10/15/2015 - Color Stock Bonus Change

Alex

Again, it's easier to have someone beige you all the time than to put up with this bull shit.

Edited by Ashwyn Traverse
  • Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

^Elaborate. How exactly do you believe getting beiged in a war, in which you have to take 6 ground attacks, only to get 5% bonus to your gross income, as profitable?

At your infra level, just taking measly 100 infra damage would cost you $1,689,799, counting autocracy government bonus. Can you get that much with only 5% stock bonus under 5 days?

Or... we all move to the same color and everyone gets a 7.5% color bonus (based on current numbers)

Then everyone will have to merge for that to work. The way the formula works, treasures' effect on the color stock is capped at 10% before being reduced by each qualifying alliance minus one. A color can have all the treasures in the world, but it will get 0% stock bonus if there are 21 alliances on that one color. Right now there are 44 qualifying alliances.

UedhRvY.png

Then everyone will have to merge for that to work. The way the formula works, treasures' effect on the color stock is capped at 10% before being reduced by each qualifying alliance minus one. A color can have all the treasures in the world, but it will get 0% stock bonus if there are 21 alliances on that one color. Right now there are 44 qualifying alliances.

Ah, you're right.  I just looked at the formula and didn't see the MIN was [0].1 and not 1.

• Administrators

Eh, like I said, people will gripe about reduced income, but in my opinion this change has been a good one thus far. People are upset, and perhaps eyeing each other with some animosity over the treasures  :rolleyes:

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

is there an option to forfeit treasures or do they have to be taken forcefully? i'm not looking to trade them or profit off them in any other way than what they were designed for - i just dont want them

The odds of you receiving one is slim to none. I'm not sure what the range is exactly off the top of my head, but their are only 30 of them and they spawn in a score range of medium tier nations. You're one of some 4000+ nations, the odds of you getting one (even x30) is incredibly low.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The range is 1/6 - 4/6 of the highest score iirc. Right now that would mean anyone between 671 NS - 2686 NS... which is a lot of people. I imagine the range would go down as soon as the top nations demilitarized after the war concludes.

UedhRvY.png

im a sucker for probability. assuming 4000 nations:

1/4000 is my chance at winning one drawing. 3999/4000 is my chance at losing.

since there are 30 drawings, i would need to NOT win in the 1st draw AND the 2nd draw AND the 3rd etc

im assuming that this draw is independent (nations can win more than 1), so this would be (3999/4000)^30 == 99.253% chance i lose each month

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267

• Upvote 1

^Elaborate. How exactly do you believe getting beiged in a war, in which you have to take 6 ground attacks, only to get 5% bonus to your gross income, as profitable?

At your infra level, just taking measly 100 infra damage would cost you $1,689,799, counting autocracy government bonus. Can you get that much with only 5% stock bonus under 5 days?

Demilitarize your soldiers, and your tanks, have someone go at you with 15000 soldiers, they will do minimal damage, you will not only profit from less military, but you will also profit even from the very subtle damage, ask a question that isn't obvious...

• Upvote 1

gr9klsS.png

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• Administrators

We have treasures?

Yup! There's even a neat Leaderboards page for them, that shows when they last respawned, and who possesses them. 

https://politicsandwar.com/leaderboards/display=treasures

Forums Rules | Game Link

Demilitarize your soldiers, and your tanks, have someone go at you with 15000 soldiers, they will do minimal damage, you will not only profit from less military, but you will also profit even from the very subtle damage, ask a question that isn't obvious...

In case you missed the memo, 15000 soldiers will still deal 20+ infra damage on immense triumph (unless you can give me an actual example where it deal less). Times 6, that's already a lot more cash lost in infra damage than what you can earn in 5 days of beige :v

Unless you somehow have magical treasures that aren't visible on your nation page, I can confidently say you're not going to profit in anything

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

Now that's just not true at all. This has been worked on over the course of several weeks, tested for several days without issues, and obviously no one is happy about losing some income but I'm interested in what's best for the game, not just your nation.

Exactly how is this better for the game?

All I see happening is an update that's trying to push a minor, kind of nice feature to have, to the forefront for no good reason.  I'd be ok sacrificing income if it was genuinely better, but no where in this update thread has it been explained precisely why this is the case or if it is at all.  The only thing that's likely to be accomplished is that donations become more attractive, which is actually terrible for the game.

Edited by HM Solomon I
  • Upvote 1

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

• Administrators

Exactly how is this better for the game?

All I see happening is an update that's trying to push a minor, kind of nice feature to have, to the forefront for no good reason.  I'd be ok sacrificing income if it was genuinely better, but no where in this update thread has it been explained precisely why this is the case or if it is at all.  The only thing that's likely to be accomplished is that donations become more attractive, which is actually terrible for the game.

Reasons for this change include:

• Decreased income decreases global inflation
  • You're not just getting free money anymore, it's now a more dynamic, strategic system involving treasures
  • The focus is shifted away from Color Stock Bonus entirely, and onto a new bonus: Alliance Treasure Bonus. Gives alliances an incentive to fight for treasures. Already we're seeing wars within a day of this change (a little sarcasm here)
  • It solves two problems with broken mechanics of Treasures and Color Stock Bonus
  • It simplifies the system in a way that is far easier to understand
  • Provides alliances more incentive to spread out among the colors
  • Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

In case you missed the memo, 15000 soldiers will still deal 20+ infra damage on immense triumph (unless you can give me an actual example where it deal less). Times 6, that's already a lot more cash lost in infra damage than what you can earn in 5 days of beige :v

Unless you somehow have magical treasures that aren't visible on your nation page, I can confidently say you're not going to profit in anything

When you aren't at war, we can test it if you'd like?

When you aren't at war, we can test it if you'd like?

We can do it right now if you feel like it :3

But really, the numbers and formulas for infra and gross revenue are all there. If you ever doubt it, feel free to ask Sheepy or baring that I'd love to give you my full detailed answer

UedhRvY.png

A coincidence I guess a major update during a major war. To the next major war, expect a major unfavorable changes like this I guess for the aggressor or the aggrieved? hmmm.

The changes happened before the war broke out.

• Upvote 2

• Jax locked this topic