Rekishstein Mysteriously Deleted

Ekejen Luish

Seems a bit random that someone bothered to get ahold of the password then just delete the nation for no reason...

PS any website that wouldn't notice a bot trying to brute force the password isn't worth signing up to. I mean seriously, if something is trying to access the same account hundreds or thousands of times an hour you'd think that the account access would be locked...

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

• Administrators

Seems a bit random that someone bothered to get ahold of the password then just delete the nation for no reason...

PS any website that wouldn't notice a bot trying to brute force the password isn't worth signing up to. I mean seriously, if something is trying to access the same account hundreds or thousands of times an hour you'd think that the account access would be locked...

You're not going to brute force our site. His password was compromised elsewhere, and then they tried it here and it happened to allow them to login because he didn't use different passwords.

If you enter a wrong password on our site, you'll notice you're immediately prompted to fill out a captcha to login. Go ahead and intentionally use the wrong password if you don't believe me.

We'll look at partially restoring Moog's nation, but the problem is that we can't verify what he did or did not have exactly. We can use the test server as some sort of basis, but that's the same place where everyone received $250,000,000 free along with 50K of each resource at one point.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You're not going to brute force our site. His password was compromised elsewhere, and then they tried it here and it happened to allow them to login because he didn't use different passwords.

If you enter a wrong password on our site, you'll notice you're immediately prompted to fill out a captcha to login. Go ahead and intentionally use the wrong password if you don't believe me.

We'll look at partially restoring Moog's nation, but the problem is that we can't verify what he did or did not have exactly. We can use the test server as some sort of basis, but that's the same place where everyone received $250,000,000 free along with 50K of each resource at one point.

I'm sure you can give him 6 cities + MLP and 2 Million dollars towards rebuilding. That seems very fair.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

The test server was reset and have the data from game server copied over after you gave everyone $200mil and 50k resources, Sheepy. You can ask ss23 for that one

The only major difference is that Rekishstein on the Test Server was raided and lost a bit of infra and money, so Sheepy should transfer the nation, along with the missing money and infra from the raid, as seen in the war timeline.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

We're making some assumptions here:

1. Someone cared enough to somehow get access to this guy's passwords from another site

2. They then tried that password on this site and gained access to his account

3. They then used the access to delete his account

I think we can infer from this:

1. The person is technically adept with a lot of time on their hands

2. They really hate the guy whose account was deleted

3. They are stupid enough to just push delete instead of doing something loltastic first, like attacking five different alliances and then deleting all buildings and infra

I think a far more rational explanation would be self-deletion than that very unlikely series of events. Can you actually check when the account was deleted? What happened prior to deletion? Were there any failed login attempts? How long was the account logged in to before it was deleted? Were any transactions or trades made? If it wasn't self deletion, this may reveal who actually deleted the account.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

The test server was reset and have the data from game server copied over after you gave everyone $200mil and 50k resources, Sheepy. You can ask ss23 for that one

Yeah it was reset so the money and resources given out don't factor into the equation as the nation found on the test server didn't have access to any of it.

Well we ARE talking about a site that was hacked for months without notice. Just saying...

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I'm assuming passwords were secure though, and even if they weren't, why would they only hack his account? I mean not being mean, but he's nobody important, just a guy who role plays a little and has a fairly average nation. Seems like a fairly unlikely story.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

I don't think a speculating witch hunt is very appropriate. 

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I don't think a speculating witch hunt is very appropriate.

Nor do I, because I find it very unlikely that anyone would go to the trouble. As Spite says, a voluntary (maybe RP, bout of anger or drunken) deletion is the far simpler and more likely explanation. Fair play to Sheepy for giving him it back though, keeps a decent player playing, nobody loses.

• Upvote 1