A clarification on censored words

Hiroshima

Can someone point me at a list of censored words? In this thread I had a post containing an image, which contained the word "!@#$", or the "b" word referring to a female dog. I was warned for that post. Now I've been told that "shit" is an acceptable word on this forum, yet a word that can be played on the radio is banned? For the last few weeks I've been hearing a song called "SOB" by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats that includes the lyrics "Son of a !@#$" on the radio, uncensored. Let's not forget the all time classic song, Hair of the Dog, "NOW YOU'RE MESSING WITH A SON OF A !@#$!", which is played almost hourly on classic rock radio.

I'd just like some clarification on this, thank you.

Here is the song, pretty catchy:

Edited by NMA
  • Upvote 1

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

EDIT: NVMD

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Can I get a clarification on this or can moderators lock this to let me know it's not going to be answered?

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

From what I get, the word shit was not uncensored because it was in somebodies username.

I personally find the word censor to be backwards as hell, not just for this. Another example is the word v-a-g-i-n-a is censored. I assume that mean penis is censored too? I can understand censoring it to avoid petty name calling and insults, but these are legitimate words with very legitimate uses, not curse words or insults. Censoring them can only lead to confusion and if you're offended by the simple mention of the legitimate word for a persons sexual anatomy, you should probably stay off the internet and lock yourself in the closet. God forbid you might take a health class in school. At least the word Nazi was finally removed from the list but the censor in general is still not what I would call sensible. 

The word "shit" should be censored. It's nothing but a vulgarity. 

Shit

noun
  1. 1feces.
     2. a contemptible or worthless person.

verb
  1. 1expel feces from the body.

2. 2tease or try to deceive (someone).
    "I shit you not"
exclamation
  1. 1an exclamation of disgust, anger, or annoyance.
"B-I-T-C-H" should probably be censored as well due to the fact it's almost never used in it's proper form in modern times, but simply as a vulgarity. But that's debatable. 
Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

From what I get, the word shit was not uncensored because it was in somebodies username.

What's your source, there? From what I remember/understand, it was removed simply as part of an effort to be less strict with the censor.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8045-8182015-in-game-word-censor-reduced-filtering/

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

What's your source, there? From what I remember/understand, it was removed simply as part of an effort to be less strict with the censor.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8045-8182015-in-game-word-censor-reduced-filtering/

IDK. Someone somewhere mentioned it. IDK if that was really the case, it's just what I heard. Either way, my opinion is:  :rolleyes:

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

• Administrators

If you're iffy on a word, type it out plainly. If it gets filtered, it's not okay to post an image containing it.

Shit was removed from the filter because it's generally not used in a derogatory way. We have censors on words that are particularly insulting or otherwise inappropriate, and if you're ever curious whether a word is filtered, just type it out plainly in a post (and then edit it if you don't want it in your post.)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you're iffy on a word, type it out plainly. If it gets filtered, it's not okay to post an image containing it.

Shit was removed from the filter because it's generally not used in a derogatory way. We have censors on words that are particularly insulting or otherwise inappropriate, and if you're ever curious whether a word is filtered, just type it out plainly in a post (and then edit it if you don't want it in your post.)

So then what about v a g i n a?

Shit is always used in a derogatory way. In fact, I can't imagine it NOT being used this way.

Derogatory

adjective:

showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.

No offense, but have you been smoking something, Sheepy? Can you ever be competent with this word censor bullshit? I'm starting to think you're incapable of it.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Shit is always used in a derogatory way. In fact, I can't imagine it NOT being used this way.

Derogatory

adjective:

No offense, but have you been smoking something, Sheepy? Can you ever be competent with this word censor bullshit? I'm starting to think you're incapable of it.

The irony is real.

• Upvote 1

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Derogatory

adjective:

In an attempt to shine light on what Sheepy was saying I don't think he meant just "derogatory" in the definition represented in your post. I think what he means is people don't go running around calling others a "shit" like if someone posts something they don't like they don't just say " you are a shit"

In my life - when I call someone a shit its usually my puppy like "ahh you little shit" when he steals my socks and runs away with them. 

Here in this community people use the word "shit" to describe the quality of something - hence "shit posting" or "bull shit thread" or something like that. So Derogatory yes....but not in the actual sense of derogatory where it would be at the equal level of "!@#$" "!@#$" "!@#$" "!@#$" "tits" "!@#$" "!@#$cansheepyseethis?"  

edit: lol tits

Edited by Mad Max

In an attempt to shine light on what Sheepy was saying I don't think he meant just "derogatory" in the definition represented in your post. I think what he means is people don't go running around calling others a "shit" like if someone posts something they don't like they don't just say " you are a shit"

In my life - when I call someone a shit its usually my puppy like "ahh you little shit" when he steals my socks and runs away with them. 

Here in this community people use the word "shit" to describe the quality of something - hence "shit posting" or "bull shit thread" or something like that. So Derogatory yes....but not in the actual sense of derogatory where it would be at the equal level of "!@#$" "!@#$" "!@#$" "!@#$" "tits" "!@#$" "!@#$cansheepyseethis?"  

edit: lol tits

Point in tact.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

• Administrators

Point in tact.

If you're uncomfortable with the word shit, there's probably a browser add-on you could use to censor it, or you can play games intended for younger audiences. Perhaps Neopets?

In any case, the original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled.

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link