Mensa HQ Declaration of War

Vanek26

Anything I share with anyone in Orbis, or IRC or other worlds I live on, is fair game to do as you like imo.  I don't share my IRL name, FB, etc for that very reason.  War simulators have a nasty way of friend becoming enemies becoming friends becoming enemies again.  Take this picture of myself.  Someone put Elijah Woods eyes on me!

steve-buscemi-with-elijah-woods-face.jpg

Oh you  :wub:

To bring some decorum lets look at some stats.

Mensa HQ

Members: 61

Total Soldiers: 6,536,324

Total Tanks: 224,994

Total Aircraft: 37,988

Total Ships: 719

Total Missiles: 115

Total Nuclear Weapons: 1

Vanguard

Members: 37

Total Soldiers: 799,786

Total Tanks: 4,378

Total Aircraft: 999

Total Ships: 438

Total Missiles: 103

Total Nuclear Weapons: 8

Members: Mensa have 1.64 times what Vanguard has (24)

Total Soldiers: Mensa have 8.17 times what Vanguard has

Total Tanks: Mensa have 51.31 times what Vanguard has

Total Aircraft: Mensa have 38.02 times what Vanguard has

Total Ships: Mensa have 1.64 times what Vanguard has

Total Missiles: Mensa has 12 more

Total Nuclear Weapons: Vanguard has 7 more

From the figures Vanguard is overwhelmingly outmatched. You can't fight a conventional comeback if your opponent has 50 times your ground capability and 38 times your air capacity.

Those with nuclear weapons will be the most effective for them while the rest will have to make do with missiles. For those unfortunate souls they will have to be content with having a limited stock of missiles that'll miss half the time.

would have been interesting to see the prewar comparison.

seeing as this thread got out of hand, i present you a distraction

Edited by Kim Jong-Il
  • Upvote 3

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

b5s0XUj.png

You are welcome.

Thank you for that, the estimation previously of Mensa being 3 to 4 times stronger at the beginning was about right. Looking at the stats today it really has been just a complete beatdown. 

I think Vanguard has done more Infra damage. Nukes and missiles.

In my wars, this has been correct. I've been focusing in beating them with conventional warfare, but my infrastructure has gotten absolutely wrecked. Different priorities -- and of course, when forced into a corner there isn't much else you can do.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

In my wars, this has been correct. I've been focusing in beating them with conventional warfare, but my infrastructure has gotten absolutely wrecked. Different priorities -- and of course, when forced into a corner there isn't much else you can do.

Which reminds me again that the game needs a missile/nuke interception chance bonus for air/ground/ship superiority even if small.

• Upvote 2
77oKn5K.png

Is this whining I hear?

Yeah, I suppose it is, once you've got the edge on a guy, there isn't really much he can do other then sit there and take his kickin for 5 days.  He's never gonna free himself and be able to turn the tides like a boss.  If he's lucky he's got a nice little stocpile of missiles, materials and cash, so he can score some infra damage and make himself feel a little bit better, but apart from that, nothing else he can do.  If he's even luckier he might slightly weaken the other guy by taking out some mil buildings.

Just seems to be a bit of a shit boring ass way to do things for both the attacker and the defender.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Needs a whole new rewrite of the war mechanic in my opinion.

i agree. magically transporting your entire army to the battlefront and then immediately having them available for defense turns the game into a simple numbers game. if you have more people you will grind your opponent to zero since you can easily destroy more than a couple day's worth of units in a few hours. 

inevitably it will turn into the side with the most numbers controlling the ground, the side with less numbers nuke/missile turtling (and often dealing more damage/money spent since war is very costly to maintain and use conventional armies)

• Upvote 4