Drugs should be decriminalized.

The Governor

Look back at prohibition. It created a black market for alcohol. And if someone ripped you off, you couldn't go to the authorities, you'd have to deal with it yourself by violent means. Same thing is happening now with the war on drugs.

The war on drugs has been a complete and utter failure. It has not gotten rid of drugs, it has only made drug users criminals and it has created a black market which has increased crime and gang violence.

All drugs, yes even hard core drugs such as Meth and Heroine, should be decriminalized. Maybe then people who are addicted to the more hardcore stuff will be more open about it and will be more willing to go and get rehabilitated without the fear of being incarcerated.

"People who abuse drugs give people who use drugs a bad name." - Marilyn Manson

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

I agree that marijuana should be legal, but I think it's a little extreme to legalize coke, meth, etc.

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

At least here in the United States, the drug war causes more problems than it solves. I support the legalization (and excessive taxation) of all drugs, both prescription and hardcore. You could then use all those new billions of dollars in revenue to treat the addicts and then some.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

but legalizing meth and such could prove to having tonnes of teenagers start experimenting with it, then get addicted

So? What's wrong with experimenting? You argue that they could get addicted to drugs like Meth, but people can get addicted to anything. People can get addicted to food, or video games, but you wouldn't advocate for banning those. Some people have addictive personalities, and that's the fault of the person; not the fault of food, video games, or drugs.

– The Governor

• Administrators

At least here in the United States, the drug war causes more problems than it solves. I support the legalization (and excessive taxation) of all drugs, both prescription and hardcore. You could then use all those new billions of dollars in revenue to treat the addicts and then some.

If you tax the drugs excessively, you're not destroying the black market, or hurting gangs. The same way there are black market cigarettes, people would still buy drugs from gangs simply because it's cheaper.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you tax the drugs excessively, you're not destroying the black market, or hurting gangs. The same way there are black market cigarettes, people would still buy drugs from gangs simply because it's cheaper.

By ''excessively'' I meant at the same levels that alcohol and yes, cigarettes, are taxed at.

Even then, legalization would still dramatically harm gangs and the black market. It probably won't completely abolish them, but the situation would improve.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

By ''excessively'' I meant at the same levels that alcohol and yes, cigarettes, are taxed at.

Even then, legalization would still dramatically harm gangs and the black market. It probably won't completely abolish them, but the situation would improve.

It definitely would harm the market but then the Black Market would probably lower their prices in order to still make some sort of profit.

"what cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating"

So? What's wrong with experimenting? You argue that they could get addicted to drugs like Meth, but people can get addicted to anything. People can get addicted to food, or video games, but you wouldn't advocate for banning those. Some people have addictive personalities, and that's the fault of the person; not the fault of food, video games, or drugs.

So you're blaming the people for getting addicted even though the drugs have substances that are proven to be addictive?

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

It definitely would harm the market but then the Black Market would probably lower their prices in order to still make some sort of profit.

Yes, but they would generate less profit overall and that would force them to downscale operations.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

So you're blaming the people for getting addicted even though the drugs have substances that are proven to be addictive?

Drugs produce a high that results from dopamine spikes in the Reward Center of the brain. When you drink alcohol the same Reward center of the brain responds by releasing endorphins, which is why some people become addicted to alcohol; and yet alcohol is legal.

Heavy drinkers release more endorphins in response to alcohol, and they usually report feeling more intoxicated than the lighter drinkers after drinking the same amount of alcohol. Heavy drinkers of course usually abuse alcohol, which is why they become addicted. Same thing with drugs, if you abuse them, then yes, you are more likely to get addicted, especially if you have an addictive personality.

Edited by The Governor

– The Governor

Yes, but obviously bad drugs with that can cause very serious health issues should be regulated. The same way we regulate foods and alcohols.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I think that we should legalize the drugs, and let the idiots die. I dont care if you OD on heroin, just dont make me pay for it. Also probably infusing the hard stuff with diseases like aids and poisions would make them a great example of what not to be. We have too many stupid people these days, and not enough smart people. If we legalized all drugs, the druggies will all die out in like 10 years leaving the pinnacle of civilization in its wake.

I suppose that one might argue that this would be a bit close to Eugenics, but the people are choosing to do this to themselves. Nobody is forcing them to take heroin. Kinda like how planned parenthood pretty much commits acts of genocide but it is OK because feminism. They kill more minority folk than any racist regime I have ever heard of, and they get government funding to do so. This would be a similar sort of deal, except no taxpayer dollars.

• Upvote 4

I agree with all of OP's points, but I think you are also falling short. What about the reps for the millions of black and brown lives destroyed by the war on drugs. I am glad however you made the distinction between Decriminalization and Legalization. These are two very different things and Decriminalization is always preferable to Legalization.

• Upvote 1

I think that we should legalize the drugs, and let the idiots die. I dont care if you OD on heroin, just dont make me pay for it. Also probably infusing the hard stuff with diseases like aids and poisions would make them a great example of what not to be. We have too many stupid people these days, and not enough smart people. If we legalized all drugs, the druggies will all die out in like 10 years leaving the pinnacle of civilization in its wake.

I suppose that one might argue that this would be a bit close to Eugenics, but the people are choosing to do this to themselves. Nobody is forcing them to take heroin. Kinda like how planned parenthood pretty much commits acts of genocide but it is OK because feminism. They kill more minority folk than any racist regime I have ever heard of, and they get government funding to do so. This would be a similar sort of deal, except no taxpayer dollars.

I lol'd at this.

aphelion3_zpsonpnqy10.png

I say, we have the freedom to do whatever we want if it does not abuse another's liberties or properties. If I smoke pot in my room, who really even knows? If I shoot up in my room, who really knows? Of course their should be a limit, drugs are destructive to a country.

tumblr_inline_mzvjuvBbSI1rpp474.gif

It disproportionately affect minorities and is illogical in some situations.

Maybe if minorities didn't commit a disproportionate amount of crime, there would be less of them in prison.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png