Should we boycott the debate forum?

The Weederlands

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/912-flamingcallout-rules-as-related-to-the-debate-forum/

Personally, I think Lambda is absolutely based and completely right. It's not about not being able to say anything nice then staying quiet: you should be able to say things that others consider offensive so long as they aren't offensive by a more objectivized standard. If I find every word the mods say offensive because I say so, then all mods should be banned. 

It also undermines the whole point of a debate if moderation with regards to debate isn't reluctant to ban, because with every ban comes the ban of an opinion. You should only ban those posts that are clearly, without a shadow of a doubt offensive, and banning anything in the grey area sets you on a path that's absolutely terrible for any online forum. Lambda's posts are definitely not among 'clearly offensive'.

Therefore, I support the boycott of the debate forum. Let's discuss our opinion of the boycott and its reasons here.

• Upvote 4

'Boy vey, it's another cott! The goyim know! Shut it down!' - Unkajo

If you want to boycott it, feel free to do so. My opinion on it: rather childish. Lambda called me e.g. a moron, and although I ignore other people's personal opinion about me (not about my ideas, comments,...) and think she can say whatever she wants, there are those tricky forum rules that you accepted when you registered, which in this case say calling someone a moron is not welcomed. Altogether, this escalated quickly.

1: if you didnt care about others opinions, you wouldnt be so anal about enforcing the rule, complaining that you were called a moron and calling us childish for boycotting. You are making it escalate yourself.

2: Our very point is that the rule is wrong, at least misenforced. A significant degree of leniency should be allowed in internet debates. Subsequently, lambda doesnt think she (?) should be allowed to say everything, that's strawman as !@#$. Lambda thinks the phrases used were okay.

3: Lambda says the warning was for the phrase 'with utter disgust and contempt' with regards to some persons opinion. 

'Boy vey, it's another cott! The goyim know! Shut it down!' - Unkajo

Even in the debate sub-forum, rules must be enforced. If someone makes a blatantly discriminating statement (ex. "Hitler was right! Kill all the jews!") or insults another user(s) then they are not debating, they are trolling and trolls must be eliminated. Now I do think there is some moderation abuse, but at the same time I think there is not enough moderation. I personally believe that if a debate topic goes off course for no reason whatsoever, and it is clear that it isn't going to go back to the topic at hand, then it should be locked (Ie. the "Being Governor before President?" thread should have been locked after it became a discussion on welfare)

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Even in the debate sub-forum, rules must be enforced. If someone makes a blatantly discriminating statement (ex. "Hitler was right! Kill all the jews!") or insults another user(s) then they are not debating, they are trolling and trolls must be eliminated. Now I do think there is some moderation abuse, but at the same time I think there is not enough moderation. I personally believe that if a debate topic goes off course for no reason whatsoever, and it is clear that it isn't going to go back to the topic at hand, then it should be locked (Ie. the "Being Governor before President?" thread should have been locked after it became a discussion on welfare)

What if i said "hitler was right! Kill all the jews!" and then supported my statement with evidence from trusted sources? would that still blatant trolling?

• Upvote 1

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg