A Special BoC Announcement

Ivan

eY1XdOC.png A BoC ANNOUNCEMENTeY1XdOC.png

I come before you to say goodbye to our founder and great leader Lord Frostsword. LF has retired from the Presidency and will be staying in the BoC. He has led our alliance from the beginning, through its rocky points and with the care and determination sought in a leader. It is a historic day in our cloud history as we make our last snowman jokes.

With the departure of our leader, the remaining government developed a new charter to reform our Brotherhood. Our members approved it overwhelmingly, and we are excited to embrace a new era for our alliance. We have changed our government model so please look below for the new government lineup. Our Brotherhood will be led by a new Cloud Chancellor, who emerged from the ashes and rubble to guide us on a new course. I have been elected Cloud Chancellor by the Council of Ministers and will lead our alliance into the future.

We are thankful for the good support our allies and friends have given us in this transition.

Here is our new charter:

Brotherhood of the Clouds Official Charter

Preamble

Like the clouds high above, we, the Brotherhood of the Clouds (herein known as BoC) come together to fill the sky with our wonder, and hope to bring some imagination to the world below spreading the word of our Dragon Gods.

Article I- Membership

1. Admission
a. Any person seeking membership within the BoC shall change their Alliance Affiliation to “Brotherhood of the Clouds†and file an application on the BoC Forums.
b. The Ministry of Internal Affairs shall review the application, and choose to either accept or reject the applicant, OR bring it to the government for review.
c. Once accepted, the applicant becomes a member and must do the following:
i. Change their Alliance Affiliation to Brotherhood of the Clouds
ii. Change their color to White
ii. Check-In with the BoC Academy.
2. Resigning
a. Any member who wishes to resign from BoC must do the following:
i. Inform the Minister of Internal Affairs
ii. Post in the Resignation Thread
iii. Remove the Brotherhood of the Clouds Alliance Affiliation
b. Any member who leaves the BoC Alliance Affiliation OR who applies to another alliance without first resigning is no longer entitled to the benefits of membership and may face appropriate penalties as determined by the Council of Ministers
3. Elections
a. Voting
i. Any member in good standing may vote in alliance wide elections.
ii. The Chief Justice, Senior Justice and Junior Justice are elected into office on behalf of the membership. Whomever receives a majority of the vote wins.
Candidacy
i. Any member in good standing may run as a candidate for Chief Justice, Senior Justice or Junior Justice. A candidate can not run for more than one position at the same time.
ii. Any member in good standing may be appointed as a candidate for Deputy Minister by their respective Minister.
iii. Candidates must start a Candidacy Thread between the 1st and 10th of the election month.
iv. Any candidate dropping out must resign their candidacy by the 8th of the election month.
3. Election Process
i. Elections will take place January, May, and September for Chief Justice.
ii. The Justice Department will post a poll on the 12th of the election month, which will run for 24 hours.
iii. The candidate with the most votes wins.
iv. Should there be a tie, the Council of Ministers will vote to determine the winner with a majority vote. If a majority vote cannot be reached, there will be a second election to determine the winner within 2 weeks of the tied election.
4. Rights
a. Right to submit to the Justice Department any Government Member or Justice whom they believe should be impeached.
b. Right to submit to the Justice Department any member whom they believe is in violation of the charter, BoC policy, law, or decree.
c. Right to submit to the Justice Department any grievances with any government decision if it is supported by at least 5 other members.
d. Right to submit to the Government any law, decree, or bill they would like voted on.
e. Members may bring forward a vote to start the process of amending the charter.

Article II- Government Structure

1. The government of the BoC is comprised of three separate branches: The Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch, and the Judicial Branch.
a. The Executive Branch is comprised of five Ministers including the Cloud Chancellor. This is the Council of Ministers also known as the High Council
b. The Legislative Branch is comprised of up to eight Deputy Ministers. This is the Middle Council also known as the Lesser Council
c. The Judicial Branch is comprised of the Chief Justice, a Senior Justice and a Junior Justice.
2. The government is also broken down into five Ministries. Each Ministry may have subordinate Departments established under them as needed, in accordance with this charter.
a. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handles Diplomacy and Embassy Operations.
b. The Ministry of Military Affairs handles the defensive readiness of the alliance and military operations.
c. The Ministry of Internal Affairs handles internal components of the alliance.
d. The Ministry of Economic Affairs handles finance and resources of the alliance.
e. The Ministry of Government Affairs handles affairs with Government employment,(not High Council Employment) and communication between the High and Lesser Councils.
3. Each Ministries powers are directly taken from their Ministry Policy
4. Each Minister holds full control and responsibility over their department. They can only be overruled by majority vote by the High Council.
6. Deputy Minister can be promoted by the respective minister and only the respective minister. The Council of Ministers must be alerted when a new deputy minister assumes office.
7. From the Council of Ministers one will be chosen by a majority vote to act as the figurehead for the alliance. The minister’s title of Cloud Chancellor does not grant them more power.
8. The Cloud Chancellor shall retain his position indefinitely unless a vote of no confidence is called from within the Council of Ministers.
9. If a vote of no confidence is called, a vote shall commence by the Council of Ministers and The Lesser Council. A majority wins.
10. If the Cloud Chancellor is removed from his position, he shall retain his position as a member of the BoC until a court case is filed. Chaos is to follow and we must pray to Immunis for guidance.

