Fallout 4

Arthur Wellington

I agree the game is 6/10. Its a good game, but falls short on a lot of things. I feel like its nothing but simply a  shooting gallery. 

What does it fall short on? The world and environment is fantastic and gives you a proper feel for the nuclear wasteland, the music is A+, there's lots and lots of lore, you can customize weapons, armor, build settlements, gather companions and so on. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but when I play it I get a real good vibe, just walking around in the Commonwealth is quite an experience on its own.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

It's a shooter game, not an rpg. There were no interesting enemies or factions, except for the brotherhood (of course). The fact that it markets itself as an open world role-playing game, and not an open world shooter game is an insult to actually good roleplaying games with shooter elements like borderlands or even Deus Ex games. There is plenty of lore, however there's an over saturation of uninteresting tidbits. Customisation is a given in any game nowadays, especially those which advertise themselves as roleplaying. Ghost recon future soldier had an amazing weapon customisation workshop, but that doesn't exactly make it a great game. When I played the game it didn't feel like anything special, but that is personal bias. Like I definitely feel like dishonoured is a special game, I feel like the banner saga is a special game, this just isn't. There's plenty to fault. The worst part is it's not even 60fps on console, unbelievable.

It all comes down to personal taste in the end but if someone buys Fallout 4 expecting an RPG like KoTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age or The Witcher, that's the customers fault not the game's. Any gameplay trailer will show you that at least 90% of Fallout is running around, shooting people. If you somehow spend your money and fail to notice that, you only have yourself to blame. People just need to learn to not always trust marketing. I like all the factions and customization is indeed in a lot of games nowadays but I feel like it's something a lot of people take for granted. In fact a lot of things about newer games seem to be taken for granted just because the standard of most major games are pretty high these days. Sure, every game has this and that feature but I remember a time when video games were much, much simpler. I mean, there are some games that are so bad, just the epitome of shitty, they don't have anything good in them. On the scale of the worst games I'm aware of to the best games I've ever played, Fallout 4 does pretty good. I honestly don't care much for technical details like FPS, if it looks good, plays good, sounds good and entertains me, it's good.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

It's a shooter game, not an rpg. There were no interesting enemies or factions, except for the brotherhood (of course). The fact that it markets itself as an open world role-playing game, and not an open world shooter game is an insult to actually good roleplaying games with shooter elements like borderlands or even Deus Ex games. There is plenty of lore, however there's an over saturation of uninteresting tidbits. Customisation is a given in any game nowadays, especially those which advertise themselves as roleplaying. Ghost recon future soldier had an amazing weapon customisation workshop, but that doesn't exactly make it a great game. When I played the game it didn't feel like anything special, but that is personal bias. Like I definitely feel like dishonoured is a special game, I feel like the banner saga is a special game, this just isn't. There's plenty to fault. The worst part is it's not even 60fps on console, unbelievable.

Have you ever played Fallout before 4? I'm sorry to say that the game has never really been a true RPG. It's either been an Isometric Turned based strategy, or a shooter centering around dialogue. Idk where these notions of "Shitty RPG" keep coming from, you just said that Dishonoured was a special game... Compared to what? There is about a gillion "stealth" based games now and days, Likkkeeeee all of the Assasin creed games that try to play off a "story" or the Deus ex games (which I actually like), or the 4,000 indie games that use the same basis. Quite frankly I enjoyed the new Dishonoured, yes, but it was literally just the 1st one tit-for-tat save for a new coat of paint on all the enemies.

Fallout 4 wasn't promising a ground breaking new thing, it was promising a prettier Fallout Franchise (which quite frankly it did) the shooter dynamic that it had before was better refined, the fact that they added in more Sand-box aspects (which has always been their bread-and-buter) was amazing, and No interesting Factions?.... They literally had actual factions aside from the usual two that comes from any of their games (save from New Vegas which was a great game). God forbid that there be a more interesting Faction than the Brotherhood (which I've hated their ignorant asses since Fallout 2 to be frank). Institute was definitely an interesting faction in F4 as it wasn't some shoddy crap faction where everything was rusted, The Railroad was also interesting as it's point was to make players think about their actions as to whether killing artificial peeps was good or bad (even though the Railroad was a handful of morons).

Twas a good game, you shouldn't call it shit because you don't have an interest in it. Many people think that The Banner Saga is shit (I don't really care for it) but I wouldn't knock it because I don't like it.

Plus... Liking the brotherhood?

vxjm5.jpg

d0r0WcS.gif