Under Fire

Amaryllis

Crystalism is Wintery's biggest religion with half of the kingdom following, including the royal family. The faith, however, has not been without problems from one of its temple being burned in Orion to the hit it taken when the church had disapproved of the empress' divorce. Today, however, it faces it's biggest problem when an email sent by Elias Lison, a popular speaker of one of Omni's smaller Crystalist Temple sent an email to not only his parishoners but also the royal family itself.

"I can't be silent anymore, may the great goddess withold her fangs from me as I confess to my crimes. I and several others have allowed the place our followers use to worship to become a den for evil plotting and only for financial gain. No excuse is good enough except only to help our own egos as we tried to compete with the bigger temples. But what point would it be for our temples to grow if those who are faithful to our goddess gets hurt. This is why I send this to you all. Those who come to us for spiritual guidance don't deserve to be lead by hands that are soiled and while our faith is angry with the royal family, they must know.

"Below are names of heads of temples who have accepted money in exchange for letting them come late nights for meetings. We knew this was shady but we said yes but last night I have seen how truly dark this was.

"May the goddess forgive and so do you who have trusted me. I do plan to turn myself over as this goes out and I will cooperate."

As promised Elias had shown up at the closet Seeker Prencint and had since then been in custody and being questioned. Updates will be provided.

(OOC: again on phone so not my best work)

Nerd To The Core

The round up of the names on the list have finished. Meanwhile, Elias Lison has given a statement.

He said he was approached by several men and offered a monthly payment to use the temple's basement for business meetings. Despite, as said in his email, he said the money was going to be used to help the smaller temples become more appealing as many followers tend to flock to the bigger ones.

Records given showed the payments (which were always given in cash) were being used for renovations and as well to fund programs the temple had not been able to have before like daycare and housing assistance. Elias said he believed the benefits outweighed the rather dubious motives. Until he happened to hear on a plot.

Part of the deal was that the temple had to be completely empty when the meetings happened. Elias had stated that he had returned because he left his notes for his next service. He admitted his curiosity was what caused him to sneak down to the basement and hear the tail end of a conversation. He said it involved an attack on Omni Military College.

As of now, the school was evacuated and would be closed until this could be fully investigated.

As this was being spoke, the former attendants of the temples had expressed fear and outrage as some felt betrayed as others had feared this would lead to the closing of the temples.

Nerd To The Core

Security at Omni Military College had been tightened. In the meantime, the assets of the Crystalism Temples on the list given in the email has been frozen and looked through as part of the investigation.

The Pack had expressed that those accused would face bribery charges althoufh accessory could also be a possibility.

Attendants of the temples under fire express negative views on this as some come to rely on the programs the temples had given. Other temples had offered to take in the attendants and even provide services such as their daycare for a discount or even free.

"We all follow the goddess, it doesn't matter where. We shall give our fellow worshipers a home to stay until this is sorted out."

Meanwhile, Damos Tren, the spiritual advisor to the royal family had expressed disappointment in what has happened.

"May the goddess spare them from her fangs, but this has become a sad day for her. Perhaps the confession of Elias will cheer her up." He had spoken to a news crew that had hoped to get a statement from the royal family already.

As of now, the royal family wishes to withhold comment until the investigation is over.

Edited by Amaryllis

Nerd To The Core

Seveeal temple leaders that had been named in the email have all shared similar stories to Elias Lison and while some had admitted to the wrong especially now that they saw what could have happened, others had defended their actions, stating they were doing what was best for those under their spiritual guidance.

One leader, however, young Jie Te, a temple leader in Tundra and pillar to the city's Chinese community, was found dead in his holding cell. It's confirmed suicide as the a note was left next to him where he hung himself with his own shirt. As of now the guards that should have been watching him are being questioned.

Omni Military College is still closed and patrols are still strong although students have expressed agitation at not being able to go back. The Pack member in charge of investigating the threat has stated the school would most likely open soon but security would still remain high.

Nerd To The Core

In due time we hope things return to normal back within Wintery. We know that at times things can become...strained between those in power and those who serve it.

We do thank you for your support and yes that always seems to be the case.

As an update, several temple leaders had already pleaded guilty in exchange for a real of only being charged with receiving bribes and will receive a maximum of three years in prison. The ones who had stated they were only doing what was best had stated they would take their chances in court, stating the goddess' mercy would prevail. For them, the charges of being an accessory to a crime would also be added.

(OOC: sorry for how long this took, writer's block)

Nerd To The Core