Article III- Executive Branch

1. The High Council will be responsible for:
a. Signing treaties with other alliances,(Only with MoFA approval)
b. Approval on Bloc Membership.
c. Declaring war.
d. Overruling decisions by the Lesser Council.
e. Suspend or expel a member.
f. Approval of Amendments.
g. Changes within the alliance as a whole.
h. Treaty cancellation.
i. Sign Ministry specific policies.
j. Recommend members for Deputy Minister positions.
k. Declare Peace.
l. Proposal amendments to this document
m. Create any new Title/Position in the alliance
2. The High Council is suggested to receive feedback and encourage discussion with the Lesser Council prior to any High Council votes.
3. The Minister of a respective Ministry has the power to fire any Deputy Ministers for appropriate reasons.

Article IV- Legislative Branch

1. The collective group of Deputy Ministers is known as the Lesser Council.
2. High Council members will be able to participate in discussions within the Middle Council, but may not vote in any Lesser Council specific votes.
3. The Lesser Council will be responsible for:
a. Voting on issues if the Council of Ministers is in deadlock.
b. Voting on, no confidence call by the High Council.
c. Day to day working in their respective department.
d. Propose votes to be voted on by the High Council.
e. Act on the orders of the High Council members.

Article V- Judicial Branch

1. The Department of Justice is the judicial body of the alliance, and is tasked with interpreting and upholding the charter, laws, decrees, and bills of the alliance.
2. The Chief Justice
a. Serves as the official bias-free interpreter of the Charter
b. May act as a tiebreaker in the Lesser Council if there is a split vote.
c. Will have access to all areas of the forums including the Council of Ministers.
d. May temporarily suspend a government decisions while the decision goes through the court process for repeal.
e. Moderate the court forums.
3. The Court
a. The court will follow traditional court guidelines.
b. There will be a plaintiff (Pro) and defendant (Con) representative to the decision.
c. The case will be presented by each party, in an open forum with Members allowed to ask questions.
d. A decision will be made by the Chief Justice and other justices once hearing both sides of the case.
e. In the event the decision requires sentencing, the sentence will be recommended by the Justice Department and will be voted on by the High Council.
4. Impeachment
a. The Court shall review any reported grievances for impeachments.
b. The Court will make a decision whether there is sufficient grievance/evidence to support an Impeachment hearing or not.
i. Should the impeachment be for a member of the Department of Justice, the High Council will handle the proceedings and decision making.
ii. Should the impeachment hearing be denied, the Chief Justice will post a detailed explanation of the decision for membership to read.
c. The Court will open Impeachment hearings with the listing of grievances/evidence, and open up the forum to the membership for 6 days of discussion.
d. On the 7th day of an Impeachment hearing the Chief Justice will render a decision.

Article VI- Policies

1. Each Minister will determine Departmental / Ministry Policies governing their specific area. Discussion and agreement is suggested when determining policy direction.
2. Policies will be housed in the BoC Document Hall Forum, viewable to all members, unless Operational Security (OPSEC) prohibits it.
3. Policies cannot contradict the charter, but will provide more specific guidance.

Article VII- Religion

1. The Official Religion of the Brotherhood of the Clouds Shall be The Dragon Gods Faith and its Eleven(11) Pillars of Followers. (Valic, Ventus, Matrona, Aecor, Obcasus, Labes, Immunis, Caeruleum, Chalybs, Tellus, and Cruor)
2. Each Dragon of the Eleven shall have their own Temples of worship, whom upkeep will be mantain by its different Followers.
3. Other world religions are welcome to build their own Temples of worship within their alliance Embassies on the BoC Forums. So long as practices do not harm the BoC nor disturb any other faiths practices

Conclusion
With the Dragon Gods looking down, the members of the Brotherhood of the Clouds hereby come together to form this alliance with peace, prosperity, and poise.

Adopted and last updated 12/2/15

Here is our new government line-up:

Cloud Chancellor: Ivan

Council of Ministers

MoGA: Ivan

MoMA: Thomas Paine

MoEA: Goomy

MoFA: Josh Freer

MoIA: Bezzers

tl’dr

1. Ivan coup'd and is now Cloud Chancellor

2. BoC adopted a new charter and form of government

• Upvote 3
[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

>silent spectre not gov

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Shoutout to Lord Frostsword who's been a stalwart ally and a great person to work with. Stay in touch! :P

And congrats to you Ivan and the rest of the government! Look forward to working with you all. :)

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

tl;dr

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I have lead the BoC for nearly a year and a half. While this was not a easy choose for me, it was one that was needed for myself and the alliance. I look forward to seeing what the new government will do and what doors they will decide to open. BoC will always have my love and support. I will still be around, just enjoying my retirement and trying to be just a "normal" nation again. 

Shout out to all the people that have supported me during my presidency. I have had a great amount of fun along the way, i hope to see you all in the snowman retirement home :P

~LF

Edited by Lord Frostsword
  • Upvote 2

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

o/ public hailing

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I'm loving the new trend of including tl;dr's at the end of posts. Keep it up Orbis!

• Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Shout out to chunky monkey and bollocks for backing the right guy for chancellor :P

• Upvote 1

"LMFAO nazi Goomy is the best Goomy" - Kyubey  "Goomy is Perfect" - Ripper

Some sort of gov for CoS

#RollBezzers2k18

Does this mean you can finally stop sucking?

j/k congrats

vacuum jokes

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt