Active Trading between Nations/Alliances.

Falric6

Hey, I'm Falric or Six(my last name is actually Six) I am very interested in this game i got really into Politics and the economy after high school and this is just one of the games that looks pretty promising. I design Guild Systems for another game called WoW (sorry not sure if this is allowed or not for this  specified thread.) For one of my Guild Systems is my Economic Guild System. I 1st designed it shortly after i graduated high school. Afterwards, I learned a lot about Economics n different forms of Economic Styles. So if you ask if I am into Conservative or Liberal Economics. My answer will be both. because i believe that both can work in an economy depending where the economy is at as well as many other factors with the country, location, and the world.

My Economic Guild System is my most updated system with giving money to the people of the guild. There's many factors of where how the gold given to the people is regulated. For Example: i have a Reserve Bank. Reserve resources. how much resources would be put up in the market for the week. Additional to this allying with Cartels of the realm to Control the market for high prices having high chances for investment for everyone. But enough of this for my experience of my Guild System. This is just to explain where i'm coming from. 

I noticed that you can place embargoes on people but also have a market to trade with people. Sure this sounds nice having a general market for trade. But to me it looks a bit flawed. I propose that there should be active trading with nations or alliances. Generally both nations/Alliances will put a PERCENTAGE of their specific Resources to go to that specific Nation/alliance actively. Like when ever your nation produces a Resource that percentage will go towards that country automatically. Of course you may choose to exchange money actively for this resource as a deal for real economical trade. I suggest this rather than having the Market it's self because it's heavily based off of Bulk. Having the Market is good just in my opinion of cases where another Nation/Alliance needs aid. But i personally don't care much of having this part of the idea. This is just a basic Rough Draft for you developers to look at and choose what to fabricate. (happens a lot in my designs after implementation for testing LOL)

Embargoes are great but i think there should also be Sanctions against certain nations/Alliances. Like You can also use these sanctions for active trading but u'd obviously ask both or more Nations/Alliances for the Sanction Threat. Of course there's other bad factors with having these Sanctions like should it be for everyone in the game or just being within LoS(Line of Sight. It's Probably best to have a Certain Limit or a Certain limit over time so that it's not overused. Obviously wouldn't count if there's  a failed sanction if someone beats your nation up for their Freedom. However, I think that these Sanctions can be an economical threat against another Nation/Alliance. In my opinion this Sets a new ground for Diplomacy for not going as far as war unless need be for the Freedom of these Nations/Alliances.

I'm not a developer or anything, just a player giving feedback. To me, this just doesn't make a whole ton of sense, especially the beginning. I get what you are trying to say I think with putting a percentage towards a certain alliance, but you can do alliance trading, the automatic would make the game easier and just more lazy.

To me, an average player, I'm just confused. 

That's one other view for that automatic turn based trading with another nation. I never said that it's foolproof. Every system has a flaw. I don't consider it lazy unless there's an algorithm set to automatically change the price of the product according to the main market. Perhaps this active automatic trading can be done in a small way like not as high as the price?

You can ignore the beginning part. That's generally my resume i guess you can say it's my prior experience with designing systems in another game. I Design guild systems in WoW to try to make the game for people, to show people to have a good time by finding other aspects in the game. My Economic Guild System is my biggest and most successful project out of my other 3 Guild Systems that i designed. If you wish for me to explain my Economic Guild System. I will send you a private message to you about it. However, it is very long approximately 8,000 characters long. it's like a small book basically on a new Economic System. but it's a simple system for new members once they join.  

but personally the political side of this game can have a bit more work done. There is another game that highly on a political side where you approve and dismiss bills n stuff. After you approve of one it shows the effects and some of these effects is something that you might not have thought of especially if they mainly have negative effects of it. you get like up to 4 issues a day for you to choose from for your nation. (I think i can post other game names but not other browser games since the one i am explaining is one i don't think i am allowed to do so because it's pretty much a competitor.) But i don't suggest that kind of political side should be in here. like it's heavily based off that. In here i think you can take advantage of the political side to where you have immigrants so you make money for example.

But if this political side were to be adopted for the future. i probably suggest other advantages/disadvantages which you choose your type of government.(I know there is some generally it's small.) For example:

-Republic
Pro:
*Citizens approval of the Government/Nation increase (varying if there's issues at the time which depend on your policies)
Con:

*Changing Policies take time.

I'm pretty much making this up as i go along LOL. but i think what would also be interesting is if let's say for Policies. You have your Field of policies of let's say of 1 part like having your own Tech tree with policies that relate to another to also implement (now i am not sure if everyone gets the same policies or not upon choosing your government.) but yeah i think a Tech tree of policies sounds interesting. to me it puts a new level of government differences between other nations. Sure, yes there is a bad side of it to where if someone were to find a "META" to where this is the best way for your country to make it good. i'm sure i can find a way to beat that but i am making this up as i am going along. Balance is everything for everyone.

Yes there is pro's and cons to every idea. but also what matters if pros can be cover a new area. the Con is the part if it can exploited, how many people can see an exploit or generally what it might effect. however, with what it effects is a huge argument of how much it can affect people. either in a big or small way.