First ever "good" city

Alex

• Administrators

I'm using the term loosely, but I finally created a city with no major traffic problems. It's only one square big, but that's enough to satisfy me until later :)

EbQv3UG.jpgSgWsFO4.jpgwYzkXIj.jpg

What do you guys think? I've only got about 25 hours or so into C:S, so there's probably a lot of much better city builders out there!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I fixed that wonky figure 8 roundabout in the left corner. There was an intersection on there where people had to make left turns to get on and off, which kinda defeats the point of a roundabout.

KmRaHWE.jpg

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

looks pretty okay. You need more education though

Here's a place i use for a guide a lot. 

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1453119

Edited by Big Boss

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

At first I thought SimCity 2013, but then I saw the interface was different... I don't recognize this game-

Edited by kriller509

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

• Administrators

At first I thought SimCity 2013, but then I saw the interface was different... I don't recognize this game-

It's called Cities: Skylines. It's what SimCity 5 should have been, imo. Neat game.

looks pretty okay. You need more education though

Here's a place i use for a guide a lot. 

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1453119

That looks neat, I'll read through it one of these nights.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'll grab the game, does it have multiplayer? Seems to be pretty good from the reviews, and everyone who compares it to simcity seems to at the start state the obvious answer of it being this one lol

banner.png

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

I'll grab the game, does it have multiplayer? Seems to be pretty good from the reviews, and everyone who compares it to simcity seems to at the start state the obvious answer of it being this one lol

No it doesn't have MP.  Well worth getting imo.  There is some awesome mods on Steam Workshop.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Seems from a quick glance that you can make a city 4x bigger than from simcity

even larger.

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

A lot larger than x4. 

A lot. 

I'll post pics of my city when I get a chance. 

There's this mod allows you to buy every plot in the map, and as you can see in the map editor, C:S maps are !@#$ing huge . It's insane.

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I saw it for $25 on Steam

Anyway im getting it, I hate how small Cities in SimCity are and I'd love something more advanced! Thank god for P&W I get to find a new game to love :D

• Upvote 1

banner.png

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

Yeah but direct from steam so you get dat extra experience (I checked its $30 on steam.. $29.99 (They dont add tax so its exactly $29.99 lol))

Eh, I'll just get it off of a cheaper place I guess, I can add it as a non-steam game lol

Edited by Alkadi Yiri

banner.png

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

• Administrators

Bn8B2rt.png

Notice the spaghetti.

I like your city! It's just really grid-dy, I like my cities a little more random and curly :)

how much does this game cost?

Pretty cheap, about $30.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sheepy, here's a good series of Cities, done by good 'ole Nerd³... here's the link to the playlist.

If anyone here hasn't heard of Cities: Skylines, here's a review of it done by him...

Totally not obsessed with Cities, or anything.  :P

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Yeah but direct from steam so you get dat extra experience (I checked its $30 on steam.. $29.99 (They dont add tax so its exactly $29.99 lol))

Eh, I'll just get it off of a cheaper place I guess, I can add it as a non-steam game lol

Just wait till the game got into a big sale, probably in winter sale.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

If you liked Sim City 4, don't get this game. Disappointing as hell.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

If you liked Sim City 4, don't get this game. Disappointing as hell.

I originally had SimCity 2000 and that was pretty awesome. Never played SC4, but I pre-ordered SimCity (2013) and was super disappointed. Cities: Skylines is way, way better than that game.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link