Saudi Arabia Named Head of Human Rights Council

MRBOOTY

I guess it's too much to ask, to expect people to have read the previous page, but it's cool.

Sweetie, not everyone who drinks becomes drunk. There is a profound difference. Drinking fermented wine != being drunk, you would know if you tried it sometime.

" When the steward of the feast tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from: the steward of the feast called the bridegroom, and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first; and when men have drunk freely, then the poor wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.†John 2: 10, 11.

"Have drunk freely" means that they drank without reservation.

If you sip at your drink It means you are being reserved and taking it slow. If you swig it down and ask for more you're not being reserved, you're drinking freely, and only once you have done so could you say that you "have drunk freely".

Doing this with leavened wine will undoubtedly get you drunk (as in intoxicated), which as we know is a sin.

ztt5Wgs.png

Doing this with leavened wine will undoubtedly get you drunk (as in intoxicated), which as we know is a sin.

There's no such thing as leavened wine. Wine is aged long after the carbonation has dissipated. Unless you maybe mean champagne? But it's doubtful that it was around in biblical times.

There's no such thing as leavened wine. Wine is aged long after the carbonation has dissipated. Unless you maybe mean champagne? But it's doubtful that it was around in biblical times.

"Leavened" as in "fermented". I would appreciate it if you would kindly respond to my post or accept the argument of Samuele Bacchiocchi (REF: S. Bacchiocchi. The Sobering Facts About New Testament Wine, Signs of the Times, January 1990, pp. 3-5 ) who says that "good wine" does not mean that it has a high alcoholic content.

He further states that the words “have drunk freely†does not mean that they were intoxicated from an overuse of fermented wine. According to Bacchiocchi the wine†used in the wedding at Cana was unfermented grape juice and that the Jews at that time knew how to preserve unfermented grape juice through the year. The expression “have drunk freelyâ€, he says, “is used in the sense of satiation. It refers simply to the large quantity of wine generally consumed at a feast, without any reference to its intoxicating effects.â€

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

"Leavened" as in "fermented". I would appreciate it if you would kindly respond to my post or accept the argument of Samuele Bacchiocchi (REF: S. Bacchiocchi. The Sobering Facts About New Testament Wine, Signs of the Times, January 1990, pp. 3-5 ) who says that "good wine" does not mean that it has a high alcoholic content.

He further states that the words “have drunk freely†does not mean that they were intoxicated from an overuse of fermented wine. According to Bacchiocchi the wine†used in the wedding at Cana was unfermented grape juice and that the Jews at that time knew how to preserve unfermented grape juice through the year. The expression “have drunk freelyâ€, he says, “is used in the sense of satiation. It refers simply to the large quantity of wine generally consumed at a feast, without any reference to its intoxicating effects.â€

Good wine likely means that it's not spoiled, ie fermented but not vinegar. You can't really store grape juice pre-refrigeration without yeast. IDC what S. Bacchiocchi says, the ancient jews didn't have sodium benzoate.

Good wine likely means that it's not spoiled, ie fermented but not vinegar. You can't really store grape juice pre-refrigeration without yeast. IDC what S. Bacchiocchi says, the ancient jews didn't have sodium benzoate.

"In comparison to preserving fermented wine, the keeping of grape juice from fermenting was a relatively simple process. It was accomplished simply by boiling the juice down to a syrup, or by separating the fermentable pulp from the juice of the grape by means of filtration, or by placing the grape juice in sealed jars which were immersed in a pool of cold water, or by fumigating with sulphur the wine jars before sealing them. The use of such techniques clearly indicates that the means of preserving grape juice without fermentation were known and used in the ancient world." [source]

ztt5Wgs.png

You crazy cats and your crazy religions :P

As far as I'm concerned this logic dictates that anybody who ever existed before these religions where founded must be burning in hell right now.

And for people such as myself, a bastard and not baptized are doomed to burn in the firey land of hell.

Your all wrong because you don't see that if God was the almighty creator, you would know he created homosexuals and bastards and adulterers and murderers and alcoholics and sinners and losers.

Moral behavior would determine if you went to heaven or not, not some foolish shit about drinking wine, now I'm doomed!

• Upvote 2

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

That still leaves that fact that you are accusing Jesus of having encouraged and facilitated drunkenness.

