Mensa/TEst-Cornerstone Cessation of Hostilities

Pfeiffer

Not really speaking for tS- we're not really partial to cornerstone entering or bowing out of the conflict given that we are on another front, but: What exactly would you have Mensa do? Troll and flame Cornerstone? If they did, I am fairly certain that you and various others would be yelling about how disrespectful Mensa is.

There is no merit in kicking an opponent who merely came in for an MDP after they were brought down. All that does is set a tone and drive animosity where it is unneccessary to create this. It's more and more looking like it does not matter what Mensa does at this point: Certain people will try to piss at them regardless.

I understand that there are grievances. That is fine. It's your good right to have them. But lets not extrapolate those grievances to literally *everything *Mensa *Does, common sense be damned.

This is Orbis' version of Thanks Obama!

• Upvote 1

Priest of Dio

Instead of acknowledging a valid point, lets just call him dumb instead.  :facepalm:

It's not a valid point. What we are doing is called being gracious in victory. It's not cynical. This is a game, not srs bsns. We like the wars, why should we be anything but happy with a mostly no !@#$ (bullcrap?) alliance who went to war, lost and exited with no !@#$ (rhymes with witching) or drama? Your posts have been severely lacking in thought or merit for the last week or two, maybe you should reconsider your approach. 

ETA: Seriously... I thought the language filter was being relaxed. Is this game mostly played by impressionable 8 year olds who can't bear to hear uncouth language of any kind?

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 1

Most of them have gone full retard anyways what's a few f u s going to change anything?

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Mensa have shown themselves to be humble in both defeat and victory. It's hilarious that whatever they do, some people will just continue criticising them for no good reason.

Back on topic. Cornerstone have showed that they are stalwart allies, and I am sure VE appreciates the loyalty. I imagine that some people in this topic are basing their standards of war length in comparison to other worlds out there -- and they must realise that an under-prepared alliance can take MASSIVE amounts of damage in two days. Especially if they are facing groups like Mensa and TEst. If they were rendered ineffective, there is absolutely no point in them taking further damage. It's better to get out, rebuild and perhaps provide some financial help post war for your allies that continued fighting... and also the obvious advantage of preserving your spheres strength, as opposed to meaninglessly dishing it away.

Did Cornerstone perform great in this war? No. And I have no doubts they realise that and have learned alot. It was their first losing war. But to call them a bad ally is beyond ridiculous. 

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 6

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It's called not being an !@#$. I get that you're not able to comprehend that concept, so just take my word for it.

The point is -- and I guess I need to spell it out in simple terms for a Mensa member [sic] -- that the Mensa side hails are not genuine or sincere. Your transparent hails are self-serving.   I've seen this in every war, everywhere, constantly.  Maybe if you had a little experience under your belt, you'd recognize it, too.  Do I think Cornerstone had good intentions?  Absolutely.  Do I believe that they are honorable and decent kids?  Totally.  Do I think that this was, in the grand scheme of things, a wise decision that will serve their alliance and its reputation? No.  I'm not their ally, I am not sitting on any throne, and I don't speak for any alliance, so I'm not obliged to sugar-coat the obvious.  It is better to go down in flames; it is better to be completely wrecked and forced to start from scratch than it is to surrender with allies on the field.  That's my definition of honor and loyalty.  

Obviously these guys are just noobs and that's fine.  We learn through our mistakes.  But the only people in the universe who believe that a quick surrender is the correct course of are the people who receive the surrender.  And even they, in their hearts, know they would never have done the same if the roles were reversed.  

So please, spare me your sad and trite little comebacks.  You're not fooling anyone.  Not even yourself.

It is gracious to accept a surrender on lenient terms.  It is deceptive to hail it as a wise decision and bestow obviously false compliments about the intelligence of the decision.

Edited by Hagbard Celine

Apple_of_Discord.png

What a load of rubbish. It's a ruddy game lad and they said to hell with it- what isn't there to respect about that.

I for one was totally sincere. My disdain would far more readily apply to pixel huggers that avoid war entirely.

• Upvote 1

The point is -- and I guess I need to spell it out in simple terms for a Mensa member [sic] -- that the Mensa side hails are not genuine or sincere. Your transparent hails are self-serving.   I've seen this in every war, everywhere, constantly.  Maybe if you had a little experience under your belt, you'd recognize it, too.  Do I think Cornerstone had good intentions?  Absolutely.  Do I believe that they are honorable and decent kids?  Totally.  Do I think that this was, in the grand scheme of things, a wise decision that will serve their alliance and its reputation? No.  I'm not their ally, I am not sitting on any throne, and I don't speak for any alliance, so I'm not obliged to sugar-coat the obvious.  It is better to go down in flames; it is better to be completely wrecked and forced to start from scratch than it is to surrender with allies on the field.  That's my definition of honor and loyalty.  

Obviously these guys are just noobs and that's fine.  We learn through our mistakes.  But the only people in the universe who believe that a quick surrender is the correct course of are the people who receive the surrender.  And even them, in their hearts, know they would never have done the same if the roles were reversed.  

So please, spare me your sad and trite little comebacks.  You're not fooling anyone.  Not even yourself.

It is gracious to accept a surrender on lenient terms.  It is deceptive to hail it as a wise decision and bestow obviously false compliments about the intelligence of the decision.

Hey Hagbard, you were a pretty cool opponent and I mean that sincerely.  We exchanged messages during our fight I hope you thought I was being sincere during them.  If you did trust my sincerity in our private messages I have a question for you:  why would you have reason to doubt the sincerity of what I or other Mensa members might say in a public forum?

It was a wise decision by Cornerstone in my opinion.  We're not letting other opponents (i.e., Vanguard, VE) get up off the mat and some of them are being pounded all the way down.  Why would Cornerstone want to follow that if their allies don't mind them bowing out?

And again, unless you can do mindreading I seriously doubt you can judge the sincerity of a statement on the internet.  What you're really saying is that you don't trust anyone's sincerity here.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

Obviously these guys are just noobs and that's fine.  We learn through our mistakes.  But the only people in the universe who believe that a quick surrender is the correct course of are the people who receive the surrender.  And even them, in their hearts, know they would never have done the same if the roles were reversed.  

Why are you projecting your on views on 'The Mensa side'? Your definitions of what is 'honorable' and what is not 'honorable' is in no way a norm to which anyone is obligated to hold him or herself. 

Have you considered that our side has attempted to put things in perspective? Yes, we know that Cornerstone's military showing was not good, and we know that this is an early exit. But we also know that this exit was caused by a rapid destruction by a more potent opponent, and ill preparation. Yes, Cornerstone could have prepared better (though one could argue that they did not, because they did not expect this war and are relatively new to the scene). Cornerstone did what it could, with what it had. Our side has no qualm with them, and understands this. That is why they are hailed.

Your attempts to spin this into something inherently disingenious on the Mensa side of things is silly. It does nothing but make you look sore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Seriously, I don't understand this anymore. Let's have a look at the facts: We zeroed the armies of all CS nations who attacked us. At this point, there is only one thing that can realistically happen: We bomb infra while you launch missiles if you have any. Let's not forget that virtually all Mensa HQ members have an Iron Dome.

So what would be gained by CS's allies if the war continued? CS would have lost the most expensive part of their infra, whereas the damage against Mensa would be minimal (half of the missiles launched by the members who have them). How does this help their alliance exactly? FYI, the expensive part of our infra is already mostly gone thanks to our earlier wars. It's not really a very good investment anymore.

But I know this is not what the critics are after. They want us to be mean to our opponents and fulfill the image of Mensa they built in their heads, yelling "wow scrubs u lost so bad #rekt trolololo." And why is that? Because (1) since they hate us, they cannot stand the idea of us being graceful, (2) they want us to alienate other alliances without good reason so that we are politically weaker in the future. Not going to happen, kiddos.

• Upvote 6
77oKn5K.png

I don't see why our hails aren't serious when literally last war we did something similar but took a beating longer. The situation was a little different but the same idea of we helped an ally and ended up getting rolled in the process.

Anyway good job to CS on keeping their treaties. I'm glad we came to terms on peace for an ally of an ally.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

The main point is that Cornerstone stood by their commitments and respected the deals they signed, unlike Rose.

If we can learn anything from this is that Rose doesn't give a crap about their protectorates and allies... and sucks pretty bad in war module. So at least you all know it's pointless to make deals with them in the future.

Congratulations to Cornerstone and wish them good luck in rebuilding.

I'm not involved in this fight, but since everyone has an opinion today, and I enjoy shitposting...

They got into a fight that they knew would be ugly. They lost. They are leaving after the battles end.

That's a lot better than others have done in the past.

• Upvote 4

q8nfyvc.gif

Hey Hagbard, you were a pretty cool opponent and I mean that sincerely.  We exchanged messages during our fight I hope you thought I was being sincere during them.  If you did trust my sincerity in our private messages I have a question for you:  why would you have reason to doubt the sincerity of what I or other Mensa members might say in a public forum?

It was a wise decision by Cornerstone in my opinion.  We're not letting other opponents (i.e., Vanguard, VE) get up off the mat and some of them are being pounded all the way down.  Why would Cornerstone want to follow that if their allies don't mind them bowing out?

And again, unless you can do mindreading I seriously doubt you can judge the sincerity of a statement on the internet.  What you're really saying is that you don't trust anyone's sincerity here.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I am a cool opponent.  I give you major credit for recognizing that.  This is one of the reasons that I have nothing but respect for Mensa [sic].  You guys went for the jugular without mercy and without apologies.  I would behave no differently, as would anyone worthy of respect.  I even respect that you'll toe the party line and mete out self-serving, insincere compliments, and perhaps that you'll go so far as to believe your own propaganda.  But it is transparent propaganda, nonetheless.

As the king of rock 'n roll, Mr. GG Allin himself once said, "Shoot, knife, strangle, beat and crucify.  These are the 5 laws of the jungle that I live by."  Truer words have never been spoken.  We are here to !@#$ shit up, not tap out early.

Edited by Hagbard Celine

Apple_of_Discord.png

It's all well and good taking a kicking for your friends.  But when you've been sparked clean out by a much bigger, stronger guy, getting back up just to get knocked the !@#$ out again, helps neither your friend or yourself.  Knowing when to tap out is a sign of intelligence, it's nothing to be ashamed of.  When Vanguard come to their senses, we'll happily release the head lock, pat you on your arse, send you on your way and say 'gg, wp'.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Mensa have shown themselves to be humble in both defeat and victory. It's hilarious that whatever they do, some people will just continue criticising them for no good reason.

Back on topic. Cornerstone have showed that they are stalwart allies, and I am sure VE appreciates the loyalty. I imagine that some people in this topic are basing their standards of war length in comparison to other worlds out there -- and they must realise that an under-prepared alliance can take MASSIVE amounts of damage in two days. Especially if they are facing groups like Mensa and TEst. If they were rendered ineffective, there is absolutely no point in them taking further damage. It's better to get out, rebuild and perhaps provide some financial help post war for your allies that continued fighting... and also the obvious advantage of preserving your spheres strength, as opposed to meaninglessly dishing it away.

Did Cornerstone perform great in this war? No. And I have no doubts they realise that and have learned alot. It was their first losing war. But to call them a bad ally is beyond ridiculous. 

I am going to give the best compliment I can think of and say that you, good sir, are worthy of your avatar