LoL

Blake Gillman

Does anyone actually like League of Legends?

Sorry, but could someone explain what part of the game is fun?

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

MOBAs are cancer, that's pretty much a universal truth. The "fun" of the game fluxuates between whether or not you have a team of people who are as competent as you are, and that you are more competent than your opponents. Unforunately, most of those games have algorithms in place to make sure that if you're winning "too much", you get paired with more and more terrible people so that you are pretty much forced to lose 50% of the time. That, along with the extreme amount of time that one needs to dedicate to learning the meta of each game, and an ungodly amount of time that needs to be put in to meet the minimum requirements to join the competitive scene, makes MOBAs by far the worst type of game you could ever subject yourself to.

tl;dr: It's not fun. Play literally any other type of game.

• Upvote 1
1uBr6Lp.png?1

I only play it with me and four AI against my friend and four AI, and it's okay, I guess. 6/10 in the gaming scale, 10/10 being Crash Bandicoot, KOTOR, and Battlefront II, and 0/10 being Air Control. I prefer other means of gaming.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

• Administrators

I quite enjoy playing League of Legends with my friends. I'm not sure what you'd really dislike - It's a competitive, team based game, just like basketball, volleyball, football, etc. If you don't have good players, you're not going to be good, but that's why you play with your RL buddies ;)

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I quite enjoy playing League of Legends with my friends. I'm not sure what you'd really dislike - It's a competitive, team based game, just like basketball, volleyball, football, etc. If you don't have good players, you're not going to be good, but that's why you play with your RL buddies ;)

We're not all popular like you Sheepy! We are a bunch of people playing a Web-Based Nation Simulator, I think it's safe to assume we are not the most popular crowd lol

Edited by Alkadi Yiri
  • Upvote 1

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

I only play it with me and four AI against my friend and four AI, and it's okay, I guess. 6/10 in the gaming scale, 10/10 being Crash Bandicoot, KOTOR, and Battlefront II, and 0/10 being Air Control. I prefer other means of gaming.

Sovet Danyton said me, you , him, and Mothman could play it together.

I loved League of Legends for awhile, the only issue I found with it was that it got so addicting I didn't want to do anything else and it consumed me. At least with these Nation Sims I can get up and do other things while reading posts here and there. Kind of depends on how much time you have and how much you are willing to give up.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

I loved League of Legends for awhile, the only issue I found with it was that it got so addicting I didn't want to do anything else and it consumed me. At least with these Nation Sims I can get up and do other things while reading posts here and there. Kind of depends on how much time you have and how much you are willing to give up.

This is also the issue that I have. I get on with my friends (who play a lot more than me) and it's like, wow, 5AM already? We've only played 11 games tonight :P

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I played LoL for a while before DotA and I think the pros about it are the easier learning curve, less new player punishment, and they tend to get over quicker (with the ability to just call gg). If you want to play, but have never had a reason. find someone else who is relatively new, and perhaps someone who is more skilled. This will help you have someone to give you advice closer to your own skill level about getting started, and someone to look at to see where you can find yourself skill wise with enough practice.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I've played LoL a decent amount, about a game a week or so for the past year+. It was fun for quite a while...however having no friends to play with, you get somewhat punished. Not watching it (because honestly, I don't follow nor care to), I have no idea what "meta" is, which I get punished for. I can't play enough to ever be good. I still have no idea what the point of runes/masteries are, so I set them the same for all champs, which I regularly play most of.

So I play Galio in the bot lane and hope for the best. GG.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

I've played LoL a decent amount, about a game a week or so for the past year+. It was fun for quite a while...however having no friends to play with, you get somewhat punished. Not watching it (because honestly, I don't follow nor care to), I have no idea what "meta" is, which I get punished for. I can't play enough to ever be good. I still have no idea what the point of runes/masteries are, so I set them the same for all champs, which I regularly play most of.

So I play Galio in the bot lane and hope for the best. GG.

There's a lot of good guides on mobafire that explain where and how to play a champ, that helps a lot. 

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Well, if you like games like DOTA, you'll surely love LoL. Don't mistake it as a copy though, it has its own sets of rules and mechanics that differentiates it from its predecessor. The most fun that'll motivate you in starting it though is playing it with friends. 

I used to play in NA when I stayed there, more sportsmanlike players.

But now, I play in PH server (Garena) and the community is toxic as hell. 

There's a lot of good guides on mobafire that explain where and how to play a champ, that helps a lot. 

Learning how to play a champ doesn't help knowing what's good strategically in the meta. I can play champs decently well and still have no synergy with the team.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

I used to play in NA when I stayed there, more sportsmanlike players.

But now, I play in PH server (Garena) and the community is toxic as hell. 

Wow. That's amazingly bad then.

Learning how to play a champ doesn't help knowing what's good strategically in the meta. I can play champs decently well and still have no synergy with the team.

Seeing what guides are relevant to the seasons and where those guides tell you to play a specific champion gives you a pretty good indication of what's in the meta.

Example:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champion/skarner-81

Rn the top guides for skarner are designed with the tank jungler role in mind. With that information you can assume that he's best to play as a tank jungler. That doesn't mean you can't play him as anything else, it's just what's currently in the meta.

Edited by Satisfriend

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I only really find it fun playing with rl friends, if they don't play then I rarely ever will by myself because everyone else on that game is either toxic, a troll or incredibly bad at the game.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.