What if there was a resource debuff when in war?

Vilktakis

Now as many of you are aware the only resource that goes down in supply by any meaningful degree is Food because of the production debuff caused by massive radiation when nukes start flying in Global Wars.

What If there was a debuff for resource production (except food) when in war?

Lets say when you are in 1 active war the debuff is small 5%. 2 -> 10%. 3 -> 40%. 5-> 60%. 6-> 70%. 7 -> 80%. 8 -> 90%. 9 (Pirate economy) -> 100%. Now lets say that Fortify gives the enemy nation plus 50% to the debuff, so if they are in a single war they get 55% debuff. Fortify debuff wouldn't stack from multiple nations so that if two nation fortify agents you, you wouldn't end up with 100% debuff from just 2 active wars.

I believe this might accomplish few things:

1. Decrease the global supply of all resources when global wars happen by a significant amount thus making the market a lot more "vibrant".
  2. Alliances would have to dig deeper into their war chests thus shortening the length of wars.
  3. Bringing a new layer of complexity to AA wars.
  4. Nations that are getting beige cycled could declare wars on enemy nations and fortify thus helping their Alliance by reducing the enemy production rather then declaring on raiders for hopes they will beige them.

Anyhow this is an Idea I have been cooking up in my brain for some time and annoying few fellow players with that might help address some issues in the game.

So what do you think?

5qw0au.jpg

Sounds interesting, but it seems like it would cause more stagnant war and dog piles.

People would never want to attack others (unless they are a pirate) and if you do want to attack someone you would want to do it with as minimal wars declared as possible, hence you would be more inclined to call in other blocs to help out. That way your alliance would be declaring less wars overall and maximizing their revenue. 

Honestly I think a wartime economy system would be cool, where you get buffed (economically or production wise) the more nations have attacked you (not counting your offensive slots). This would help simulate real world wartime economies such as America and Germany which rapidly industrialized and boomed due to the ongoing wars and provide dogpiled players with crucial resources to potentially turn the tides.

13 hours ago, Zevari said:

Sounds interesting, but it seems like it would cause more stagnant war and dog piles.

Maybe. Honestly without it being tested on test server for some time it is hard to say how it would effect politics and AA wars. It might end up giving an incentive for dog piles but then again the game mechanics already gives more that enough incentives for dog piling your rivals.

14 hours ago, Zevari said:

......,you would be more inclined to call in other blocs to help out.

True, but the other blocks would be better off not getting themselves involved and sitting pretty making fat bucks from selling resources to both sides. Hell they could hit you after the war ends 🤣 even if you are on a winning side your warchests would be quite spend while theirs are nice and fat.

14 hours ago, Zevari said:

.......provide dogpiled players with crucial resources to potentially turn the tides.

Not sure it would help them. Most longtime players have enough resources on them to fight under blockade for few days anyway. A block going full 5553 usually makes all other blocks to follow suit except if they have strong reasons to believe they aren't the target so it's unlikely you will get caught with your pants down. Having extra resources won't help you if you can't buy more military then you are losing. As a raider I have been in my share of loosing wars 😅 all the steel, aluminium, gasoline and munitions in the world will never help me win against all 3 counters by themselves.

But now thinking about it if you increase the amount of troops you can buy if you are being dog piled...... Hmmm?

Anyhow thx for the reply 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilktakis said:

But now thinking about it if you increase the amount of troops you can buy if you are being dog piled...... Hmmm?

That's actually an interesting concept to explore.
Maybe it could be a type of project or war policy that increases recruitment rates by X amount depending on how many defensive and offensive wars you are in (with defensive giving considerably more).

What If there was a debuff for resource production (except food) when in war?

Lets say when you are in 1 active war the debuff is small 5%. 2 -> 10%. 3 -> 40%. 5-> 60%. 6-> 70%. 7 -> 80%. 8 -> 90%. 9 (Pirate economy) -> 100%. Now lets say that Fortify gives the enemy nation plus 50% to the debuff, so if they are in a single war they get 55% debuff. Fortify debuff wouldn't stack from multiple nations so that if two nation fortify agents you, you wouldn't end up with 100% debuff from just 2 active wars.

I'm not really sure that this will actually accomplish the goals that you want it to. Most players in a top 25 alliance tend to have a sizable quantity of resources in their own nation. They are usually going to be able to handle a blockade for a couple days. Pirates typically don't even have any resource production capabilities anyway so they aren't going to care if their resource production goes down in a war.

It might have an impact on market prices during a global though. During the last global, prices of a lot of things (except food) fell pretty dramatically because everyone was dumping their warchests to get the money that they needed to keep fighting. I could see something like the proposed debuff stopping things like that from happening. It might shorten wars in general too since it will be harder to get the money needed to keep fighting.

Honestly I think a wartime economy system would be cool, where you get buffed (economically or production wise) the more nations have attacked you (not counting your offensive slots). This would help simulate real world wartime economies such as America and Germany which rapidly industrialized and boomed due to the ongoing wars and provide dogpiled players with crucial resources to potentially turn the tides.

That may be cool but honestly very few players are going to be able to win wars once you've slotted and blockaded them. It might be possible to win three defensive wars against typical pirates but not against players that have serious militaries. I'm not sure that it would make any real difference.

Edited by Baldrik