9/1/2015 - What's Going On

Alex

This is how you lose massive chunks of players all at once.

I guess you could call Mensa a massive chunk

git gud.

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

When do the other forum themes come back? I'm not used to IP.Board

Gravity Blue master race

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Just a heads up. Posts like above will result in a warn point if they happen in the future from anyone. 

If you can't see why they would, then read over the rules. 

Please explain. I read your rules and don't see which rule I'm breaking except maybe saying the f word but that's censored so there's no real problem. If you would like you can message me why if it makes you feel better. As far as I see it, I expressed my opinion of this community which isn't against the rules unless you would like to obstruct my rights as a human being.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Even if it may seem like a lot of people are being whiny or extremely rude to sheepy, you gotta realize that they're giving their feedback as dissatisfied consumers of his product.

Let's not forget that sheepy does in fact receive money from this game. With that in regard this means he does have some responsibility in how he manages this game and having people tell him what they think is wrong with his decisions, what they think he should have done and what he should be doing instead is invaluable feedback.

Most customers of any product just outright stops using it if they're dissatisfied with it. Which means a lot of companies don't even have enough information on why they're losing customers or how to keep the ones who they risk losing in the future.

Now the other thing I think is important to discuss as this game gets fixed is the donation. Isn't it about time we used the proper term for them? Sheepy might see it as donations, but they're clearly not. When you give him money you clearly get something for it. It's directly stated in the game what you can get for the money you spend on the game. That to me is a clear-cut example of a purchase. You're promised something tangible in return for your money. 

Anyway, I wish both sheepy and the new admin good luck.

• Upvote 6

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Even if it may seem like a lot of people are being whiny or extremely rude to sheepy, you gotta realize that they're giving their feedback as dissatisfied consumers of his product.

Let's not forget that sheepy does in fact receive money from this game. With that in regard this means he does have some responsibility in how he manages this game and having people tell him what they think is wrong with his decisions, what they think he should have done and what he should be doing instead is invaluable feedback.

Most customers of any product just outright stops using it if they're dissatisfied with it. Which means a lot of companies don't even have enough information on why they're losing customers or how to keep the ones who they risk losing in the future.

Now the other thing I think is important to discuss as this game gets fixed is the donation. Isn't it about time we used the proper term for them? Sheepy might see it as donations, but they're clearly not. When you give him money you clearly get something for it. It's directly stated in the game what you can get for the money you spend on the game. That to me is a clear-cut example of a purchase. You're promised something tangible in return for your money. 

Anyway, I wish both sheepy and the new admin good luck.

Let's not forget the people whining are the same people who have been whining since day 1. Also they are very few and happen to be the most vocal.

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Let's not forget the people whining are the same people who have been whining since day 1. Also they are very few and happen to be the most vocal.

Are their points and arguments valid? Because that's all that matters. Not whether they've been whining since day one or if they're few and the most vocal.

This roll back is a big problem. Not only is it making people, who also happen to pay for this game, dissatisfied, but it's also gonna make the game lose several new players. Hopefully the risks of this happening again will be minimized by the decisions sheepy has made, but it's not unreasonable to be unhappy about the fact that it took this long for him to actually do this. I've only been playing for about 3-4 months but within that time there's been several exploits, security breaches and other problems which point to a serious lack of security.

But what's in the past is in the past. I just think it's valid to bring this stuff up so that it can be avoided in the future. That's honestly what I think most if not people in this thread ultimately want.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

What the hell is all the complaining about ? I am sure sheepy and his team is doing their best to rectify something that happen not due to their fault but mainly arose because some CHEATERS deem it fit to hack . Why aren't these very people complaining about the CHEATERS ? Yet they complain about the people who are trying to correct what is wrong?

Please stop complaining, if you are so bloody unhappy about the game, then by all means feel free to leave. you wont be missed a single bit

• Upvote 1

What the hell is all the complaining about ? I am sure sheepy and his team is doing their best to rectify something that happen not due to their fault but mainly arose because some CHEATERS deem it fit to hack . Why aren't these very people complaining about the CHEATERS ? Yet they complain about the people who are trying to correct what is wrong?

Please stop complaining, if you are so bloody unhappy about the game, then by all means feel free to leave. you wont be missed a single bit

Again, if you read stuff you might understand, the decision to roll back the game was not required.  Sheepy could simply have fixed VE and moved on.  The rollback is what the issue is - not fixing exploits and hacks.

Some people are leaving the game due to this decision (not the hacking itself from what I can tell) so your wish is granted I guess.  Yeah for fewer players and a less rich meta game!  What we all wanted -right.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Might as well throw in my 2 cents:

We all play this game because we see it as a fun way to pass some time. I'm sure many of us started playing this game because other games (such as (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)) have crapped out. Unfortunately, in the world that we live in malicious hacking is bound to happen at some point (Why anyone would hack a FREE TO PLAY browser based nation simulation game is beyond me.). It is unfortunate this happened. It is unfortunate the games security measures weren't up to par for this hack. It is unfortunate the game has be rolled back.

However, I feel Sheepy and his team have responded very well to this situation. They clearly care about what as happened are taking measures to prevent this from happening again. The situation has been amplified by the fact that a major war was ongoing. Even though I'm not involved in the current war, I completed understand those that are made about the situation. I'm sure I would be as well for a brief moment.

Those that are saying Sheepy "ignored" problems, doesn't care, or is favoring a side of the war are completely overreactions. This is a young game (just turned 1) with roughly 3000 nations (some probably multies). This isn't McDonald's with 1 million fat asses walking in every day to get their "Big" Macs. I believe Sheepy and his team are doing everything they can to get the game back up and running. I'm sure they would like to get past this just as much as we would.

Now that I've said my 2 cents, I'm inviting everyone to my place for beer! The fridge is full and will automatically refill itself.

• Upvote 3

Roll back to remove the effect of the HACK. anything wrong with that?

Sure, the other option: Fix the effects of a hack without a rollback.  Does an all caps hack mean it cannot be fixed by restoring the bank and VE leadership?

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

I think Sheepy has showed good faith and kept the players abreast of events as well he could.

I think those who are attacking others and saying, "Well why don't you just leave?" are caustic to this discussion and the games community as a whole. I think people are reasonably upset, it is quite clear that one side of the treaty web benefits massively from this event, and besides that, money has exchanged hands, which means the players of P&W have a monetary investment in this product.

At the end of the day, we must walk a middle line, we must work with Sheepy to build this community, but also question Sheepy and continuously demand improvements to the game and its infrastructure.

Edited by Agent W
  • Upvote 4

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

I think the more pressing concern is what can be taken against the hackers. How to ensure no more hacking , exploits , multi's. Instead of arguing endless whether there is a rollback or should not be rolling back.

I am more interested to know who the hackers are and how to ensure these people never made it back to the game using other IP , proxy or etc.

Edited by Vincent

I think the more pressing concern is what can be taken against the hackers. How to ensure no more hacking , exploits , multi's. Instead of arguing endless whether there is a rollback or should not be rolling back.

I am more interested to know who the hackers are and how to ensure these people never made it back to the game using other IP , proxy or etc.

I think criminal charges are in order  ^_^

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

My question surrounding these events is this: why, after all the initial issues with last187 and his follow up money attack last week, were the security moves currently being made not put into motion prior to the catastrophic attack? It seems like waiting for this to happen before changing things was a poor decision that brought about an avoidable situation.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Jax locked this topic