Mensa/TEst-Cornerstone Cessation of Hostilities

Pfeiffer

I am going to give the best compliment I can think of and say that you, good sir, are worthy of your avatar 

Glad to hear that you think I am deserving of the fantastic four.  :lol:

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

<-- Zeigenbock, Shinerbock, or LoneStar for this Tennessean in Texas.

The first two I can tolerate, but LoneStar? 

UGH. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Cornerstone, bad show for getting in late and getting out early, but what can you say. It's also your coalition's fault for believing that you would be qualified to fully fight, but TBH this war has been a cluster&#33;@#&#036; on both sides; with Paragon at disadvantage and screwing up a little bit more.

That said, if you look at Mensa et al; it's possible that their perspective comes more from eRepublik and other games; in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), you can always output between .4 and 2 nukes a day against opponents, making any battle almost attritional; here, fights seem more decisive and slippery-slope is suggesting that despite starting off at a very even level, the end outcome will resemble the end outcome of the former war, with Mensa, Guardian, and SK being reduced by 67%.

Just a note of advice; if you're paying attention to these forums and to these games; we've passed or almost passed the inflection point of naivete; people are in general going to say what is beneficial to themselves or their alliance. It doesn't actually matter whether or not Mensa likes you, it matters whether you're potentially useful to them, and if you want to defect, keep that in mind.

Cornerstone, bad show for getting in late and getting out early, but what can you say. It's also your coalition's fault for believing that you would be qualified to fully fight, but TBH this war has been a cluster!@#$ on both sides; with Paragon at disadvantage and screwing up a little bit more.

That said, if you look at Mensa et al; it's possible that their perspective comes more from eRepublik and other games; in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), you can always output between .4 and 2 nukes a day against opponents, making any battle almost attritional; here, fights seem more decisive and slippery-slope is suggesting that despite starting off at a very even level, the end outcome will resemble the end outcome of the former war, with Mensa, Guardian, and SK being reduced by 67%.

Just a note of advice; if you're paying attention to these forums and to these games; we've passed or almost passed the inflection point of naivete; people are in general going to say what is beneficial to themselves or their alliance. It doesn't actually matter whether or not Mensa likes you, it matters whether you're potentially useful to them, and if you want to defect, keep that in mind.

What does SK have to do with this, and how do you see Mensa losing 67% of its strength?

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

I'm talking last-war, I don't think Paragon has any odds towards victory or a stalemate, I'm wondering how much score Paragon ex Vanguard will have when the war ends.

Ah. I misread your quote. My bad.

It all depends. There's a lot that can still happen i'd say.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

This war has been frustrating (I could make my own Downfall parody right now)it is a good experience for learning maybe this will hurt our rep for years to come as alpha has told us but nothing in this game seems certain and we have a simple choice at the end of the day... let this destroy us or learn and improve from it. There is however nothing wrong with losing a game against good opponents if it makes you learn. I know maybe people may laugh at and I am sure that some here are saying what serves then best and that is ok to try to win in a game... Cornerstone is not going to give up and we are still going to try to win as well. I still wish you all good luck and have fun 😀

I will break my usual silence on this forum to say a few things.

First off as for my two wars I was surprised to hear that the war was over as quickly as it was and was prepared to keep fighting.   One war which I declared on the first day was pretty much over and since he had no army or navy and just an air force I didn't see much cause for concern.   The second was against Tanular and was the scariest fight since I took on a guy who had 500 tanks and I had 50 (wound up rolling him since his soldiers were wiped out and tanks are crap alone).   I wasn't confident that I would win but I was looking forward to a tough challenge.

Second I noticed that the ones talking bad about CS don't have a horse in this race and I think it would be interesting to see what happens when they are asked to declare under similar circumstances.

I will break my usual silence on this forum to say a few things.

First off as for my two wars I was surprised to hear that the war was over as quickly as it was and was prepared to keep fighting.   One war which I declared on the first day was pretty much over and since he had no army or navy and just an air force I didn't see much cause for concern.   The second was against Tanular and was the scariest fight since I took on a guy who had 500 tanks and I had 50 (wound up rolling him since his soldiers were wiped out and tanks are crap alone).   I wasn't confident that I would win but I was looking forward to a tough challenge.

Second I noticed that the ones talking bad about CS don't have a horse in this race and I think it would be interesting to see what happens when they are asked to declare under similar circumstances.

No offense, but you're 383 in Nation Score. You don't have as much to lose as your higher scoring alliance mates.

• Downvote 1

I've kept my silence here more then I thought I would. I don't know what to say, honestly. There is a part of me that knows this was the right thing to do, but then I think of the other part, the warrior part where I would never surrender.

Where is the warrior spirit Cornerstone? Where is the urge to fight for what you believe in? Are you telling me its gone? Or was it never there?

Your members are going on vacation mode pre-war, you've surrendered way early....I'm not sure what to say.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I've kept my silence here more then I thought I would. I don't know what to say, honestly. There is a part of me that knows this was the right thing to do, but then I think of the other part, the warrior part where I would never surrender.

Where is the warrior spirit Cornerstone? Where is the urge to fight for what you believe in? Are you telling me its gone? Or was it never there?

Your members are going on vacation mode pre-war, you've surrendered way early....I'm not sure what to say.

Join MI6

Lxr4VfE.png

Mensa barely took a scratch in the last war :P we were past our previous peak in less than a month and the most heavily armed alliance in orbis in two. The people who supposedly defeated us were slower to recover.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

No offense, but you're 383 in Nation Score. You don't have as much to lose as your higher scoring alliance mates.

None taken but it took me all year to get to this point so while I don't have the score or infrastructure to lose that the bigger guys do, I still have the patient hard work and time to lose that was put into it.

Cornerstone, bad show for getting in late and getting out early, but what can you say. It's also your coalition's fault for believing that you would be qualified to fully fight, but TBH this war has been a cluster!@#$ on both sides; with Paragon at disadvantage and screwing up a little bit more.

We actually came in fairly fast after VE was declared on. Yes we didn't "Enter" the war fast, but we activated our MDP with VE fairly fast, and obviously we should've been a little more prepared before that.

The Warrior spirit is there, but we also knew that we were already cooked, whats worse, giving up when you know its time, or fighting just to lose more and more? I actually hated having to call peace so early, and wanted to stay in longer, but all that was going to do was just destroy our alliance more. And Mensa/TEst were well oiled and had our upper and mid-tier outnumbered 2-1 or greater, we didn't stand a chance.

And the vacation mode garbage has to stop, our members have a lot going on IRL, and we are not going to condone our members for having to go on vacation because Orbis has drama.

Is it a coincidence that one member went on vacation twice in the past few wars? YES, because that person in particular has a LOT going on in their life, and where they are going often doesn't have internet.

And the vacation mode garbage has to stop, our members have a lot going on IRL, and we are not going to condone our members for having to go on vacation because Orbis has drama.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you actually mean the opposite of that or you possibly don't know what the bolded word means.