Riggity Roo Ahh Project (inspired by a suggestion about asteroid mining)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

So I saw this topic while being bored.

And so I thought; "Maybe this could actually work."

So here's the plan:

"Asteroid Mining Project is a national project that allows your nation to mine passing asteroids for various materials. It provides a 15% (or lower) boost in production of your available raw resources, excluding uranium (food is arguably not a raw resource but simply food). It requires Resource Production Center and Telecommunications Satellite to build."

COST: $22,500,000 Money

5,000 of every resource (Excluding credits and food for obvious reasons)

OPTIONAL: Requires Moon Landing to build as well (Moon Landing IS a decorative project but this could maybe give it some usage as a gateway

Telecom. Sat. replaced with Space Program thanks to Telcom's exhorbant cost.

Resource cost lowered down to 1,000-2,500 per resource.

Monetary cost reduced to $20,000,000

All criticism welcome.

I don't think this is in the right (sub-)forum, If possible, can it be moved?

Edited by Federative Woodstock
some clarifications
  • Upvote 1

Alright, first that is way too cheap - even UP costs more than that. Secondly, replacing TelCom with Space Program is a bad idea, as the purpose of TelCom was to be a benefit for whales, not for new players, hence the $500m cost of it. 

This is a good idea, but this game is not meant for space units and what not as whales would be the only ones using them, because TelCom and Space Program is too expensive for a C5 for instance, and they would have to be used only in other nations with the project, or you get more things boosting whales which is bad for the game.

Edited by Napoleon
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

I need money

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Alright, first that is way too cheap - even UP costs more than that. Secondly, replacing TelCom with Space Program is a bad idea, as the purpose of TelCom was to be a benefit for whales, not for new players, hence the $500m cost of it. 

This is a good idea, but this game is not meant for space units and what not as whales would be the only ones using them, because TelCom and Space Program is too expensive for a C5 for instance, and they would have to be used only in other nations with the project, or you get more things boosting whales which is bad for the game.

You do make a valid point with the naiveity of the idea, and it's cost, But I would believe it's important to consider things such as total cost pileup, such as the costs of preceding projects. One could also simply raise the resource and monetary costs. But your point is still good nonetheless.

I also do not intend to result in this having space units, which is why I made a flat resource production increase in rate instead.

Alternatively, we could changeup the entire context and give it a valid reason to be cheaper?

ie: swap out for Resource Concern & Engineering project that is rather cheap intitially (but still requires effort to build)

It could work in a successory manner to resource production center where it's benefits gradually reduce as your city count grows, and along with it your resource production (or at least it should).

ie.

C1 = 50% Boost (ballsy to get that much infra)

C3 = 25% Boost

C5  = 20% Boost

C7 = 15% Boost

C10 = 10% Boost

C15 = 7% Boost

C16 = 5% boost

C20 = 3% boost

C25 = 1% Boost

C30 = 0.75% Boost

C35 = 0.5% Boost

C39 = 0.1% Boost

Ceases to function following C39

A possible cost could be

150 of iron, oil, bauxite, coal, and lead 

$500,000

I remember people noting to the want to reduce the gap between whales, as well as wanting a project that wouldn't be super whale beneficial, so I thought that this could be a good project.

Note: deflation of the rates could be in order.

Edited by Federative Woodstock