Insane change to the war system.

Prefontaine

I think you're missing the point.

This isn't about 1v1's. This is largely about multi nation, multi alliance warfare. it won't change 1v1's drastically, though I think it would still improve them some. This way two people can specialize in different units and work together to take a larger person down. City count isn't the end all be all. 

Atleast until the counter to your counter shows up, and easily wipes the floor with a specialized nation.

PUT IT ON THE TEST SERVER! RAWR! And I'll show you how awesome or op af this is. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

So I've read this whole topic and I think I've found a way to make this work, and I'd like everyone to read this please.

1. Change the Ground control to 1/2 instead of 1/3. This will make building a bunch of airplanes with nothing else extremely dangerous.

2. Change Tanks to 1 steel to 10 tanks. This will change the cost. It'll also mean you can get 1k tanks for 100 steel. This idea may need a little refining from you guys.

3. Increase the Soldier cap from 15k to 18k. It'll make a better nerf for the planes and the insane tank cost listed above.

Thoughts?

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Atleast until the counter to your counter shows up, and easily wipes the floor with a specialized nation.

Well if you're striking first and they don't already have a nation designed to counter yours, building daily limit caps still exist. Allies coming in would be able to design around coming in to specialty hit nations but that still requires days of build up. It would be basically the same as any alliance allies coming in to counter only you can coordinate it more effectively. Like I said this promotes tactics and strategy so I thank you for highlighting an aspect of my points. Glad you're on board.

scSqPGJ.gif

So I've read this whole topic and I think I've found a way to make this work, and I'd like everyone to read this please.

1. Change the Ground control to 1/2 instead of 1/3. This will make building a bunch of airplanes with nothing else extremely dangerous.

2. Change Tanks to 1 steel to 10 tanks. This will change the cost. It'll also mean you can get 1k tanks for 100 steel. This idea may need a little refining from you guys.

3. Increase the Soldier cap from 15k to 18k. It'll make a better nerf for the planes and the insane tank cost listed above.

Thoughts?

Yeah that's a good change. 

IpHGyGc.png

i've been thinking on this quite a bit

i think this makes the war system more dynamic and interesting, but it still doesn't address [what i think is] the main flaw of the current system which is the buy purchase limit, and thus whomever has more members on their side will pretty much be guaranteed a victory unless their opposition is entirely uncoordinated.

large warchests would still be relatively useless especially if 2 smaller nations can have an easier time of taking out a singular larger nation in your 2v1 example with the high loot rate. 

however if this % system means that singular battles will no longer deliver more damage than what you could buy in a day, this would go a LONG way into making the war system better ; but im guessing the damage formulas would still need fixed to allow this to happen.

as you said

Two little guys using tactics and coordination can take down a bigger guy with ease. Currently to take down a bigger guy your best bet is hope they're not online at update, declare war just before update, send attacks that will certainly fail, rebuy units, then start the new day moments later, rebuy any units still needed then attack again hoping to claim a superiority

as it stands now, if you are a large elite nation it would take a large amount of coordination and some luck for 2 or 3 opponents to get advantage over you and would have to take place at a certain time. with what you are proposing it seems like this advantage could be had much easier now at any given time of the day.

we may just have a fundamental disagreement on this issue but as i've said before i dont think the war mechanic should be reduced to a 'who has more people on their side' as the ultimate deciding factor ; and this suggestion would only move the needle in that direction. i get that politics is literally in the name of the game and this update would make it much more interesting (and good for the game), i just feel this has a high potential to be bad for the game if other mechanics arent addressed along with this.

on the flip side though - is now the once 'larger' nation is now the 'smaller' nation and would have a chance to fight back and gain victories (but still at the mercy of other people coming in to assist you).

in short: i like the suggestion in that it fixes the 'once you start losing you can't come back' direction the current sytem is in ; but i feel it doesn't address the biggest issue of the game (which is of course only my opinion) and would still ultimately be reduced to an x > y therefore x wins popularity contest ; but goes a LONG way into making things better. i would support this change

i think if paired with an offensive and defensive % for your units, this would be a tremendous fix. as it stands, i would call it a 'good' fix

Edited by seabasstion
  • Upvote 1

I also made a suggestion for a project (I believe) a while back that would let you go over your daily buy limit at costly rates, something like "War time Economy" which lets you go over the unit production by 100% increase for 50% more units, and then 200% increase for 50% more above that. 

So if you could make 1000 tanks at 1000 steel, you could make 1500 at 2000 steel or 2000 at 4000 steel. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Well if you're striking first and they don't already have a nation designed to counter yours, building daily limit caps still exist. Allies coming in would be able to design around coming in to specialty hit nations but that still requires days of build up. It would be basically the same as any alliance allies coming in to counter only you can coordinate it more effectively. Like I said this promotes tactics and strategy so I thank you for highlighting an aspect of my points. Glad you're on board.

I stated earlier that I didn't mind this change, but you are overestimating the amount of new strategy this will introduce.  So sure you can have some specialized guys hit some larger targets to take them down, but a balanced nation countering a specialized nation should always win, because of the victory mechanics, 1 ground/air attack to the neglected forces wipes out the specialized nation's advantage.