Mensa Attacking UPN Protectorates

donsberger

Syrup's an expert on 12 year olds playing browser games, get him in here.

No one on these forums will understand how dank this is, but omg the savagery. Mensa HQ: Destroying allies and enemies alike since 2008.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Picking on the weak lol. We had no intention of joining this global war and were intent on mere war profiteering. Nor are we strongly tied to UPN, they were just the major power that offered us protection from raiders at the time, so I see no legitimate CB for Mensa but whatever.

• Upvote 1
ztt5Wgs.png

Picking on the weak lol. We had no intention of joining this global war and were intent on mere war profiteering. Nor are we strongly tied to UPN, they were just the major power that offered us protection from raiders at the time, so I see no legitimate CB for Mensa but whatever.

RPkJ14O.png

You guys had a good... 4... 5 days or so to cancel the whole thing when the attacks started (and if you were paying attention knew for a good while UPN was going to war) which would have eliminated any CB that might be claimed. 

Edited by Rozalia

It's kinda odd to me that it's fair game to drag protectorates in to a war based on the actions of the protector. Is everyone doing this rn? 

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

It's kinda odd to me that it's fair game to drag protectorates in to a war based on the actions of the protector. Is everyone doing this rn? 

Haven't you heard? It's been all the rage since the Proxy War.

These days signing on as a protectorate is practically a death sentence, it seems.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Haven't you heard? It's been all the rage since the Proxy War.

These days signing on as a protectorate is practically a death sentence, it seems.

No one goes unscathed in these mad times.

But let me get this straight, you guys are basically just raiding that entire bloc (aside from VI)? 

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Last war protectorates were being brought in based on their protectorate treaty. Side effect of such things happening is people start seeing protectorates as more of an extension of the protector. If the protectorate doesn't declare then you can write it off as them not being ready so best to hit them before they can be and such. 

• Upvote 1

Last war protectorates were being brought in based on their protectorate treaty. Side effect of such things happening is people start seeing protectorates as more of an extension of the protector. If the protectorate doesn't declare then you can write it off as them not being ready so best to hit them before they can be and such. 

I'm not putting any moral judgement in my questions, I just think it's an interesting change of the nature of formal protection. I mean, if this will be a common occurrence from now then what will happen with alliances like arrgh and the syndicates line of business? I guess it's not that much of a change really, but it's still interesting since it wasn't mentioned that much in the proxy war as far as I remember.

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and answer this. Prior to when the war started, we received leaks of Odd Squad looking to attack tS' protectorates in the event UPN were to fight the Syndicate (regardless of whether they entered). The leaks portrayed it as if UPN had neither given the ok nor told them off (yet). The logs also showed intent for Odd Squad to enter the war in 'the second wave'. The intent from Odd Squad to enter was certainly there at the time. Whether this intent flipped to reluctance when the war went south, is up for debate.

Fast forward to the past few days: We received intel of UPN protectorates intentions to enter the fray on the side of UPN.

Now, keep the following in mind:

- We already had intel that Odd Squad (one of UPN's protectorates) had shown intent to attack Syndicate Protectorates and/or The Syndicate.

- When we received intel regarding UPN attacking us earlier last week, we decided to take a 'wait and see' approach, while working diplomatic channels. This ended up in an aggressive war being launched upon us. 

We decided not to afford UPN's protectorates the first-strike advantage, and the chance to actually deal damage to our side/complicate our war effort. I realize that there may have been a few alliances within the protectorated bloc, who had no intention of entering. While we regret that they had to endure an attack, it is the unfortunate result of the actions of the alliances they have surrounded themselves with. We do wish those who wish to remain uninvolved (and have thus laid down their arms) the best of luck with rebuilding, and all the best.

I hope this clarifies our decision for you.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Hi there. Protectorate who got dragged into the war here. I'd say I can shed some light on this matter.

Truthfully, a protectorate is an investment in a future ally. It's true that, usually, a protectorate will be upgraded to something more when the alliance gets larger, and that protectorates have no real obligation to fight on behalf of their protector. In our case, Partisan informed us of what was going on well before the war began, and we basically made the decision to react to that intel by preparing for war. When the war actually broke out, he asked us if we would play a role, and we were happy to do so. Nobody made us say yes. That was a decision of our own. If you remember, we sat out the last war.

Overall, I'd say we will be better off for having the experience with war as a group. We have a much better idea now of where our strengths and weaknesses lie in the actual field of battle.

• Upvote 1

No one goes unscathed in these mad times.

But let me get this straight, you guys are basically just raiding that entire bloc (aside from VI)? 

As far as I'm aware (which is minimally, leadership makes their decisions behind smoke and spooky mirrors~),we declared war since generally protectorates jump in on the side of their primary alliance. Like clockwork, they are a week late usually, but they show up in time.

Perhaps members were bored and wanted someone to attack, beats me.

But we weren't your enemy, until you made us your enemy. We were neutral to this conflict and intent on reaming so until it's inevitable conclusion. 

You're strongly tied to the opposing force of this conflict. Why are you surprised that you were dragged into it? Odd Squad is basically UPN Lite. Your color schemes are even the same.

