Georgia on my Mind

Christian Lindner

4ARVdzr.png

Georgia Federation 

History and Current Updates:

This is an official news post from the now only news outlet in Georgia. We have a now short history, after the fall of Mirverse, chaos ensued the island. Militias would rise and fall, most notably, the Monroe Republic to the north. An evil dictatorship that would eventually fall due to political strife and a war with Georgia. Our war, though long and hard fought. We were able to pull through it. With the help of the Kingdom of Thundera the Georgia Federation would eventually unite with the plains nation to the west after the fall of the Monroe Republic. The President of the Georgia Federation would step down after the war and the first elections would commence. With this, the Congress would vote to start commissioning the building up of the capital as well as the rebuilding of infrastructure in the northern sector of Georgia. President Foster's final speech was about the greatness our nation will soon become. She states "though we have Democracy, I have always been honest about my feelings and thoughts toward a strong centralized government and leader. I will be laying down my power as President of the great nation, but Executive Powers you granted me during our war was and will be helpful to our future. I hope Congress will reinstate those powers to our next President. Also I have to send out my condolences to our only ally, Thundera, for the loss of their King. He will be missed and I will luck to their future King and continued relations in the future."

Current Executive Government:

President: Kelly Foster

Vice President: Jordan Natsis

Secretary of State: Nathan Deal

Secretary of Interior: Jerry Brown

Secretary of Defense: Edward Kennedy

Current Congressional Party Count:

Georgian Liberty Party: 38

Democratic-Republican Party: 49

Federation Party: 31

Independent(No Party Affiliation): 2

Presidential Race Update: 

With the stepping down of President Foster and the reopening of Congress. Two candidates currently running. The under dog candidate is Miles Matheson, former General in the Georgian Armed Forces. He would be ahead in the race but with his past being one of two founders of the Monroe Republic and being their Commanding General before defecting to Georgia. He is highly qualified but circumstances are not in his favor. Jordan Natsis, front runner of the race and is the selected primary of Democratic Republican Party. While on the other hand Miles Matheson is an independent and campaigning for no more political parties to unite our great nation. 

Current Foreign Relations: 

Economic Treaty with the Kingdom of Thundera. 

Continuation of the Presidential Speech:

"So as I see it fit for our nation, my last act as President will be seeking to open relations with other nations. In two days time I will be inviting multiple world leaders to have a state dinner with me and the Vice President and our families for a night of celebration that we are now naming a national holiday, 'Federation Day' the holiday will commemorate the day Georgia decided we were going to move forward in history!. With this we also invite Embassies to be created by the following nations, France, Chernigov, Ruhr, Dutch East India, Revernas, and most notably, we invite Evenstar to create an embassy in our capital city of Atlanta. Others are welcome as well. In four days time though, the election for President will be happening, this will be another stepping stone in our history and progress to move forward. The day before the election will be the last time I address you as your President. Have a great day everyone!" 

(OOC: I didn't know what else to put but that seems pretty good, right? Anyway those are the specific nations we are interested in opening relations above, anybody is welcome though to establish one. Don't be upset if your not named though, those are just people I had spoken to prior in ooc conversations.) 

• Upvote 1

Also one I forgot to mention above, we also would like to invite Eva Beatrice and any other Witch Council members who would be interested to join us at our State Dinner. 

One more thing to clear up, nations listed. Their leaders are who are invited to the State Dinner.