When will Orbis Time Catch up to Real Time?

Ekejen Luish

I (and I believe many others) would like to see the calculations that led you to this conclusion.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just curious.

Ok... I'll show you a short explanation of what I did.

1 Orbis Day is 2 hours -> 1 RL day is 12 Orbis Days.

1 Orbis Year is 30.4 RL days.

Then I just did a bunch of counting until the dates were within 12 hours of each other.

This is very small

I come up with 24 June 2017. Here's my method.

We're looking for the intersection point between too linear functions defined by x (number of turns/in-game days starting from today) and 4941 + x/12 (number of days currently separating the in-game date from the current date + the number of turns divided by 12, since 12 turns are needed to advance a RL day; a better method would be to use the game's starting date instead, which I imagine to be 1 January 1970 and to calculate the difference between that and the actual date it was created, but I don't know the latter and am not sure about the former; the server reset might interfere with that too). I calculated 4941 using this.

Then it's just a matter of solving the equation: x = 4941 + x/12 which gives us about x = 5390 days. Run that through this, and you get my estimation for the intersection point.

Feel free to check my Math, it's entirely possible I've made a stupid mistake. Either way, it seems like it's in the ball park of early to mid 2017, assuming no server resets/crashes/time anomalies.

• Upvote 1

p15IoNT.gif