a Statment from Hansarius and the United Purple Nations

Ole

I am aware. And at that point BK was not considering cancelling on either Rose or UPN, to my knowledge. So you showed a desire to attack an ally of an ally, and signed a treaty with Mensa to further their agenda in that. And also actively pushed for a war on us -- who also shared a mutual ally in BK. So what were you saying about never having intentions to attack allies of allies? Sounds to me like it's not much of a consideration for you at all.

But they never did it, so your point is moot.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I am aware. And at that point BK was not considering cancelling on either Rose or UPN, to my knowledge. So you showed a desire to attack an ally of an ally, and signed a treaty with Mensa to further their agenda in that. And also actively pushed for a war on us -- who also shared a mutual ally in BK. So what were you saying about never having intentions to attack allies of allies? Sounds to me like it's not much of a consideration for you at all.

Okay fine you're right, never once did we consider that we would be hypocrites about attacking allies of allies. Nah, we'd just go around attacking people when we have mutual allies willy-nilly if it weren't for other people holding us back.

Or perhaps lobbying was a part of the "plan". Which seems to be more in line with our m.o?

It's door number 2.

I had to put "plan" in quotation marks because you seem to be vastly overestimating the extent to which any of this talk had any substantiation. As one of the people who would have had to sign off on this stuff since Partisan is not a dictator, I can tell you with certainty, it wasn't there.

Regarding the log dumps: I asked Partisan to share the logs. If you and VE want to drag our name through the mud publicly, that's fine, but if we're gonna be open about this stuff we're going to be OPEN about it. No sense in holding back when you're trying both to roll us and have our reputation hanged.

Edited by Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 1

Well in the last war BoC was set to attack TEst and like 24 hours before launch, we were told (by Impero iirc?)TEst didn't want to be attacked and switched to VE side

just sayin

You realize they switched due to issues with SK right? It was literally posted everywhere.

q8nfyvc.gif

I get drunk for 2 days and the world goes to war :|

At least TC is doing things, that is what we have asked for right? :P

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

You realize they switched due to issues with SK right? It was literally posted everywhere.

I'm really just waiting for TC to throw a massive chunk of cash at TEst so they'll attack SK again. :ph34r:

I get drunk for 2 days and the world goes to war :|

At least TC is doing things, that is what we have asked for right? :P

I was actually here this time! \o/
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

So it's settled, this is in fact a brilliant political move.

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

I just realized UPN also is allied to BK.

i'm going to die of laughter.

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

@Saru

If every alliance were to roll every other alliance that plotted against them in the past or present, life on Orbis would be a lot more hectic. The irony of this whole situation is that t$ as a group doesn't harbor any animosity against UPN and has little to no interest in attacking you, but by attacking us you have essentially made us hostile towards you. We were never a threat to you until you decided that we were.

As far as I'm concerned, UPN lost more by declaring this war in the first place than t$ could ever lose by being defeated in it.

Good luck with your new ally, let's see how long it takes before Impero begins talking about "what's best for UPN".

Edited by Big Brother
  • Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

@Saru

If every alliance were to roll every other alliance that plotted against them... in the present, life on Orbis would be a lot more hectic. 

Is that such a bad thing?

As for the rest of your post, we have already established that you guys outright lied to us the last time you were plotting against us, and explicitly told us you had no intentions of doing so. So instead of listening to the words of those who we feel we cannot trust, we decided to act on several datapoints. Some of which are public, because they were moves made by tS, and other pieces which we have been asked to keep confidential.

All I can say is that we were confident that you guys would come for us in the future, and decided to do it in our terms, rather than let you do it on yours.

Anyway I feel like a broken record repeating the same stuff over and over, so i'll try my best to resist the temptation to do it again once I wake up.  :lol:

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It would be good for game activity that's for sure, but as a basis for and reasoning behind ramping up your allies and declaring war on three separate alliances, it's pretty thin.

