A question on suspecious behavior:

Basillides

I have recently had war declared by two nations. For the sake of them being anonymous (for now), I will refer to them as nation 1 and nation 2. Whenever they attack, (2 times so far), Nation 1 attacks and I see him as "Active Now". I update the page, and it says on 1 minute ago. Nation 2 attacks and it says "Active Now", then Nation 2 gets off. Then serendipitously, Nation 1 is "Active Now" again while Nation 2's status says on 2 minutes ago. Also, these two nations are from the same alliance. Note this: This pattern has occurred twice in a row, almost a day later. Does this sound like multiple accounts to anyone else? Because it seems like to me: that somebody was logging on and off to use their two accounts in a war. Or maybe I'm just delusional new player. To the experienced players, do my suspicions at least have solid ground?

That is not dead that can eternal lie -- and with strange eons, even death may die.

I have recently had war declared by two nations. For the sake of them being anonymous (for now), I will refer to them as nation 1 and nation 2. Whenever they attack, (2 times so far), Nation 1 attacks and I see him as "Active Now". I update the page, and it says on 1 minute ago. Nation 2 attacks and it says "Active Now", then Nation 2 gets off. Then serendipitously, Nation 1 is "Active Now" again while Nation 2's status says on 2 minutes ago. Also, these two nations are from the same alliance. Note this: This pattern has occurred twice in a row, almost a day later. Does this sound like multiple accounts to anyone else? Because it seems like to me: that somebody was logging on and off to use their two accounts in a war. Or maybe I'm just delusional new player. To the experienced players, do my suspicions at least have solid ground?

Do they have the same IP? (You can check by clicking the unique ID on their page)

If not, they might just be coordinating their attacks, which is pretty common among experienced players. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Anyone can see your ongoing and past wars, so the anonymity is null.

The most pertinent evidence for multiaccounting is the two nations being on the same IP. You can check for that sort of thing, although I don't know how.

GET LOANS NOW!

Just checked, I've fought them before. I'm pretty sure they are simply coordinating their attacks to be one after the other via Internet Relay Chat. This is quite common in major wars. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Just checked, I've fought them before. I'm pretty sure they are simply coordinating their attacks to be one after the other via Internet Relay Chat. This is quite common in major wars. 

But why would one log off, and then the other get on? And then vice-versa? There would be no reason for them to do that. At all. I keep checking and they haven't been on the game at the same time.

That is not dead that can eternal lie -- and with strange eons, even death may die.

Raiders make me sad. If you get raided in the future and they don't bother to blockade you, toss your lootables in your alliance bank. That way, beyond the original two ground attacks, they won't steal more than a few percent of your original cash and resource hoard.

• Upvote 1

GET LOANS NOW!

But why would one log off, and then the other get on? And then vice-versa? There would be no reason for them to do that. At all. I keep checking and they haven't been on the game at the same time.

Yes there would. I do this all the time. If two people are chatting on IRC, they can just be like:

"I've launched my attacks, it's your turn."

For people who have their schedules aligned, this can be a routine thing.  

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I'll just say I don't think they are multis. I could be wrong, but having my own experiences with them, I don't think they are.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

They probably aren't logged off of the game, they are merely not performing ingame activities. They might alternate their attacks, for example, to split the raid loot evenly in the event that you run out midway.

• Upvote 2

GET LOANS NOW!

They are probably all being controlled by one player, that would explain there lack of attacking simultaneously.

But in earnest, they probably aren't. We're just noob players (for now) and we don't know any better.

I don't mean to be a dick but:

DqQjGY4.png

Me and my friend coordinate our raiding over google hangouts to set the record straight.

No, no, not being a dick at all. This is my sister, as stupid an excuse that sounds. I'll go wake her up right now if you'd like.

I obviously hold sway over her choices in the game, but I do not literally control her account for my sole benefit.

It's okay but I was rather perplexed you'd accuse me of being a multi with my friend when you're on the same IP. Seems a bit hypocritical to be honest with you.

It's okay but I was rather perplexed you'd accuse me of being a multi with my friend when you're on the same IP. Seems a bit hypocritical to be honest with you.

I honestly did not intend to accuse you. Remember that I am new player, and completely inexperienced. I didn't know how to check if people were on the same IP, and I also didn't know people could go check my wars, thus losing the anonymity. I really meant for this to be anonymous.

Edited by Basillides

Well this thread has turned out to be rather fortuitous. :v

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I'm glad that there are players that pay attention to these kinds of things.

Keep asking the good questions, Basillides!

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(