10/15/2015 - Color Stock Bonus Change

Alex

• Administrators

Hey everyone! Here's a great enhancement to the game, tying up a couple of loose ends and improving the game mechanics as a whole. This change is in regard to Color Stock Bonus, and a new bonus that's been added called the Alliance Treasure Bonus. Both have great, informative P&WPedia articles that you can read if you have any questions about either. Now let me explain this change:

Under this new system, Color Stock Bonus has one variable that increases it, and one variable that decreases it. What increases your color stock bonus is the number of treasures held by nations on a color. For each treasure held by a nation on a color, that color sees a 1% increase in Color Stock Bonus. This is capped at a maximum of 10%.

For example, if there are 5 treasures held on the Yellow color, then Yellow has a gross Color Stock Bonus of 5%.

There is a penalizing factor to Color Stock Bonus, and that's the number of alliances (with a score greater than the largest nation in the game) on that color, less one. For each qualifying alliance after the first one, a -0.5% penalty comes into effect. Here's the formula for all of this:

Color Stock Bonus = MAX(MIN((Treasures on Color/100),.1) - ((Qualifying Alliances-1) * 0.005),0)

So, if Yellow has 5 treasures, and 3 qualifying alliances, they have a Color Stock Bonus of (5*1)-((3-1)*0.5) = 4%

It's a simple and straightforward system. Now, that we know how a Color Stock Bonus is calculated, who receives the bonus?

Nations that receive this bonus (to their gross income) are:

• Nations not in an alliance that have that color
  • Nations that have that color and are in an alliance of the same color

An example of a nation that would not get a Color Stock Bonus is a yellow nation in a green alliance. They get neither the yellow Color Stock Bonus, nor the green Color Stock Bonus.

Beige nations always get a 5% bonus regardless of whether they're in an alliance or not. Gray nations never receive any bonus.

---

Okay, great, so you understand how Color Stock Bonus has been changed. However, that's not the whole picture. There's a new bonus that's been added as well: Alliance Treasure Bonus

For each nation in an alliance that holds a treasure, all nations (not including applicants) in the alliance will receive an income bonus directly proportional to the number of Treasures held. The formula for this is:

Alliance Treasure Bonus = (Treasures In Alliance) * 2

Each Treasure increases the bonus by 2%. There is no cap on this bonus. So, for an example, Alliance A has 3 nations with 1 treasure each. Their Alliance Treasure Bonus is 6%. All nations in Alliance A that are on the same color as their alliance (not including applicants) receive a 6% bonus to their income. Beige and Gray nations get no Alliance Treasure Bonus.

---

On the revenue page, both of these bonuses are displayed, and a new row called "Cumulative Bonus" has been added to see the total bonus you receive to your income. I also have hidden the Approval Rating change listed on the Revenue page, though it still exists.

For more information on each of these Bonuses, I've written up P&WPedia articles: Alliance Treasure Bonus and Color Stock Bonus

---

Treasures still provide a nation bonus like before, and are transferred between nations when one nation is defeated in war. Half of the 30 treasures automatically respawn every 30 days in new nations.

---

Also of note, we've got some neat emojis you can now use in your in-game messages, as well as a fancy Halloween themed logo!

Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Welp, time to go start a world war. It's what sheepy wants.

Edit: Also, we still have some hidden emoji triggers to find.

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Hey everyone! Here's a great enhancement to the game, tying up a couple of loose ends and improving the game mechanics as a whole. This change is in regard to Color Stock Bonus, and a new bonus that's been added called the Alliance Treasure Bonus. Both have great, informative P&WPedia articles that you can read if you have any questions about either. Now let me explain this change:

Under this new system, Color Stock Bonus has one variable that increases it, and one variable that decreases it. What increases your color stock bonus is the number of treasures held by nations on a color. For each treasure held by a nation on a color, that color sees a 1% increase in Color Stock Bonus. This is capped at a maximum of 10%.

For example, if there are 5 treasures held on the Yellow color, then Yellow has a gross Color Stock Bonus of 5%.

There is a penalizing factor to Color Stock Bonus, and that's the number of alliances (with a score greater than the largest nation in the game) on that color, less one. For each qualifying alliance after the first one, a -0.5% penalty comes into effect. Here's the formula for all of this:

Color Stock Bonus = MAX(MIN((Treasures on Color/100),.1) - ((Qualifying Alliances-1) * 0.005),0)

So, if Yellow has 5 treasures, and 3 qualifying alliances, they have a Color Stock Bonus of (5*1)-((3-1)*0.5) = 4%

It's a simple and straightforward system. Now, that we know how a Color Stock Bonus is calculated, who receives the bonus?

Nations that receive this bonus (to their gross income) are:

• Nations not in an alliance that have that color
  • Nations that have that color and are in an alliance of the same color

An example of a nation that would not get a Color Stock Bonus is a yellow nation in a green alliance. They get neither the yellow Color Stock Bonus, nor the green Color Stock Bonus.

Beige nations always get a 5% bonus regardless of whether they're in an alliance or not. Gray nations never receive any bonus.

---

Okay, great, so you understand how Color Stock Bonus has been changed. However, that's not the whole picture. There's a new bonus that's been added as well: Alliance Treasure Bonus

For each nation in an alliance that holds a treasure, all nations (not including applicants) in the alliance will receive an income bonus directly proportional to the number of Treasures held. The formula for this is:

Alliance Treasure Bonus = (Treasures In Alliance) * 2

Each Treasure increases the bonus by 2%. There is no cap on this bonus. So, for an example, Alliance A has 3 nations with 1 treasure each. Their Alliance Treasure Bonus is 6%. All nations in Alliance A that are on the same color as their alliance (not including applicants) receive a 6% bonus to their income. Beige and Gray nations get no Alliance Treasure Bonus.

---

On the revenue page, both of these bonuses are displayed, and a new row called "Cumulative Bonus" has been added to see the total bonus you receive to your income. I also have hidden the Approval Rating change listed on the Revenue page, though it still exists.

For more information on each of these Bonuses, I've written up P&WPedia articles: Alliance Treasure Bonus and Color Stock Bonus

---

Treasures still provide a nation bonus like before, and are transferred between nations when one nation is defeated in war. Half of the 30 treasures automatically respawn every 30 days in new nations.

---

Also of note, we've got some neat emojis you can now use in your in-game messages, as well as a fancy Halloween themed logo!

Enjoy!

Not getting a bonus and we have someone with treasure. GG

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

• Administrators

Not getting a bonus and we have someone with treasure. GG

Yeah. I notice the alliance show treassure bonus 2% but when i check my revenue page. alliance treassure bonus nil

My apologies, I missed one small step in updating things and the old formulas were being displayed. All better now.

OhBoyHereWeGo.gif

The percentage on the revenue page is yet to be updated :ph34r:

The emojis right not are displayed a little too big on the message page. Can you make them smaller?

Just a matter of caching the CSS page. Try an F5 refresh. They're not supposed to be large like you're seeing them.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Refreshing works! The emojis look goofy as hell but still usable :P

There are some extra hidden emoji codes as well, that will turn into images but aren't listed ;)

Forums Rules | Game Link

blame cynic.

#RollCynic2015

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Jax locked this topic