Fallout: New Vegas Mega-thread

Kurdanak

*WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD*

I'm replaying New Vegas now that I have bought it on Steam (I played through it already before, but not on Steam), so I thought I'd make a thread to talk about details and reminence as I come across things. :)

What I'm curious of right off the bat, is - what main storyline path (or ending, rather) did you choose, and why? NCR? Legion? House? Independant?

I personally am doing all of the above to get the Steam achievements and the full experience, but if it had to choose one, which would be be?

I would probably go with either the NCR, or an Independent (not House) New Vegas (with enabled securitron army).

xzhPlEh.png?1

*WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD*

I'm replaying New Vegas now that I have bought it on Steam (I played through it already before, but not on Steam), so I thought I'd make a thread to talk about details and reminence as I come across things. :)

What I'm curious of right off the bat, is - what main storyline path (or ending, rather) did you choose, and why? NCR? Legion? House? Independant?

I personally am doing all of the above to get the Steam achievements and the full experience, but if it had to choose one, which would be be?

I would probably go with either the NCR, or an Independent (not House) New Vegas (with enabled securitron army).

The first time, Independent Because really, !@#$ everyone else. Vegas is mine! It also allows you to do whatever you want without worrying about pissing off your allies, like activating Archimedes and dropping laser devastation on everything [with the universal ammo exploit], plus the robot army you can steal from House and use at Hoover Dam. And then afterwards you get to watch the robots throw the NCR general off the dam.  :ph34r:  

Caesar is sick and just going to die, so I killed him myself and everyone in his camp. The NCR are imperialistic, corrupt and should stay in California. The "Dear Courier" knows best. All hail the Dear Courier!!

o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ 

Siding with the Legion is hard. It's best to finish side quests (to maximize potential rewards) before helping him. Most of the map is occupied by NCR and most people are opposed to Caesar. It gets hard once you gain a reputation for helping him.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I chose NCR purely because I liked the way they were trying to rebuild America, If The Enclave were in NV, I'd probably had sided with them though just because they have amazing looking power armour

I chose NCR purely because I liked the way they were trying to rebuild America, If The Enclave were in NV, I'd probably had sided with them though just because they have amazing looking power armour

Um no? I believe the Enclave would do a better job at that, than the NCR.

Anyways. I didn't like the idea roaming an empty desert, New Vegas was somewhat vague. 

Fallout 3 gave me that urban feeling.

• Upvote 1

Um no? I believe the Enclave would do a better job at that, than the NCR.

Anyways. I didn't like the idea roaming an empty desert, New Vegas was somewhat vague. 

Fallout 3 gave me that urban feeling.

I thought you said you LIKED the roaming an empty desert! haha!

But seriously, I would chose NCR. I actually haven't played as anything else but NCR in the time I've played FO

LTcxGHN.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have gone through several of the faction lines, but the only time I actually decided to take the plunge through the final battle was when I was aligned with the Legion because 1) they have badass soldiers 2) it was a good use of my playstyle (medicine intelligence) and 3) I just &#33;@#&#036;ing loved sniping NCR troops with my RatSlayer right outside of Freeside. The second closest I ever got to completion was trying to acheive an independent NV, for moral reasons. I never played too far through the NCR though.

Fallout: New Vegas has been the cornerstone upon which I measure all video game experience. It was, and is, and forever will be, my most marvelous experience with video games.

• Upvote 1

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is beast, but it's the orange to New Vegas's apple.

• Upvote 2

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

• 1 month later...

Independent, though I'm still kinda partial to NCR since they at least were trying to build and not destroy everything like the Legion.

I have a habit of hoovering everything not nailed down, with the whisper in the back of my mind saying it could be reporpoised as stock items in a warehouse meant to supply a fictional settlement under my control. :|

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• 2 years later...