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.†[Proverbs 20:1]

“And be not drunk with wine.†[Ephesians 5:18]

...having encouraged a Tradition using an example of bread as a body and wine as blood for the sacrifice of the Eucharistic implementation, no. Islam, according to your interpretation has no undertanding of moderation, whether in drinking or in linguistic hermeneutical comprehension. Even the Muslims I know who refuse to drink alcohol have no issues with non-Muslims who do drink and do not get drunk. The issues from the Christian perspective according to most of the Christian Sects is the temptation to push moderation into drunkenness, even gluttony on wine. Hence the statement of the Letter of St. Paul to the Ephesians you bring up, to not be drunk on wine. If anything was a sin, especially like even having alcohol or using it, tghere would have been a law regarding it in the Torah, which there was not. Only the forbidding of being drunk while entering the Tabernacle and eventually the Temple.

Damn, you are making me debate Religious Festival Traditions and ancient liquor laws when this faith is one I no longer adhere to. I am done, as it says to not throw pearls to the swine.

As far as I'm concerned this logic dictates that anybody who ever existed before these religions where founded must be burning in hell right now.

And for people such as myself, a bastard and not baptized are doomed to burn in the firey land of hell.

Your all wrong because you don't see that if God was the almighty creator, you would know he created homosexuals and bastards and adulterers and murderers and alcoholics and sinners and losers.

Moral behavior would determine if you went to heaven or not, not some foolish shit about drinking wine, now I'm doomed!

According to the traditions involved in the Debate, supposedly "mercy" is given to those who have not witnessed nor experienced the fulness of these faiths, nor a good example of said fulness. So pretty much everyone is excused in the US and Europe, as there is no good example of Christ nor Islam on either of these Continents. :)

• Upvote 1

Again, I am just giving you the Muslim response.

There were thousands of messengers/prophets (their exact numbers are not known with any kind of certainty) that were sent by God to every nation/people since human beings set foot on this earth, but only 25 of them are mentioned by name in the Quran: Adam, Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Heber), Salih (Methusaleh), Lut (Lot), Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Shu’aib (Jethro), Ayyub (Job), Dhulkifl (Ezekiel), Musa (Moses), Harun (Aaron), Dawud (David), Sulayman (Solomon), Ilias (Elias), Alyasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Zakariya (Zachariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), Isa (Jesus), and Muhammad (last prophet).

"And for every nation is a messenger. So when their messenger comes, it will be judged between them in justice, and they will not be wronged." (Quran 10:47)

"And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut (anything or anyone that is worshiped besides Allah)." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers." (Quran 16:36)

"And We have already sent messengers before you. Among them are those [whose stories] We have related to you, and among them are those [whose stories] We have not related to you. And it was not for any messenger to bring a sign [or verse] except by permission of Allah . So when the command of Allah comes, it will be concluded in truth, and the falsifiers will thereupon lose [all]." (Quran 40:78)

So basically everyone, prior to the advent of Islam, will be judged based on how they followed those messengers/prophets that were sent to them.

A child is completely innocent of the sins of the parents (or those of anyone else), and you don't need to be baptised.

1) Even if I agree with you, for the sake of argument, that they were born that way, it is not a sin in itself: The sin is when they make the completely voluntary choice of giving into their desires, and engage in the acts of homosexuality (which spread AIDS/HIV).

2) Children are completely innocent of the sins of their parents (or those of anyone else).

"That no bearer of burdens, will bear the burden of another, and that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives" (Quran 53:38-39)

3) Nobody is born an adulterer, murderer, alcoholic, sinner, or loser.

Moral behaviour certainly will be a big deciding factor, but without God (who transcends human subjectivity) morality is not objective but subjective, and what may seem moral to you may not in fact be moral at all. For example, Hitler and all his followers were fully convinced that what they were doing was completely moral. However, some of us know what they did wasn't moral due to our belief in objective morality. On what grounds would you say that what he was doing at that time was immoral since the German society at that time thought otherwise? You can't, cause for you morality is subjective. Another example, if you and the rest of society were brainwashed today to believe that throwing acid at children in kindergartens (forgive the graphic nature of this example but that was the most utterly immoral thing I could come up with) for fun was moral, since you lack objective morality, what you have been brainwashed to believe suddenly becomes moral.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

Fermentation is caused by microorganisms, in the case of producing drinkable ethanol (wine, beer, liquor) that microorganism is always a species of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). In the case of baking bread, strains of S. cerevisae that produce the most carbon dioxide are preferred for their leavening effect. Wine and Beer yeasts are selected for alcohol tolerance, flocculation, attenuation, temperature tolerance, and byproducts (compounds that alter the flavor). All these yeasts are the same species, and for much of human history were the same strains in their home regions.

Fermentation can also be carried out by Lactobacillales (lactic acid) and Acetobacter (acetic acid). Although by some definitions Acetobacter doesn't ferment since it requires oxygen. Under the more common industrial definition, any useful compound produced by bacteria is done so by "fermentation," which means the huge catalog of modified E. coli strains count as fermenting bacteria.

tl;dr Wine, beer, and bread are all produced by the same organism. You may now return to your regularly scheduled bashing your head against the wall/arguing with Khalifah.

Thanks for setting me straight. My wording was out, I am certain that I have been told/read that different breweries use different strands of yeast to change the flavour of the brew. My father, a biochemist, has told me that you wouldn't use a yeast used for making bread in the making of wine. I will now return to your regularly scheduled bashing your head against the wall with Khalifah. ;)

My own view is that if you have never been told about Jesus and why he is necessary to your salvation then there is no justice in condemning you to hell, I also believe that my God is a god of Justice. If you have heard about Jesus then it is up to you to make an informed decision on the matter. As for the people before Christ we are told that Christ descended to the dead in Hell, carrying all the sins of the world and set them free - the bible mentions peoples shock as the dead were raised on the first Paschal morning along with Christ.

As to a ban on drinking Alcohol, that is unbiblical. Timothy even tells us to drink a small amount of Wine to cure stomach ailments, I am not sure grape juice would have the desired effect as it gives me the squits :wacko:

James makes it very clear that it is not by our works that we are saved but by the grace and strength of Jesus who was both fully human and fully God. We do good deeds because it glorifies God and because helping the poor and needy is right, not because it gains us salvation.

It angers me that Saudi Arabia and it's neighbours are refusing to take in refugees from the Syrian crisis, they are supposed to be a muslim nation and yet they aren't helping the needy and poor, why is this? I think that is what bewilders me most about Saudi Arabia joining the UN.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

UN-HumanRightsCouncil-Cartoon.jpg

As a European im amazed by human rights violations of my own culture and the West but S-A and the Middle East as a whole is so blatently and openly violating the most basic human rights its mind numbing... This makes the UN more and more hard to believe but still our best hope for peace.. So eventough there is much to be done I think not ignoring SA and the ME might be a good way to get more peace for all humans.. But this matter is way too complex to discuss in any meaningfull way in my little post..

• Upvote 1

As a European im amazed by human rights violations of my own culture and the West but S-A and the Middle East as a whole is so blatently and openly violating the most basic human rights its mind numbing... This makes the UN more and more hard to believe but still our best hope for peace.. So eventough there is much to be done I think not ignoring SA and the ME might be a good way to get more peace for all humans.. But this matter is way too complex to discuss in any meaningfull way in my little post..

Cool story Edited by Moreau III
  • Upvote 1

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Tell it again if you have time.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

Saudi Arabia named the Head of Human Rights Council, yet:

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2015/country-chapters/saudi-arabia

Edited by VasiliusKonstantinos

I thought camera phones were banned and they still beheaded people? Human rights? 

http://www.mintpressnews.com/saudi-arabia-beheads-nearly-twice-as-many-people-as-isis-so-far-this-year/208894/

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6133475/ns/world_news/t/saudi-arabia-bans-cell-phone-cameras/

I'll remember to save a shot or two from my next box of ammo. It should help with withdrawing from this planet if the UN ever becomes powerful.  ;)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

America Is Actively Torturing People! What about that do you not understand? #Hypocrites

Misdirection as per usual from you. Instead of bothering with that I'll do what usually shuts you up. Condemn not just your ISIS buddies this time, but also condemn the Saudi family/government for their barbaric acts such as these executions for even the vaguest of reasons. Can you do that?

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 1

America Is Actively Torturing People! What about that do you not understand? #Hypocrites

Lets see here: I completely condemn the US/CIA acts of torture. I have protested and have been detained for protesting against torture among many other acts of terrorism here and abroad by the CIA/US(drones, etc.). I have never voted for anyone who has put our military men and women in danger, who supports interfering with other nations governments, who supports giving US funds to other nations, who supports funding businesses or who supports funding the war on drugs. So if you are calling me out as a hypocrite, I have little more options short of revolution and I am already on our current administration's "aggressive crackdown policy against protesters" list already.

