Which Player has had a bigger impact on the game thus far?

Kastor

Please choose 1  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has had a bigger political impact on the game thus far?

• Prefontaine
    • Pubstomper
    • Partisan
    • Shellhound
    • Cynic
    • Keegoz
    • Pfeiffer
    • Grillick
    • Impero
    • Tenages

I'd have to say the mensa guy, mensa seems to win the wars they fight.

It is not about winning, it's about the beautiful fight, the glory of battle, and the conversion of thine enemy to the faith!

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I'd have to say the mensa guy, mensa seems to win the wars they fight.

Honestly, Pfeiffer most likely.

Mensa is 3-1 in wars.

And it's without a doubt Prefontaine. Nobody has come close to having the dominance on the game that Pre had for months while leading Guardian, although Pubstomper's impact has to be pretty close and Partisan is getting up there. Pfeiffer does have a good case to be fair though. Also, I won't be surprised if the answer to this in a few months is "Placentica" considering how many months he sat at #1 on the score leaderboards and how Alpha is getting bigger and better.

Good poll topic.

Edit: Mensa is 3-1 in wars, not 3-2. Edited the original.

Edited by MRBOOTY
  • Upvote 2

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Though Pfeiffer seems to have an overall good understanding of how to play the game right, and anyone who tries deny that he doesn't have a big impact on the game is talking out of their ass, he does have one big thing holding him back; his personality. It's not really about how he actually is, cause hell if I know what Pfeiffer is like. It's the matter of how he acts in the forums and the overall view on his personality, both from general players and his own alliance members. Most people think of him as an !@#$. That's might not have such a big impact on the game, but it does change how well his views are adapted by other players, which I think is a big part of the impact of the game.

The one who can sway the populus has a key to the ebbs and flows of the game. Pfeiffer tends to not have that element to his advantage, no matter how much of a military genius he might be. Prefontaine tends to be labelled as such (for good reasons) but the one I think who plays the rhetoric game of pathos, ethos and logos best is Partisan. He has a great way of making most people generally liking him, his alliance has a way of handling PR well (from RP to great posts in general) which might be seen as unfair but I do credit him for that. That's why I voted for Partisan.

This is just from who I've seen in the forums. I've never really dealt with anyone but pubstomper directly.

Sober edit

Edited by Satisfriend
  • Upvote 6

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I've known Pfeiffer for many years now, both in games and out of them, and I will never bet against him.  He wins far more than he loses and more importantly (to me at least) is that he plays for the long term.  

The reason why he comes across as an !@#$ is because he doesn't suffer fools and he is direct and to the point.  He's not here to be your friend first and you'll have to earn his respect.  I don't have a problem with any of this.  Then again, I'm a damn-near fifty year old fart and don't have anything to prove to anyone anymore so... I voted for Pfeiffer because I expect him to perform like this.  He's no slacker.  He performs.

• Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

Though Pfeiffer seems to have an overall good understanding of how to play the game right, and anyone who tries deny that he doesn't have a big impact on the game is talking out of their ass, he does have one big thing holding him back; his personality. It's not really about how he actually is, cause hell if I know what Pfeiffer is like. It's the matter of how he acts in the forums and the overall view on his personality, both from general players and his own alliance members. Most people think of him as an !@#$. That's might not have such a big impact on the game, but it does change how well his views are adapted by other players, which I think is a big part of the impact of the game.

The one who can sway the populus has a key to the ebbs and flows of the game. Pfeiffer tends to not have that element to his advantage, no matter how much of a military genius he might be. Tenages tends to be labelled as such (mostly because of his logos arguments) but the one I think who plays the rhetoric game of pathos, ethos and logos best is Partisan. He has a great way of making most people generally liking him, his alliance has a way of handling PR well (from RP to great posts in general) which might be seen as unfair but I do credit him for that. That's why I voted for Partisan.

This is just from who I've seen in the forums. I've never really dealt with anyone but pubstomper directly.

True story. I've dealt with him in the past and he's not exactly the nicest player in the game. Honestly he's probably the least nice player in the game. 

That's not to say he hasn't had his accomplishments. I respect him as a leader. He clearly knows how to coordinate an alliance (just look at all the polls), and win wars. But honestly, this really shouldn't even be a question. Obviously the player who has influenced the game the most is Prefontaine, by a long shot as well. 

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Always vote for yourself.

Really though it's probably Pre.

But vote for me. Vote Pfeiffer.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I'm losing to Cynic, imma just go kill myself now. Not to sound egotistical here but considering I am losing to a filthy neutral in Grillick I feel like I need to state what I have actually done here :P

I brought Guardian here in the first place back in Alpha, me and Kurdanak pretty much stopped Rose from disbanding back when the Angelus fiasco happened and when Rothschild happened and I helped take down the sphere which had ruled the game for a good portion of the game with VE/tS. I also successfully led Rose for 6 months so I am pretty much 100% sure I have had more impact than Grillick who is now inactive :|

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Mensa is 3-2 in wars.

I remember losing one war. I have no idea where that 2nd is from. Explain?

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

I'm losing to Cynic, imma just go kill myself now. Not to sound egotistical here but considering I am losing to a filthy neutral in Grillick I feel like I need to state what I have actually done here :P

I brought Guardian here in the first place back in Alpha, me and Kurdanak pretty much stopped Rose from disbanding back when the Angelus fiasco happened and when Rothschild happened and I helped take down the sphere which had ruled the game for a good portion of the game with VE/tS. I also successfully led Rose for 6 months so I am pretty much 100% sure I have had more impact than Grillick who is now inactive :|

Rose sucks dong, so none of this matters.

• Upvote 4

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif