anime?

Chickenbake

I don't watch a lot of anime, but here's what I have watched in the order of when I watched them:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

It was the first anime I've ever watched and it turned me into a weeaboo there for a while. That was 4 or so years ago.

2. Lucky Star

I've never seen a show be about absolutely nothing and still be so entertaining.

3. School Days

As a huge sucker for love stories, School Days was really...interesting. It was also really amusing seeing how the events in the show just got dramatically worse and worse by the end of each of the 12 episodes. Nice boat.

After that, I stopped being such a weeaboo and just sorta stopped watching anime until...

4. Attack on Titan

I only started watching Attack on Titan earlier in this year. I've known very vaguely of it for a while know, and the more I thought about it, the basic premise was interesting. So, I gave it try...

...Love it

5. GATE

I saw Gate while I was on 4chan /pol/ and saw one anon describe it as ''Japanese military recruitment propaganda''. This summery interested me because the Japanese military is in pitiful condition politically because of World War 2. Interested, I decided to check it out earlier this month.

Basically, have you ever wanted to see a modern military fight against a medieval army?

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've only watched the first 5 episodes, and it's a fairly new anime. It only started airing late July of this year.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

If you pay close attention, Anime and media in general tends to have a fair amount of subtext i watched that attack on titan a sum it's gory as hell but utterly loaded with subtext and i mean it's coming outta the walls THERE COMING OUTTA THE WALLS MAN... oh sorry aliens flashbacks, not many shows have that much subtext so concentrated if i knew more about Japanese culture I'm sure there would be a lot more that i am not seeing.

I like anime as it promotes womans rights unlike western shows

What like the right of a woman to beat the hell out of a man at the drop of a hat?

Where at best he did nothing wrong, but at worst she messed up and is blaming it on him?

It's fun to watch in a fictional environment but is a bad message to send to both men and women.

You must not watch much western TV anymore as there are plenty of shows promoting women's privilege.

Anime, teaching cute little girls to act like raging ***holes and leave them wondering why they are hated and alone when they get old.

Yep, I do.  Though I question your assertion that it promotes women's rights, much of it is rather cliche and has rather conservative views towards the girls in the shows, those that don't involve sci-fi/fantasy that is and even there it is usually the male that takes the "hero" role.  There are exceptions of course but just that I think, exceptions.  You're still much more likely to get a Kamina from TTGL than a Ryuuko from Kill la Kill.  Who didn't even have a love interest, shocker.

There are no men like me, there is only me

Can anyone recommend any animes with bin men or bin women in?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetes

This is about space trash men if that's close enough for you.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

• 2 weeks later...

I like anime as it promotes womans rights unlike western shows

does anybody here like anime?

Every Western show is going full SJW now, honestly anime probably has the least of that, which is nice.

What more rights do woman need right now? They already have the same rights as men do, if not more. 14th amendment gives equal rights and protections under the law to women. I guess if you come from like Saudi Arabia you could have a point. I like how women in anime actually have some self respect (to a certain extent). All the girls in the western media like to hop onto every guy that she sees, anime they tend to be more reserved. Dont like how many male anime MC's are completely beta though. That is unrealistic as all hell and just depressing