Gas production broken?

Callum

-Resolved-

removing or adding Refineries.  doesnt effect my output of Gas.

stuck at producing 90 Gas.

My revenue page tells me i dont produce enough oil to cover the demand, and yet im producing surplus.

Deleting my oil wells until i had less than necessary to cover the conversion seems to have resolved my problem.

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

removing or adding Refineries.  doesnt effect my output of Gas.

stuck at producing 90 Gas.

My revenue page tells me i dont produce enough oil to cover the demand, and yet im producing surplus.

Do you have enough oil on hand to cover 1 turn of production?

Edited by Greatnate

It doesn't matter what resources you're producing each turn, it only matters what you already have. You have enough improvements to produce 1000 oil and 500 gas each turn, but if you only have 10 oil on hand, then you'll only be able to refine that much oil into gas. But then next turn you'll have 1000 oil and you'll produce gasoline as expected. Or if you want to produce resources this turn, you can buy the oil you need to fuel your refineries from the market.

RollSheepy.png

It doesn't matter what resources you're producing each turn, it only matters what you already have. You have enough improvements to produce 1000 oil and 500 gas each turn, but if you only have 10 oil on hand, then you'll only be able to refine that much oil into gas. But then next turn you'll have 1000 oil and you'll produce gasoline as expected. Or if you want to produce resources this turn, you can buy the oil you need to fuel your refineries from the market.

Is that how it works, because i have zero oil on hand, but had produced 36 oil, and 90 gas. each day

i removed all my oil wells and rebuilt them, and after i had deleted down below the bare minimal, it updated again and now im producing the correct amount. 

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

Is that how it works, because i have zero oil on hand, but had produced 36 oil, and 90 gas. each day

i removed all my oil wells and rebuilt them, and after i had deleted down below the bare minimal, it updated again and now im producing the correct amount. 

Raw resources don't require other resources to be produced, so your stocks don't matter for those. And if you're looking at production on a daily basis, you have to look at each individual turn. Assuming you start with zero oil, then on your first turn you'll produce X oil (oil needs no resources to be produced) and no gas (gas requires oil, which you don't have). When the next turn ends, you produce another X oil, and, because you now have oil, you produce Y gas. If you have no oil at the end of the second turn, then your gas production exceeds your oil production and these two turns will cycle. If you converted less than half of your oil to gasoline, you're running sustainably at your refinery capacity, and the second turn represents your normal production. Otherwise, if you consume most but not all of your oil, then on the third turn you will consume the remainder of your oil and produce Z gas while simultaneously producing another X oil (that won't be available to refineries until the next turn). At the end of the third turn, you have X oil and (Y+Z) gas. Production from here is a cycle of turns 2 and 3.

tl;dr Production per day is the sum of a series of turns, and turns are cycle between producing gas (because you have oil) and not (because you used all your oil the previous turn).

RollSheepy.png