My name is Goldie and my alliance is gone

Goldie

At this point, it seems the database is apparently unsecured against all but the meekest of attackers so I doubt releasing anything would matter much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k

Not fair to make assumptions without knowing the server(s), operating systems, software used and architecture.  Yes, it does not look good.  But events like this are preventible with a holistic approach.

Priest of Dio

Well, if the game has to be reset, hopefully we'll get a hard date on when it will happen with about a weeks notice........that way, we can all have a little fun in a giant free for all....with the top five alliances getting some sort of small bonus immediately after the reset!!!!

I know who I'm going to be rouging... 

Not fair to make assumptions without knowing the server(s), operating systems, software used and architecture.  Yes, it does not look good.  But events like this are preventible with a holistic approach.

Yes it is fair because they're not even assumptions.  The system has been hacked multiple times in the past few months alone.  It is a fact that they're not well secured.

• Upvote 1

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

Well, if the game has to be reset, hopefully we'll get a hard date on when it will happen with about a weeks notice........that way, we can all have a little fun in a giant free for all....with the top five alliances getting some sort of small bonus immediately after the reset!!!!

I'm going to wreck you Coach!

How in the hell does this keep happening!?

Admittedly amateur coding, closed source, and no budget for either bug-squashing or Q&A testing. On the plus side, this'll stop eventually once the game has been exploited / hacked enough times and the relevant bugs have been patched out.

This type of crap finally enough for sheepy to reset the game already? And if not, at least reassure us you'll trace this !@#$er's IP and pursue legal charges on him man. That'd actually be something worth "donating" for 

What's sheepy going to do? call the cyber police? It is extremely difficult to see any prosecution for internet crap like this. Especially if this guy was hiding behind seven proxies

This is for sure not what the devleopers of the game what out there, folks knowing how badly the game has been hacked or interfered with over the last few months.  This time is by far the worst.  And a reset would do NO GOOD AT ALL, if Sheepy is unable to find out how this hacker did what he/she did.  Otherwise after a reset or rollback, it could just be done again.  This reminds me what happened to Project-Terra when back in August 2012 the game went down due to hacks and really never returned.  I hope to god that does not happen here....I dont think it will because Sheepy actually cares about the game and its members where the owner/developer of PT, Chris, did not.  I just hope this gets fixed soon and we come up with a way to prevent it from happening again.  I also hope we find the prick who did this....