(I take my last post back :v)

Is it thinner than your justification for attempting to get us attacked awhile back? I don't think so. But I guess it ultimately comes down to a matter of perspective.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I think the greatest political achievement was just getting VE to believe the lie that you weren't the ones that got VE rolled last war by okaying the Mensa attacks on VE's ally.

VE is smart so I have no idea how you did it, but kudos.

• Upvote 3

(I take my last post back :v)

Is it thinner than your justification for attempting to get us attacked awhile back? I don't think so. But I guess it ultimately comes down to a matter of perspective.

You are most definitely right about perspective.

But regardless, if this move was made to rid yourself of a threat it has backfired horrendously and done the exact opposite of what was intended. This war is pointless, and no one will gain much of anything from it except entertainment value. You might get the chance to hit us on your terms now, but we will inevitably get the chance to do the same to you at some point in the future. Whether we'd seize the opportunity or not, we can only speculate about.

Even now I see little value in pursuing hostile relations with UPN, although I do wish you'd stop making these ludicrous political decisions.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I think the greatest political achievement was just getting VE to believe the lie that you weren't the ones that got VE rolled last war by okaying the Mensa attacks on VE's ally.

rDbbngf.gif

Something that the Syndicate have done themselves in the past. So atleast stay consistent when applying some sort of moral judgement.

Now I judge every situation on a case by case basis, and don't think attacking an ally of an ally is inherently wrong. Provided there is valid reasoning behind it. Now we can argue about whether you agree with the validity or that reasoning. But putting it down to "you attacked an ally of an ally so you are bad" is a lazy troll attempt, particularly when you have done the same.

Uhh what. No. No we have not.

The $yndicate has fought the following wars:

- Declaration of war on FSA, over raids (early existence) --> No mutual allies.

- Declaration of War on Guardian, in defense of VE --> No mutual allies. Response to an aggressive move.

- Defensive war against Rose --> Rose declared on tS/Pre-empted us in a war which was initially not about us. Mutual ally BK was disregarded in the process

- Defensive war against UPN --> UPN declared on us, screwing mutual allies Mensa and BK over in the process.

I mean, you don't see me arguing with you about the 'hitting an ally of an ally' issue. But let's try to keep the facts straights here, Saru.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Everyone should know by now that VE just has Stockholm Syndrome.

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

You might get the chance to hit us on your terms now, but we will inevitably get the chance to do the same to you at some point in the future. Whether we'd seize the opportunity or not, we can only speculate about.

You see, the key to this war for UPN/DEIC/BoC is making sure it burns red hot for at least a month.

Allowing ample time for prices to skyrocket to were they are most profitable.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

I will refrain from doing what your leader did and log dumping, particularly when the people haven't consented. But let's just say that the Mensa-tS treaty largely came about down to tS's desire to hit Rose at some point (which was their commonality), and don't be that naive as to think that tS weren't in the planning backchannels on the war on Paragon. And the former isn't me with my own analysis, it is directly what was said to me by the people involved in signing the treaty.

Yes, yes. tS had a split with VE, then signed with Mensa in hopes of aiming its guns at Rose (???????), while UPN was still pissed at us and BK was still allied to Rose.

The Mensa-tS treaty largely came about because of a mutual desire to form a new, third sphere (and tS' desire to move away from Paragon). The relationship was especially solidified when Mensa offered us a hand while certain allies were - from what we gather - dropping us and/or rolling us/letting us get rolled.

This 'desire to hit Rose' is false. We did recognize that upon our departure, we may be hit by a coalition consisting of Paragon (Rose included, likely dragged in by its hair by VE) or the Covenant, or both. That is what we prepared for and expected. Instead, we have now fought both in succession.

So was I after Covenant, or after Rose? Which is it? Or are you going to claim I was after everyone at the same time, with the niche sphere I had at the time? Come on man, this is getting ridiculous.

'Backroom channels' also include spin. Something tells me that you have been feeding into an unhealthy dose of paranoia lately. The leaks were incriminating with regards to my (our) intentions towards you at that time. I will not refute that. But you are vastly overestimating our malice.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

• G'Kar locked this topic