Desertion

Hodor

I was curious when looking at the scores of TC alliances, how much of the score loss war damage and how much was desertion.

Just as a terribly simple calculation, I multiplied the average score by number of deserters:

DEIC:

16 Deserters

Score ~9,477

UPN:

17 Deserters

Score ~10,489

BoC:

18 Deserters

Score ~8,334

What are people's feelings on this mass desertion? Do we view these deserters as negatively as we did the deserters from GPA? Or do they have a right given an apparent lack of government notification prior to the war?

Eh, you should stick it out during the bad and the good. If you don't like your government or disagree with them, it is something to deal with after the war. If you leave during the war it signals to me you care about yourself/pixels more than you do your alliance or anybody else and I personally don't forgive them.

I would actually like to see some names of people who leave their alliance during wars so I can turn them away.

I'll start with the two pixel huggers that left Alpha before the war even began:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=19520

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=2021

I would also warn Sigma about accepting them tbh. I will one day get bored.

• Upvote 6

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I believe in sticking with your alliance through thick and thin, but if your gov is being a arse to you, then you have the right to leave and go do your stuff instead of dealing with the consequences of the gov's mistakes. The whole "loyalty" ideal is really only legitimate and justified when the gov is doing their bit (and by that I mean not be a bag of dicks), which is clearly not the case in this war.

Besides, pixel hugging is not so much a bad thing. Having a couple of them around helps keep the balance of things, ya know?

PnW spy brag.png

I think we should all desert and shamelessly alliance hop.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

DEIC members for the most part haven't being playing these games for years and are not committed to browser games, to put it simply we don't have enough nerds like most other alliances especially those with core (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) players. 

IpHGyGc.png

DEIC members for the most part haven't being playing these games for years and are not committed to browser games, to put it simply we don't have enough nerds like most other alliances especially those with core (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) players. 

..Sigh.

• Upvote 5

scSqPGJ.gif

Is anyone really surprised? It's easy to pull in a shitload of nations and accept them into your alliance in-game. It's not so easy to effectively bring them into the fold and turn them into something useful beyond stat padding. Some people don't even seem to realize that there's a difference.

• Upvote 3

I agree with this.  You can blame your membership or you can work to make it better.  Seems that Clarke desires to take the easier route here.

I don't blame people for having lives beyond this game and spending as little time as possible playing this game.This isn't real life, we can't force people who don't want to waste time playing this game to play it more. We certainly don't have a cult of players worshiping some sort of god, nothing on that level of commitment.  

IpHGyGc.png

Hodor, are you sure about these numbers? as alot of them werent Deserters but deleted doe to inactivity in Sheepys little Purge... and also we have members disapear every week, also when we arent at war, but these arent noticed as they are replaced by new noobs, but as its war we arent accepting new members an mass as we usualy do.....

• Upvote 2

Ole2.png

Of the members who have left 3 quit the game for real life reason's,3 got removed for,well lets not get into that,1 got kicked for being a pixel huger.A few left to start there own alliance and the rest just left for a more peaceful life.

As for the rest of DEIC,they have done what was asked of them.They kicked some ass then had a kicking back.End of the day its a game some players put in hours,some put in minutes some care about there pixels and some just really don't care.

A lot of players don't want to be turned into mindless drones who have to log in every turn to live out there alliance leaders dreams of being a god in an online game.Most play it for fun which alot of players are still having even after getting beat down.

I don't blame people for having lives beyond this game and spending as little time as possible playing this game.This isn't real life, we can't force people who don't want to waste time playing this game to play it more. We certainly don't have a cult of players worshiping some sort of god, nothing on that level of commitment.  

lGOfO84.gif

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

Funny thing about this is that you seem to think there's a high level of commitment involved in worshiping "some sort of god", while in reality it's just something to do for fun.

I mean honestly, if saying that certain alliance leaders dream of being gods is the best you can do in terms of thinly veiled criticism against Mensa, you are truly incompetent and really need to get your head straight. Or don't, it'll be easier for us to fight you if you just keep on being terrible.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

so salty

Edit: Also it's hilarious that Clarke is in so much denial about his utter lack of competence that he has to resort to calling everyone no lyfe nerdz.

Edited by Bollocks

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Funny thing about this is that you seem to think there's a high level of commitment involved in worshiping "some sort of god", while in reality it's just something to do for fun.

I mean honestly, if saying that certain alliance leaders dream of being gods is the best you can do in terms of thinly veiled criticism against Mensa, you are truly incompetent and really need to get your head straight. Or don't, it'll be easier for us to fight you if you just keep on being terrible.

It's not criticism, we just don't have people who care about pointless stuff like that. So yeah I say it takes some level of commitment to have "fun" about a god that has no relevance to anything. I guess we fought ok since your alliance wants us to pay about a billion worth money and resources in reps. 

IpHGyGc.png

It's not criticism, we just don't have people who care about pointless stuff like that. So yeah I say it takes some level of commitment to have "fun" about a god that has no relevance to anything. I guess we fought ok since your alliance wants us to pay about a billion worth money and resources in reps. 

Is it pointless if the point of it is to have fun? I guess that's how it is for you. It doesn't take anyone a lot of effort to use imagery with Dio or to type up posts in support of Dio and Dioism, it's pretty easy to do.

As for how you fought, the best I can say is that you fought slightly better than Rose. Personally, I would make you pay a ton just because of how audacious and dishonorable starting this war was. You deserve all you're getting.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Is it pointless if the point of it is to have fun? I guess that's how it is for you. It doesn't take anyone a lot of effort to use imagery with Dio or to type up posts in support of Dio and Dioism, it's pretty easy to do.

As for how you fought, the best I can say is that you fought slightly better than Rose. Personally, I would make you pay a ton just because of how audacious and dishonorable starting this war was. You deserve all you're getting.

Well that's why I put fun in quotations marks. Being called that from an alliance who tried to setup their own bloc members and tried to start a war against us for no reason is really hurtful. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Well that's why I put fun in quotations marks. Being called that from an alliance who tried to setup their own bloc members and tried to start a war against us for no reason is really hurtful. 

Keep grasping. It's really entertaining.

• Upvote 2
6XmKiC2.png

Uhm, you mean like the current war which you guys started for no reason?