Dynamic Day Start

Soxirella

Sheepy did a favourable thing for most of his players by moving the Day Start to GMT 0, but this idea takes it a step further and makes everyone super happy. Some of us play in the office, some during relaxed times in the evening and some always.

We should be able to set our own day start. I am guessing the date variable for the date start is a constant value in the code. We just need to add an extra field in the player's table for day start and use this value and not the fixed constant. This may also spread out the server processing a bit, since not everyone's day change actions are processed.

You can give us the first day change from GMT 0 for free, but charge a credit for future day changes. People may want to use "day change" change for personal reasons or strategic.

This doesn't work at all due to the fact P&W is a PvP game.. everyone needs a constant day time. if 3 nations had a start time all a hour apart. and double purchased and declared on the same nation. The nation declared on would face no interaction. and coding around stopping something like this to happen would be very complicated. and it'd add a bit too much startagey to combat and hunting down membership in different time zones. 

Actually, Double Buying is not a valid point to disagree on this idea, and I bet Sheepy would agree with me here. Double buy is an inevitable game mechanics that goes against Sheepy's intent to not be able to buy all your lost troops in one go, and double buy lets you buy twice as much as otherwise intended

In addition, just because you can buy troops after day reset doesn't mean you will, or have the means to do so. You can still double buy, but at your own convenient time. I do not understand .your example, but definitely feel there is no need to code around anything.

As it stands, due to my IRL geographical location, I cannot double buy unless I loose sleep, which I won't. People in the same location will also not adjust their times beyond reasonable.

A good alternative would be to have just two choices for day change. Either GMT 0 12 AM or GMT 0 12 PM. Depending on your location, you can choose one of two places, and there will not be too many variables in there.