SK didn't ask to be dragged into UPN's conflict with tS, but they were still blitzed. All's fair in love & war.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Thanks for the explanation guys!

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I'm not putting any moral judgement in my questions, I just think it's an interesting change of the nature of formal protection. I mean, if this will be a common occurrence from now then what will happen with alliances like arrgh and the syndicates line of business? I guess it's not that much of a change really, but it's still interesting since it wasn't mentioned that much in the proxy war as far as I remember.

I think many alliances wouldn't do the practice based perhaps on "morales", being friendly with the protectorate, or simply to not expand the conflict. Mensa has obliterated BoC and can spare some forces on other targets, and with the protectorate Bloc being such soft targets there you go. Arrgh were doing the same though it wasn't as widespread, might not have been official policy, and especially now that they have other things to deal with.

I think many alliances wouldn't do the practice based perhaps on "morales", being friendly with the protectorate, or simply to not expand the conflict. Mensa has obliterated BoC and can spare some forces on other targets, and with the protectorate Bloc being such soft targets there you go. Arrgh were doing the same though it wasn't as widespread, might not have been official policy, and especially now that they have other things to deal with.

I can totally see a point in wrecking someone's protectorates to ruin their rebuilding after the war is over, but that has a risk of making one seem quite ruthless in a bad way.

But if what Partisan says is true (which I don't see a reason to doubt) then that changes the situation completely. There's more ways to make yourself in to a target than just declaring war.

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I can totally see a point in wrecking someone's protectorates to ruin their rebuilding after the war is over, but that has a risk of making one seem quite ruthless in a bad way.

But if what Partisan says is true (which I don't see a reason to doubt) then that changes the situation completely. There's more ways to make yourself in to a target than just declaring war.

If you don't want your protectorates wrecked, then don't declare wars against the friend of a friend. Especially if you're not prepared for the war in the first place. I don't see it as ruthless, really. But then again, MENSA-folk are cold heartless bastards.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Happy to explain :)

The leaks we received before the war started (re: Odd Squad) came in the form of Screenshots- which is verifiable enough to me. The intel we received in the past few days (Re: protectorates getting ready to go in) came in the form of trusted sources (same sources as the screenshots). Provided our trust in said sources, we decided to act on it.

You are right that it can make you seem 'ruthless' in a way. But frankly, when it comes to fighting a defensive war that is for all accounts and purposes a war of survival, we *are* ruthless. :P

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Honestly, right now you're both looking better publicly than your enemies. Like a Nicki Minaj to a Miley Cyrus.

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and answer this. Prior to when the war started, we received leaks of Odd Squad looking to attack tS' protectorates in the event UPN were to fight the Syndicate (regardless of whether they entered). The leaks portrayed it as if UPN had neither given the ok nor told them off (yet). The logs also showed intent for Odd Squad to enter the war in 'the second wave'. The intent from Odd Squad to enter was certainly there at the time. Whether this intent flipped to reluctance when the war went south, is up for debate.

Fast forward to the past few days: We received intel of UPN protectorates intentions to enter the fray on the side of UPN.

Now, keep the following in mind:

- We already had intel that Odd Squad (one of UPN's protectorates) had shown intent to attack Syndicate Protectorates and/or The Syndicate.

- When we received intel regarding UPN attacking us earlier last week, we decided to take a 'wait and see' approach, while working diplomatic channels. This ended up in an aggressive war being launched upon us. 

We decided not to afford UPN's protectorates the first-strike advantage, and the chance to actually deal damage to our side/complicate our war effort. I realize that there may have been a few alliances within the protectorated bloc, who had no intention of entering. While we regret that they had to endure an attack, it is the unfortunate result of the actions of the alliances they have surrounded themselves with. We do wish those who wish to remain uninvolved (and have thus laid down their arms) the best of luck with rebuilding, and all the best.

I hope this clarifies our decision for you.

Mensa told us straight off the bat that they will be attacking our protectorates.

But I see what you did there.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Happy to explain :)

The leaks we received before the war started (re: Odd Squad) came in the form of Screenshots- which is verifiable enough to me. The intel we received in the past few days (Re: protectorates getting ready to go in) came in the form of trusted sources (same sources as the screenshots). Provided our trust in said sources, we decided to act on it.

You are right that it can make you seem 'ruthless' in a way. But frankly, when it comes to fighting a defensive war that is for all accounts and purposes a war of survival, we *are* ruthless. :P

I don't know what these leaks are you're on about but I assure you that there was no intention whatsoever for Odd Squad or any member of the SALUS bloc to get involved in this war. UPN even made I explicitly clear that they did not need or want our intervention in this conflict. We were merely intent on war profiteering until we were attacked suddenly and without any prior warning or attempts at communication by Mensa HQ.

• Upvote 1
ztt5Wgs.png

I don't know what these leaks are you're on about but I assure you that there was no intention whatsoever for Odd Squad or any member of the SALUS bloc to get involved in this war. UPN even made I explicitly clear that they did not need or want our intervention in this conflict. We were merely intent on war profiteering until we were attacked suddenly and without any prior warning or attempts at communication by Mensa HQ.

You are wasting your time trying to explain the situation to the circlejerk that are lying through their teeth. 

• Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN