How far back should the game have been rolled back?

Buorhann

Roll back?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How far back?

• None
    • 1 day
    • 2 days
    • 3 days
    • 4 days
    • 5 days
    • 6+ days

Looks like we're stuck with a 4-5 day rollback.  Not sure why this choice was chosen, but I'm curious to the opinion of the community:  How far back do you think the game should've been rolled back?

• Downvote 1

Looks like we're stuck with a 4-5 day rollback.  Not sure why this choice was chosen, but I'm curious to the opinion of the community:  How far back do you think the game should've been rolled back?

It's a five day rollback because that's the stable backup we have. See below.

Why is it rolled back all the way to 8/27? It's a little farther than I would've liked, but due to some issues I had with the backups it was the most recent available backup that we could use to move the server. I'm sure ss23 knows a lot more about backing up the server than I do, and I trust this will never be an issue in the future.

It needed to be rolled back prior to the fast advancement of the turns in my opinion, not sure what day that was.

8/30/15 between 6 am and 8 am server time. As close to that point as we can would be the ideal rollback point, apparently the closest we can get is 8/27/15.

Its really a binary choice.  Should the game be rolled back: Yes/No

If it's the only way to resolve the issues and prevent future exploits along the same vector then so be it.  Yes.

Priest of Dio

It should be rolled back as far as needed to correct any issues which occurred with the game.

So Day 1 then?

• Upvote 4

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

If it's the only way to resolve the issues and prevent future exploits along the same vector then so be it.  Yes.

So lets just name this current age: BETA round 2.

We all get snazzy pixel awards and reset the whole darn thing.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

It needed to be rolled back prior to the fast advancement of the turns in my opinion, not sure what day that was. 

Agreeing with this.

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

So lets just name this current age: BETA round 2.

We all get snazzy pixel awards and reset the whole darn thing.

I wanna call it gamma round.

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

It should be rolled back as far as needed to correct any issues which occurred with the game.

The very first reply was the master answer!  ;)

But it is annoying that I have to wait 16 days until I will be able to build my 4th city instead of 10 days.  :(

The very first reply was the master answer!  ;)

But it is annoying that I have to wait 16 days until I will be able to build my 4th city instead of 10 days.  :(

So the very first reply was "1 day", got it.

• Downvote 1