PERKS!

Dimitri Valko

I was thinking about perks today at work, and I was thinking the best start or a good supplement would be nation perks. An overarching perk that effects all combat. Came up with a few ideas to toss around here.

Jingosim - Your alliance can designate up to 3 enemy alliances. While engaged with an enemy, you have 5% combat ability against them and 5% reduced military upkeep (non stacking).
It would need a cool down timer so alliances can't switch enemies often; could be used with Alliance colours after those are reworked.

Revanchism - After losing a battle in a defensive war, your next ground or air attack against that target deals 40% extra damage.
How do you counter first move advantage? Something savage, but conditional.

Total war - Your units do not consume materials to attack, but your income is severely reduced.
I have no idea what the math would look like to make this balanced, but it could give players an option to consider with their warchests.

Office of Strategic Services - 1 free spy op a day against an opponent that you have been at war with for at least 12 turns. That OP costs 50% more than regular ops.
Spies or something? Needed a 4th idea. Might be hard to balance.

• Upvote 1

I expected the first perks to be more economically based, this will do.

Wow, there's a lot of anti-perk sentiment here. Maybe I'll just scrap this idea. :v

Nonono dont listen to them. They're just really pissed off that they can't shit normally anymore after getting too much butthurts.
  • Upvote 4

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I expected the first perks to be more economically based, this will do.

Nonono dont listen to them. They're just really pissed off that they can't shit normally anymore after getting too much butthurts.

Agree with you

THEY're just mad because their millitary is to bad

• Upvote 2

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

tbf why not have a poll and see how many players aprove

Edited by Abu Haddad

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Wow, there's a lot of anti-perk sentiment here. Maybe I'll just scrap this idea. :v

a lot? nah just a few  ' political ' *cough*pixelhuggers*cough* players. Go for it !

Edited by Xenodolf
  • Upvote 3

tNyPRz9.png

- Anarkhist leader of the Svøbødnäyä TÄ™rritøriyä Groznyj Grad

• Administrators

a lot? nah just a few  ' political ' *cough*pixelhuggers*cough* players. Go for it !

Luckily, I was being tongue in cheek with that comment ;)

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

In the pics it shows a checklist under each sections, as in under soldiers then under tanks. If one upgrades all three, does that give an added bonus?

Nope, you'd just get those 3 bonuses you picked.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nope, you'd just get those 3 bonuses you picked.

Should cap it at a maximum of 2 perks per unit (or only 1 perk for the units that have only 2 available options). That way we are forced to have unique choices customized to our playstyle, rather than "eventually this will be maxed out and everyone will be the same".

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

It's already capped at 8 total perks, so it never will reach the "eventually this will be maxed out and everyone will be the same" point.

Noted, thanks mate. It's 6 perks currently, though.

Also, Sheepy.

SPY PERK = FREE CHEAPEST SPY OPS. Plz Sheepy, pls.

You might want to consider adding a Nuke perk as well, since nukes are currently underpowered as shit. Perhaps a "Nukes don't beige" perk.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Noted, thanks mate. It's 6 perks currently, though.

Also, Sheepy.

SPY PERK = FREE CHEAPEST SPY OPS. Plz Sheepy, pls.

You might want to consider adding a Nuke perk as well, since nukes are currently underpowered as shit. Perhaps a "Nukes don't beige" perk.

Couldn't agree more.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, is this out on the test server yet? 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread and got a few suggestions:

Hazmat Suits: Nullifies the effects of the Biological Warhead.

EMP Warhead: Missile knocks out power in the city it hits temporarily.

Napalm Warhead: Missile causes fires in the city it hits, causing infra damage every turn temporarily.

Electromagnetic Shielding: Nullifies the effect of the EMP Warhead.

Fire Engines: Nullifies the effect of the Napalm Warhead.

• Upvote 2

Just found this thread and got a few suggestions:

Hazmat Suits: Nullifies the effects of the Biological Warhead.

EMP Warhead: Missile knocks out power in the city it hits temporarily.

Napalm Warhead: Missile causes fires in the city it hits, causing infra damage every turn temporarily.

Electromagnetic Shielding: Nullifies the effect of the EMP Warhead.

Fire Engines: Nullifies the effect of the Napalm Warhead.

I actually like these ideas.

There are countless perks that would greatly add diversity to this games warfare section. I can hardly imagine the economic things that may be implemented. 

• Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.