Star Wars: Battlefront (Original, 2, and DICE's)

Bilal the Great

Battlefront_copy.jpg66685_front.jpg
StarWarsBattlefrontPS4Box.jpg

Let's discuss about what I consider (and probably some other people) one of the best TPS/FPS ever made.

I never played the first Battlefront to be honest, the first Battlefront I played was Battlefront 2 in PSP and PS2. A year ago I bought Battlefront 2 for PC and still plays it today. It !@#$ sucks that Gamespy shut down and I no longer can play Battlefront 2 multiplayer.

Now, for the new Battlefront. I'm excited about it because, it's new battlefront, with next gen graphics and all! But I'm becoming more disappointed when I heard that it would only come with 3 maps, no space battle, and some large vehicle (like the AT-AT) is going to be on rails. !@#$ it, my laptop isn't going to be able to run it anyway.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I remember installing so many custom maps onto my Battlefront 2, the amount I had was insane.

BF2 is definitely one of my favourite shooters of all time, just because it's Star Wars, and nothing can beat Star Wars on the cool factor. Speaking of which, DICE's Battlefront is looking to be a disappointing game, and I definitely not holding my breath for the new one. Only really played about 10-20 hours of the original, but out of all of them, they had my favourite maps, especially Bespin. Overall, it's probably among the most enjoyable experience I had in gaming.

The original Battlefront is by far my favorite game ever. The maps had strategic points implemented into them, there were no heros, and it was just fun.

Now, my expectations for the New Battlefront have risen slightly.

It is confirmed there will be more than 3 maps. They took out Space Battles for multiple reasons. One, it is hard to work with space battles in that game engine. Two, I feel that there are so many better modes and options for simple dogfights than fleet-to-fleet battles. However, I will miss the Space Battles. Those were the best.

With newer and newer things being released, I can only say that I will be praying for EA. Praying that they dont screw this one up. 

THE NEW PRUSSIAN EMPIRE!

Kaiser Nikolai Baldarius

prussianflag.gif

Still, Star Wars on next gen engine is very promising.

I hope they're to include the Clone Wars from the prequel. Yeah, you can hate the prequels all you like, but the prequels have some seriously cool ground battles, which are perfect to be made into a game. Imagine, Geonosis XL battle on Frostbite, shit would be insane.

indonesia.jpg

Still, Star Wars on next gen engine is very promising.

I hope they're to include the Clone Wars from the prequel. Yeah, you can hate the prequels all you like, but the prequels have some seriously cool ground battles, which are perfect to be made into a game. Imagine, Geonosis XL battle on Frostbite, !@#$ would be insane.

No, they arnt including Clone Wars on the main game, which sucks :( Hopefully it comes out for DLC, or the next battlefront after this one. THough, we do have to consider some things with the clone wars. 

How would first person work for that? CIS, at least?

THE NEW PRUSSIAN EMPIRE!

Kaiser Nikolai Baldarius

prussianflag.gif

I absolutely loved the original. I got it for Christmas when it came out, though I can't remember the year offhand. It was my go to game, and it was so sick. And then along came número dos and it absolutely blew my mind. I played the little ones on the psp, like rogue squadron and something else, and they were decent, but no where close to the first two. The new one has me so hyped, even though I do t have anything to run it on...

• Upvote 1

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way."
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of
the man who leads that gains the victory."
-General George S. Patton

No, they arnt including Clone Wars on the main game, which sucks :( Hopefully it comes out for DLC, or the next battlefront after this one. THough, we do have to consider some things with the clone wars. 

How would first person work for that? CIS, at least?

Yeah, they have to completely reworks the model for CIS battle droids. With Rebels/Empire both of them have soldiers that uses basic human model (even the aliens are simple headswap), but with battle droids they have to create new model from scratch. B1 droids uses guns and moves around like human, but B2 Super battle droids is a little more tricky, since their only weapon is their own arm, and they're supposed to be less agile and moves slower. And don't get me started on Droidekas, they would be very awkward to use in first person, with their ability to curl into ball and roll around.

But still, CIS would be a very unique faction to play since the class is so diverse, which each droid class being very different from each other. I mean the vehicles technically are droids too (but in the old games they're still treated as normal vehicle).

indonesia.jpg

Yeah, they have to completely reworks the model for CIS battle droids. With Rebels/Empire both of them have soldiers that uses basic human model (even the aliens are simple headswap), but with battle droids they have to create new model from scratch. B1 droids uses guns and moves around like human, but B2 Super battle droids is a little more tricky, since their only weapon is their own arm, and they're supposed to be less agile and moves slower. And don't get me started on Droidekas, they would be very awkward to use in first person, with their ability to curl into ball and roll around.

But still, CIS would be a very unique faction to play since the class is so diverse, which each droid class being very different from each other. I mean the vehicles technically are droids too (but in the old games they're still treated as normal vehicle).

I know, Im just saying, with the system the new battlefront is being placed into, a CIS faction would really work. Clones, yes. But not droids.

THE NEW PRUSSIAN EMPIRE!

Kaiser Nikolai Baldarius

prussianflag.gif

Dice can go !@#$ themselves

battlefront-features.jpg

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

AT-AT is confirmed playable, and the number of DLCs hasn't been confirmed, where'd you get that image from?

Just wait 'till it's released to judge it, alright?

It's a bit old and was based on statements by both DICE and EA. Most of it is still "current" though.

And don't tell me not to judge, I'll judge whatever and whomever I like whenever I want.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...