But I am also against crimes against humanity. Saudi Arabia is horrible. Saudi Arabia has done extremely horrible acts against humanity longer than the CIA has been in existence. To deny this, is well- As you say, Hypocritical.

• Upvote 3

Yet another thread ruined by Ibraham.

Edited by Kyubey
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

• 4 weeks later...

Saudi Arabia was just selected to be on the human rights council of the UN. A few things...

The punishment for homosexuality in Saudi Arabia is death.

Saudi Arabia has funded ISIS and extreme Islam around the world and not refuses to take in refugees and clean up the mess they made in Syria.

It is illegal to be Jewish in Saudi Arabia

A man was arrested for protesting the government. He was sentenced to beheading and crucification. 

Saudi diplomats were caught with sex slaves... in multiple countries.

A women was sentenced to be whipped for arguing with a man in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia started a war in Yemen that now has millions of people on the brink of starvation.  

The UN is a joke.

You forgot that women have to cover themselves, can't drive, can't go out in public without a male escort, can't use swimming pools or interact with men they are not related to. Further more, in the majority of rape cases the victim is also punished and sometimes the rapist isn't. In court cases, a woman must have 2 men testify as to her identity, then 4 other men must testify as to the credibility of the first 2. The list goes on and on. Saudi Arabia is a joke and yes, so is the UN.

Hateful Jew   <_<

The punishment for engaging in homosexual acts is death in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

The Torah.

The Torah mentions homosexuality twice in the book of Leviticus (JPS):

.וְ×ֶת-זָכָר, ×œÖ¹× ×ªÖ´×©Ö°×כַּב מִשְ×כְּבֵי ×ִשָּ××” — תּוֹעֵבָה הִו×

Lev. 18:22: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is detestable."

.וְ×Ö´×™×©× ×ֲשֶ×ר יִשְ×כַּב ×ֶת-זָכָר מִשְ×כְּבֵי ×ִשָּ××” — תּוֹעֵבָה עָשׂוּ שְ×× Öµ×™×”Ö¶×. מוֹת יוּמָתוּ; ×“Ö°Ö¼×žÖµ×™×”Ö¶× ×‘Ö¸Ö¼×

Lev. 20:13: "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed a detestable act: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 23:17 tells followers:

"None of the daughters of Israel shall be a kedeshah, nor shall any of the sons of Israel be a kadesh."

If you want more details from the Torah (Interesting read).

Leviticus

20:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 20:2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. 20:3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name. 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not: 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people. 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. 20:8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you. 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. 20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. 20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. 20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. 20:17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity. 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people. 20:19 And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister, nor of thy father's sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity. 20:20 And if a man shall lie with his uncle's wife, he hath uncovered his uncle's nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless. 20:21 And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless. 20:22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. 20:24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people. 20:25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 20:26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

The New testament.

Romans 1:

“ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.â€

Christians of several denominations have historically maintained that this verse is a complete prohibition of all forms of homosexual activity.  

Jesus' discussion of marriage

In Matthew 19:3, Jesus is asked if a man can divorce his wife. In that context,

“ He answered, ‘Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning “made them male and female†[Genesis 1:27], and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh†[Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.’

Rob Gagnon, an associate professor of New Testament studies, argues that Jesus' back-to-back references to Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 show that he presupposed a two-sex requirement for marriage.

The Quran.

If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful. (Qur'an 4:16)

We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who legged behind. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime! (Qur'an 7:80)

"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings. O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. Then afterward We destroyed the others. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! (Qur'an 26:165)

(We also sent) Lut (as a messenger): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)? Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" Then We saved him and his household save his wife; We destined her to be of those who stayed behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! (Qur'an 27:54)

And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you. "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth." He said: "O my Lord! help Thou me against people who do mischief!" When Our Messengers came to Abraham with the good news, they said: "We are indeed going to destroy the people of this township: for truly they are (addicted to) crime." (Qur'an 29:28)

Good thing all those religions are utter bullshit.

I'm perfectly fine with God's law which has capital punishment for MSM (which spreads AIDS/HIV).

Quite frankly, I don't care about your opinion on the matter.

Just what every forum needs. A radical, hateful Muslim to tell everyone how hateful they are for not killing homosexuals. You sir, are brilliant. Can I join your club? I'm only half gay.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Sharia law aside, Saudi Arabia is just another U.S. puppet in the Middle East.

Until it decides it isn't, just like all other U.S puppets have done.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest