Drugs should be decriminalized.

The Governor

People choose to do the drugs themselves, and most people know the danger.

At least make money off these peoples decisions and give them clean needles to slow the amount of disease and offer them help.

Why let the money continue to go to drug cartels who commit crimes in your country?

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Maybe if minorities didn't commit a disproportionate amount of crime, there would be less of them in prison.

Maybe if your society's systemic discrimination against minorities didn't happen, they would be able to compete on an equal basis and wouldn't have to resort to criminal activity in order to make ends meet. Maybe if there was less prejudice against minorities in your society, racial profiling wouldn't happen. Maybe if your prison industrial complex wasn't so fond of slave labor, you wouldn't have a prison population higher than the entire population of some countries.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

The debate forums never fail to give me a good laugh.

• Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Sources?

Gladly

It's fairly large, so feel free to take your time.

1217Ulb.jpg

Maybe if your society's systemic discrimination against minorities didn't happen, they would be able to compete on an equal basis and wouldn't have to resort to criminal activity in order to make ends meet. Maybe if there was less prejudice against minorities in your society, racial profiling wouldn't happen. Maybe if your prison industrial complex wasn't so fond of slave labor, you wouldn't have a prison population higher than the entire population of some countries.

Minorities have the same rights on a federal level as white people do. Black people have the N.A.A.C.P. and other organizations dedicated to making sure they are treated equally. Colleges, for example, are also obligated to fill quotas for minorities; and this has, in some cases, caused young adults normally ineligible for a particular college to gain admission over more qualified kids only because they're a minority. I mean, if black people have all this and are still so discriminated against that they have to resort to violence and rioting just to get by, then maybe it would just be better for everyone involved to ship them back to Africa.

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

You're both getting derailed by the ethnic argument but it's the socio-economic status that correlates most strongly with crime. Basically, if Thalmor's parents were both Harvard grads, he'll probably avoid prison but if his parents didn't finish high school, his chances of incarceration are much higher.

6hu5nt.jpg

Gladly

It's fairly large, so feel free to take your time.

1217Ulb.jpg

Minorities have the same rights on a federal level as white people do. Black people have the N.A.A.C.P. and other organizations dedicated to making sure they are treated equally. Colleges, for example, are also obligated to fill quotas for minorities; and this has, in some cases, caused young adults normally ineligible for a particular college to gain admission over more qualified kids only because they're a minority. I mean, if black people have all this and are still so discriminated against that they have to resort to violence and rioting just to get by, then maybe it would just be better for everyone involved to ship them back to Africa.

Yes because those sources are comprehensive and also unbiased. The US doesn't explicitly criminalize being black anymore, that was too expensive to maintain, they just criminalize activities strongly associated with being poor and black and then say they are criminals.

If I smoke pot in my room, who really even knows?

I went to an open house and the bedroom smelled like weed. So I guess people who are bored and want to look at houses instead of browser games house buyers would know.

Colleges, for example, are also obligated to fill quotas for minorities; and this has, in some cases, caused young adults normally ineligible for a particular college to gain admission over more qualified kids only because they're a minority.

Absolutely this. 

Yes because those sources are comprehensive and also unbiased. The US doesn't explicitly criminalize being black anymore, that was too expensive to maintain, they just criminalize activities strongly associated with being poor and black and then say they are criminals.

Like half of those were the CDC. If you don't trust the damn CDC, then go back to shitposting about Rumsod. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Like half of those were the CDC. If you don't trust the damn CDC, then go back to shitposting about Rumsod. 

FYI, there's also genetic studies about criminality, and lo and behold, the blackies have it the worst (backed up by even the National Center for Biotechnology Information):

Welcome to reality, enjoy your stay. Also, your poverty/race cards have expired. :^)

:^)

Yes. Drugs should be decriminalized. Instead of paying for the war on Drugs, we should direct that money towards drug rehabilitation centres.

And when i say decriminalized drugs, I mean all drugs.

To those who argue against legalizing all drugs and only want a few, much of your argument is about safety and control. To be blunt, what is the difference now versus the difference if we legalize? Those who would ave wanted to take them already have,and to those who were cautious but wanted to experiment who could now, can, and with a system where they would not be criminalized for it.

• 3 years later...

Frankly saying don`t think it should be decriminalized because I think people don`t know how to fight with their addictions by themselves. Sure I am happy there are a lot of good people in our world. A lot of great organizations like addictionresource.com, medicalnewstoday, etc can help with peoples addiction. 
So I hope it will be in the ban for years so people can be more responsible.

The drug war gives big pharma & corporations a monopoly on the legal drug trade. Most illegal drugs can be got legally if someone goes through the system & only gets FDA approved meds. So if a small time entrepreneur minded person decides to make & sell some of the same drugs these companies are given a monopoly on creating; they can face severe prison sentences.

It is a corrupt system driven by profit & control, rather than any kind of harm reduction.

On 8/24/2015 at 8:55 PM, The Governor said:

Look back at prohibition. It created a black market for alcohol. And if someone ripped you off, you couldn't go to the authorities, you'd have to deal with it yourself by violent means. Same thing is happening now with the war on drugs.

The war on drugs has been a complete and utter failure. It has not gotten rid of drugs, it has only made drug users criminals and it has created a black market which has increased crime and gang violence.

