New Project Ideas

Black

The thing I think most needs improvement in P&W is the amount of projects available and what said projects can do. The list below offers some projects for both the defensive economic based nation as well as projects to suit raiders and mercenary nations. I believe having more options like these will allow more specialized development. Additionally I have a relatively small amount of experience in war compared to many other nations so if a number or percent is too high or too low please mention it as it will help immensely

~Black    

Fallout Shelter 

As an improvement slot:

Max 3 per city

Reduce Civilian Casualties by 7% in a nuclear attack

$150,000

200 Steel

200 Gas

1,000 food

----------------------------------

As a project:

Reduce Nuclear Civilian casualties by (25%?)

$35,000,000

6000 Steel

6000 Gasoline

60,000 Food

--------------------------------------------------------------

National Guard

Increase the number of civilians that will assist in a defensive battle by a significant percentage.

I don't know the current percentage so I can't give a concrete percentage or determine the realistic cost until that percentage is found.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biolab (for sheepy!)

Allows for the recruitment of T-rex units.

Each T-rex costs 10 uranium and $10,000 for a max of 10.

One T-rex can be manufactured per day.

T-rex require 20 food during peacetime and 25 during wartime.

Each T-rex fights equvalent to 25 unarmed soldiers (a little over 1/2 tanks).

Every attacking T-rex will consume 50 of your enemies food in an attack.

$20,000,000

1000 Uranium

3000 Steel

3000 Gasoline 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA batteries 

Allows civilians to defend against planes as well as soldiers with a relatively low chance of shooting down planes.

$10,000,000

2,000 steel

4,000 Munitions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secret Police HQ

Increases the odds of enemy spies being captured but does NOT reduce the chance of a enemy spy attack success. 

$5,000,000

500 Steel

350 Aluminium

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Survival training Center

Reduces the food required to feel soldiers so 1/800 during peacetime and 1/650 during wartime.

Reduces the use of aminition to 1/6000 Soldiers

$6,000,000

10,000 Food

500 Gasoline

500 Steel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depleted Uranium Center

Increases the effectiveness of tanks to the equivalent of 50 unarmed soldiers.

$17,000,000

2,000 Steel

2,000 Uranium

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWACS Hangar

Allow for the construction of AWACS planes.

Each AWACS plane increases efficiency of planes by 12.5 percent against enemy planes.

One AWACS plane can be manufactured per day for a maximum of 2.

Each AWACS plane costs $30,000 and 30 Aluminium. 

AWACS planes are 2.5 times as likely to be shot down as normal fighters.

$17,000,000

6,000 Aluminium

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMDR

Decreases the likelihood of loosing ships against enemy ships by 15% and against planes by 25%

$17,000,000

3,000 Gasoline

3,000 Steel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Black

Very nice ideas, you got my support. Only one thing I want it changed.

Fallout Shelter 
As an improvement slot:
Max 3 per city

$150,000
200 Steel
200 Gas
1,000 food

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

Very nice ideas, you got my support. Only one thing I want it changed.

Fallout Shelter 
As an improvement slot:
Max 3 per city

$150,000
200 Steel
200 Gas
1,000 food

Good point, that way it'll help larger cities with higher populations more than magically saving everyone in smaller cities.

Sheepy just gave me the number of citizen volunteers in a defensive battle so I can flush out the idea now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Guard

Increase the Civilian Volunteer defense percentage from .25% to 2-3%.

$7,000,000
750 Steel
750 Aluminium
750 Gasoline 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will significantly increase the amount of citizen aid. In my most populated city it would increase the aid from 368 citizens to 4415 citizen at 3%. Still far from enough to fend of a large attacking force solo but it would definitely help in defensive battles.
Edited by Black

With the numbers Sheepy gave me here's the stats for the AAA Batteries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA batteries 

Each 125 civilians soldiers will fight with the efficiency of 1 aircraft during an enemy airstrike targeting infrastructure.

$10,000,000
2,000 steel
4,000 Munitions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With 250 civilian Soldiers = 1 plane a city of 2,000 infrastructure will have about the equivalent of 5 planes without National Guard and the equivalent of about 52 planes with national guard (at 3%).
After simulating 50 airstrikes (with 300 planes on both sides and a 2,000 infra city) the average increase for enemy planes killed was about 8 (not accounting for cumulative population decrease). Once again as I have little war experience the numbers will likely have to be adjusted to be weaker or stronger.

We'll have to hash out some ideas together. You have some great ones but they are open to a lot of improvement.

Sounds like a plan to me! These ideas definitely need more fine tuning before they can be considered.

• 3 years later...