Communing is adjourned. High Hunters, as always it is a pleasure speaking with you; High Hunter Kolytaq, I do appreciate you hosting this Communing for us here on Natynozh.

High Hunter Kolytaq bows. nam-Knachen, Nykat Reknugrazhni, she replies.

The other High Hunters bow and begin to file out of the chamber.  

Edited by Schwieger
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."