Has this war changed anything?

Dan77

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about CBs?

• Yes. CBs are srsbsns.
    • No. Blood for the blood god.

Mensa strolled into Orbis thinking we were entering a war game.  It soon became apparent though that for many other alliances and individuals, preventing war was more important.

We adjusted a little, hung around, made ourselves at home and got used to the way things are around here.  We compromised.  We made friends and enemies.

One thing some of us struggled with was the insistance from the community for CBs.  How could it be that a whole community could be so insistent on a totally out of game concept?  I guess it's partly because of the different games we have come from and that's something that has been mentioned before.

I'm wondering though, just how many people actually care about CBs?  I've seen plenty of people say that they don't and I'm certainly in that camp.  It would be interesting to see the split on this one.

Is there anything else that might change because of this war?  I'm seeing a lot of treaties that aren't worth the pixels they are written on.  Will more alliances go paperless?  Will treaties be totally devalued?

Please comment on what, if anything, will change as a result of this war.

• Upvote 2

I believe alliance-on-alliance conflicts should have somewhat valid CB's, be it something roleplay-related or an actual, practical reason.

REMOVE THE THIRD ALDMERI DOMINION!

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NOOOOOORDS

• Upvote 2

I am a Dioist. Hath not a Dioist eyes? Hath not a Dioist hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Pig Disgusting Swede is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Dioist wrong a Pig Disgusting Swede, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Pig Disgusting Swede wrongs a Dioist, what should his sufferance be by Pig Disgusting Swede example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

REMOVE THE THIRD ALDMERI DOMINION!

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NOOOOOORDS

If the Empire, in it's entirety, can't hold back the Aldmeri Dominion, what makes you think a recently-independence, war-torn Skyrim can?

new_forum_sig_2.png

Honestly it depends on the war and the situation. CB's can often, as stated by Buorhann, help with public support, however also they can give something for the war to have a central pivot point. This can make 1. propaganda more fun 2. Drive more alliances into the picture 3. Make it to be even better remembered at times.

This isn't always the case though, and it just depends on the situation. A lack of a CB just so war can happen can be fun of course as long as it isn't a war which is stupid, but there haven't been many cases of that. 

I think that there should be a reason for war. Whether it is a valid Casus Belli or not, I don't care. Just as long as it's not pointless or hypocritical

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

-5 stability

• Upvote 4

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

I think your poll is off. What I have learned is that there is no such thing as an optional anything irt treatirs because everything is optional. It is always an alliances choice to honor its MDP or to attack with its allies. Any possible "paper" is an oAPoDP - just call an alliance an alliance and be done with it.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

I'm sure its been said here loads of times but every alliance has an ODOAP with each other just by the basis of them existing. I have the option of helping out Cobalt against Vargen Institute (Sorry, thats the first thing I thought of). Now back to the OP, if you want to create an era of no CB wars, you're going to be needing to do it a lot more often, and both sides need to do it before it becomes a regular thing so people can't !@#$ about it.

Edited by Isolatar

I think that this speaks to a bigger problem in the game. There is no way for an alliance to declare war or peace on another alliance other than the forums. Same goes for treaties.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

CBs are cool.

nope.jpg

☾☆

Priest of Dio

No. But who cares? Now is the time for the small alliances to band together and destroy the big alliances!

Yeah, best of luck and cheers to ya on accomplishing that without aid from other big alliances :P

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

its called politics and war, and having a CB is part of the politics.

>implying VE had a CB against Guardian 

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

If the Empire, in it's entirety, can't hold back the Aldmeri Dominion, what makes you think a recently-independence, war-torn Skyrim can?

The Redguards beat them back, quite handily in-fact. Had the elves not rushed the imperial capital they would've lost the war.

Anyways, CB's are inportant-ish. However, it all depends on what you can get away with. A valid CB makes alliances less prone to jump in against you, a lesson I think some ignored in the last great war.

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The Redguards beat them back, quite handily in-fact. Had the elves not rushed the imperial capital they would've lost.

i beat ur mum back quite handily scrub

• Upvote 1

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

i beat ur mum back quite handily scrub

1v1 me irl, !@#$got

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

1v1 me irl, !@#$

1v1 me battletoads

• Upvote 1

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?