All drugs, yes even hard core drugs such as Meth and Heroine, should be decriminalized. Maybe then people who are addicted to the more hardcore stuff will be more open about it and will be more willing to go and get rehabilitated without the fear of being incarcerated.

"People who abuse drugs give people who use drugs a bad name." - Marilyn Manson

I agree. No victim, no crime should be a valid statement, and taking drugs does not automatically harm someone else. With that being said, hard drugs should not be considered a mitigating circumstance when committing a violent crime. 

Edited by Patriotic American
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Patriotic American said:

I agree. No victim, no crime should be a valid statement, and taking drugs does not automatically harm someone else. With that being said, hard drugs should not be considered a mitigating circumstance when committing a violent crime. 

Just like whether someone is drunk when alleged to have done a crime, same with hard drugs & in regards to car accidents as well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Legalized Drug use, Complete legalized drug use of all hard drugs and more, in the one case of fully legalized drugs, Portugal, they see lower, and lowering, rates of overdoses, cases of AIDs, and drug-related crimes. Portugal legalized all drugs in 2001. The only official country to do so.

Few Reading Sources:

• Like 2

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

4 hours ago, CandyShi said:

I’ll just jump in to say this: that’s a terrible argument.

“Decriminalizing “X” crime will push down the crime rate because people won’t be committing a crime when they do it anymore” is just... no. You’re only hurting your side of the debate when you say that.

At this point it’s our gov controlled by corporations committing the real crimes against its citizens.

20130217-204520.jpg

So who are the real criminals? Those who feel entitled to liberty as the country as founded upon or those undermining our country to profit the Big Pharma drug monopolies & private prison industry locking up peaceful people with rapists and other dangerous individuals?

Personally I find it unconstitutional for the Federal Government to ban substances on a whim using the interstate commerce clause to try excusing the unconstitutional grab for power.

9 hours ago, CandyShi said:

I’m not going to disagree with you when say the government is controlled by monopolies (kinda is). However I’m going to go the opposite route of other people here and say that there should be more restrictions on drugs use in a way that can harm other people.

I don’t give a damn whether you drink, smoke, get high, whatever in your own home. If you die because of drug use I don't care. (Ok I might care, but it’s not the drugs fault, you made the choice to do drugs. That’s your choice)

What I DO care about is if your drug use harms innocent people around you, like if you’re driving under the influence of drugs (which is already illegal). Going a step further, in my ideal world it’d be illegal to smoke in public areas. I don’t want your second-hand smoke affecting my athsmatic brother, thanks. 

In addition, if you’re planning to actually give birth while pregnant (that is, you’re not going to get an abortion) I think it should be illegal to do any recreational drugs at all.

Other than those conditions and other “harm others” conditions, I have no problem whatsoever with drugs being decriminalized

I did say before I agreed much like alcohol; if someone is under the influence of hard drugs it can be treated similar to alcohol. I disagree on banning smoking in all public areas, but most indoor places you already can’t smoke cigarettes & other stuff. I think it should be optional whether businesses allow smoking inside & smoking can be limited to some designated smoking areas in crowded theme parks who want to like it already is.

Outdoors it doesn’t effect other people much if at all unless they’re blowing smoke on him directly or very close. Although how to deal with that depends on the individual situation & why they’re blowing it toward him.

4 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Most of the things you listed are privately owned, like businesses. By “public areas” I mean public property.

Yeah, but most land is public property or govt considers it theirs. So I don’t agree with banning smoking outside private businesses. People should be able to smoke if they go camping or to a public park if not causing others problems.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

17 hours ago, CandyShi said:

I’ll just jump in to say this: that’s a terrible argument.

“Decriminalizing “X” crime will push down the crime rate because people won’t be committing a crime when they do it anymore” is just... no. You’re only hurting your side of the debate when you say that.

Actually, it's not gonna hurt my argument since it's non-violent crime. No one hurt in the process, which will lead to questioning the law in the first place. Why would we punish someone for doing no harm to society?

• Like 1

Guest PhantomThiefB
On 8/24/2015 at 10:05 PM, Alex said:

If you tax the drugs excessively, you're not destroying the black market, or hurting gangs. The same way there are black market cigarettes, people would still buy drugs from gangs simply because it's cheaper.

It's funny I'm reading this now and this is exactly how Marijuana is turning out over in Canada. Not only is it cheaper to still go to our regular dealers the Mary J is also much better in quality. The only difference is that it's a much bigger crime for the black market dealers to get caught, since now it's a government controlled substance.

• 11 months later...

I agree, legalizing all drugs will have a variety of results, both good and bad. Some people believe that you should have to go to a specific place to do said drugs and I agree. Will death by drugs go up? Possibly, depending on how said places are operated. However, think of the opportunity of economic success. Millions of jobs would be created for the various tasks needed to be done to have a system where people go to a specific place to take drugs. Not to mention, the government will also be happy with the tax money.

Edited by D3rpyDerps

Drugs like cigarettes cause pollution which is the cause of lung cancer and other diseases. The drugs that don’t affect others should be decriminalised. The smoke that comes from the passive end of cigarette is much more dangerous.Drug abusers affect others more than themselves.

Edited by Roger